HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta NY Times article on Del Zotto

Old
12-22-2011, 12:05 AM
KingHenrik311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
McDonagh would've been the linchpin on the back end for that organization for a long time.

But instead, he's our No. 3.
Love it. He will be for a long time. Like suter/weber in NSH.. the problem will be how much do we pay them when the time comes.

KingHenrik311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:17 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik311 View Post
Love it. He will be for a long time. Like suter/weber in NSH.. the problem will be how much do we pay them when the time comes.
Would be sick if we could lock him up to the type of deal Staal signed when he gets to that point.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:23 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

It's like a garbage can was replaced on the ice this season with an actual NHL defenseman.

DeL Zotto is a totally different player and has emerged as a top 3 defenseman on this team, with Staal out.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik311 View Post

Girardi - 27 yrs old
Staal - 24
Sauer - 24
McDonagh - 22
Del Zotto - 21

Erixon - 20
McIlrath - 19

Our defense is going to be SCARY good for a long time. I think we will see a situation develop here where the team has grown up together and everyone is so close with each other, that guys will be willing to take "hometown discounts" to stay together.

As a fan these next 5-10 years are going to be a joy to watch.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:35 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Girardi - 27 yrs old
Staal - 24
Sauer - 24
McDonagh - 22
Del Zotto - 21

Erixon - 20
McIlrath - 19

Our defense is going to be SCARY good for a long time. I think we will see a situation develop here where the team has grown up together and everyone is so close with each other, that guys will be willing to take "hometown discounts" to stay together.

As a fan these next 5-10 years are going to be a joy to watch.
Doubt it.

Highly unlikely we will be able to retain all those guys in the future with the hard cap.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
I beg to differ, you wouldn't trade mdz+dubi for Bobby Ryan!?
Im sure he would. I sure as hell would and run away however... there is a big difference in the value of McD and MDZ. MDZ and a guy with 1 goal on the season won't get you Bobby Ryan. McDonagh however, well I would like to think his value has sky rocketed and a team needing a solid defenseman who can eat minutes would trade for.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Doubt it.

Highly unlikely we will be able to retain all those guys in the future with the hard cap.
Agreed. However if we can get a few of them locked up to reasonable long term deals our defense will be set.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Yes, I agree that Ducks don't need MDZ due to Fowler but they would crave for McD. I think it's a move that Sather would really have to consider and take a long look at if it brought back Bobby Ryan.
McD is going nowhere because he has greater upside all around than any of our defensemen including the almighty Staal.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

You can never have too many defensemen.

Just so happens putting on a Rangers sweater seems to make them play better...

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
McD is going nowhere because he has greater upside all around than any of our defensemen including the almighty Staal.
I see what you did there. With Staal. Surprising no one.

Anyhow, doesn't make what you said any less true. McD is already a special player. He hasn't played a season's worth of games. That's pretty gorram cool.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Haven't seen you around here in a while. I was hoping you locked yourself in the closet and forgot where you put the key. Damn.

For once can you put up some statistics to back up these outlandish statements? (Answer is no, because there is not a shred of truth to them, and you for whatever reason just hate Marc Staal. Did he shun you for an autograph or something? )

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 12-22-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old
12-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
I beg to differ, you wouldn't trade mdz+dubi for Bobby Ryan!?

No, I would not. I like MDZ. I liked him last season and I like him that much more now.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I was hoping you locked yourself in the closet and forgot where you put the key. Damn.

For once can you put up some statistics to back up these outlandish statements?
eesh. Didn't take long to turn sour in here.

I hope he's right. I hope that Mac turns out to be one of the absolute best shutdown defensemen in the league, even providing some offense.

Because that's obviously what Drew meant

Old
12-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
No, I would not. I like MDZ. I liked him last season and I like him that much more now.
To add to this, the Rangers are seeing first hand how quickly a defense can be gutted by injuries

Old
12-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
eesh. Didn't take long to turn sour in here.

I hope he's right. I hope that Mac turns out to be one of the absolute best shutdown defensemen in the league, even providing some offense.

Because that's obviously what Drew meant
Oh no its not sour. Just every post Drew makes some how relates to Girardi and/or Mcdonagh being better then Marc Staal. Not to mention he can never post a single statistic to back up his statements about Staal and Girardi, or many of his other statements about how this Rangers team is not one of the better teams in the east.

Im sure Drew is a great guy however it was just nice to not have so much negativity around here. All I truly meant by it.

Old
12-22-2011, 01:41 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Seriously. MDZ instantly becomes a top 4 d-man on Anaheim and Dubi playing with the big 3 could produce just as much as Ryan, IMO.

Like I said, not that impressed with Ryan when he's not with his two buddies.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Blazephr

Eventually, NYR are going to have to cut bait with a D-man. And that D-man should be Sauer. He's too injury prone for my liking. Good defenseman, but I see him going down the same road as his brother Kurt, in regards to all the injuries and games missed.

Blazephr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Seriously. MDZ instantly becomes a top 4 d-man on Anaheim and Dubi playing with the big 3 could produce just as much as Ryan, IMO.

Like I said, not that impressed with Ryan when he's not with his two buddies.
I dunno I think that is a WEE bit of a stretch. Dubinsky has been tried on just about every line combination on the Rangers and has not been able to spark anything. Richards and Gaborik are no slouches either.

I think Dubi MAY be able to return to form at some point in this season regardless of who he is playing with however, I do not think he will ever put up #'s like Bobby Ryan even if he spends the rest of the season playing on a line with both Richards and Gaborik.

Old
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Oh no its not sour. Just every post Drew makes some how relates to Girardi and/or Mcdonagh being better then Marc Staal. Not to mention he can never post a single statistic to back up his statements about Staal and Girardi, or many of his other statements about how this Rangers team is not one of the better teams in the east.

Im sure Drew is a great guy however it was just nice to not have so much negativity around here. All I truly meant by it.
To be fair, Stats on D-men are not always telling, which makes the argument over superiority that much more difficult. +/- is virtually useless, as well as TOI/G. You really have to watch them play, and take dozens of factors (quality of competition, backchecking from forwards, offensive capabilities, work along the boards).

As far as his negativity goes, he DID tell me to "come talk to him after we played 'real teams' like the Caps, Flyers, Pens."

Never did get back to him on that.

Old
12-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
To be fair, Stats on D-men are not always telling, which makes the argument over superiority that much more difficult. +/- is virtually useless, as well as TOI/G. You really have to watch them play, and take dozens of factors (quality of competition, backchecking from forwards, offensive capabilities, work along the boards).

As far as his negativity goes, he DID tell me to "come talk to him after we played 'real teams' like the Caps, Flyers, Pens."

Never did get back to him on that.
While this is true, he tried to make the point that Staal isn't as good as any of the elite defenseman in the league because he can't produce offensively. As if Staals 29 points in 77 games at 23 years old last year meant he has peaked. And of course because the defense is surviving without Staal it means that he isn't as good as every one thinks and it has nothing to do with the possibility of Girardi and Mcdonagh having the ability to take it to the next level.

And after that statement he made about the Caps Flyers and Pens he disappeared for a while after we continued to win. Hence why I made my original statement .

Old
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
While this is true, he tried to make the point that Staal isn't as good as any of the elite defenseman in the league because he can't produce offensively. As if Staals 29 points in 77 games at 23 years old last year meant he has peaked. And of course because the defense is surviving without Staal it means that he isn't as good as every one thinks and it has nothing to do with the possibility of Girardi and Mcdonagh having the ability to take it to the next level.

And after that statement he made about the Caps Flyers and Pens he disappeared for a while after we continued to win. Hence why I made my original statement .
Well I don't agree with the guy, as I think anyone with eyeballs last season could pick out our best defenseman.(Hint, it's Staalsy)

Just pointing at that if we sit here arguing about who's better with stats, it'll just be wheels spinning in place.

As for our best defenseman of recent, while Danny G and Mac are playing their shutdown game, Del Zotto has stepped it up in a huge ****ing way. When healthy, this D is going to be stacked.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Well I don't agree with the guy, as I think anyone with eyeballs last season could pick out our best defenseman.(Hint, it's Staalsy)

Just pointing at that if we sit here arguing about who's better with stats, it'll just be wheels spinning in place.

As for our best defenseman of recent, while Danny G and Mac are playing their shutdown game, Del Zotto has stepped it up in a huge ****ing way. When healthy, this D is going to be stacked.
First off, are you insinuating that he doesn't have eye balls?!? hahaha

As far as the bold part is concerned, nothing but truth there.

Del Zotto has stepped it up immensely. At this point in time, my prediction for him points wise will be what he did in his rookie year, except this time not just playing acceptable defense which he couldn't even do that year, but playing GOOD defense.

Old
12-22-2011, 02:40 AM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Yes, I agree that Ducks don't need MDZ due to Fowler but they would crave for McD. I think it's a move that Sather would really have to consider and take a long look at if it brought back Bobby Ryan.
Quote:
The Rangers have a number of prime asserts to send to the Ducks for Ryan, who will attract considerable interest from big-time franchises throughout the league as Anaheim (on streaks of 0-5, 0-6-1 and 1-10-3 in carrying a 6-13-4 record into tonight’s match in Montreal) is seeking to replenish by gaining a package of young, cap-friendly players in exchange for the three-time 30-goal scorer.

It is believed the Rangers consider Ryan Callahan, Derek Stepan, Marc Staal (who has begun skating on his own), Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh and Michael Sauer to be untouchables within the organization regarding this particular equation.
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...J9dqKy2mL8SQVI

McDonagh isn't being traded for Ryan.

I wouldn't move Del Zotto either.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I would ****ing kill myself if Ryan McDonagh was moved. There is no way anyone in the top four gets moved though.

Del Zotto is the only legit defenseman in play and he damn sure better bring back a Bobby Ryan type if he's getting moved, because we don't have anyone similar to him in the system.

Oh yeah, and he's 21.
100% agree. I would ****ing die if McD was traded for anyone not named Crosby or Ovechkin. The kid is already a stud and will be one of the best d-men in the league in his prime.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Black Tank

I'm not trading anyone for Bobby ****ing Ryan right now. Nearly half way through the season he is on pace for 24 goals and 40 points with about 20 mins a night. The Ducks are a bad team and he hasn't been able to do anything to turn that around, instead his own production has plumetted. He's a good player but not a difference maker.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote