HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Can Radulov become a Hab?

Old
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You know you don't need to be a Habs fan even if you're from Montreal.

If you love enforcers and think that the Bruins have a winning/proud mentality, go cheer for them. I'm sure you will feel more welcome there than here.
Guys come on...if he keeps getting badgered he might stop posting so much absurd stuff and the laughter will end

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Killerguitar101*

Send a message via AIM to Killerguitar101*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Boston also has 3 lines capable of scoring goals.

The team got rid of its softest forward in Cammalleri last year, a whole lot of good it did us.

This team has many issues. We might have the softest defense in the league, and that is definitely a problem. With the forwards I'm more concerned with the fact that we only have 3 wingers who can be trusted to score goals, and none of the three can be considered a good passer.

Unless you have the Sedins are Malkin, having one offensive line like the Habs did last year will make you a pathetic team regardless of how much "heart" or "toughness" you have.
The Bruins also have Benoit Pouliot as their lazy player. But he's a bottom-6 player which means his influence on the rest of the team is pretty irrelevant. Radulov would be Montreal's indentity and it's a pretty shameful identity to give to your team.

I'd rather have a losing team that stands up for itself, that works hard night in night out. Talent isn't a priority. Heart is. I'd rather end in 14th with Desharnais on the 1st line than losing in the first round with Radulov on the 1st line.

I still can't believe you guys would bring Semins and Radulovs just because they are talented.

It's pretty much the only thing they have, just like Andrei Kostitsyn. hockey is a game where the most passionate, the biggest-hearted team wins. Radulov is nothing of what makes you win.

Killerguitar101* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Killerguitar101*

Quote:
You know you don't need to be a Habs fan even if you're from Montreal.

If you love enforcers and think that the Bruins have a winning/proud mentality, go cheer for them. I'm sure you will feel more welcome there than here.
No way. You go root for your favorite KHL team. Go cheer for the Impact!

Montreal had this mentality before the lock-out. It's time the fans get back on earth and stop being stat junkie nerds. Behind the stats, there's a whole game of passion, heart, team and even some psychology.

Some guy like Radulov who would get 65 points is wayyyyy less valuable to a team than a less talented guy like Shane Doan who gets 55 points a season.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:15 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Oh nevermind, I think no matter waht the laughter will continue.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnforcerWeNeed View Post
No way. You go root for your favorite KHL team. Go cheer for the Impact!

Montreal had this mentality before the lock-out. It's time the fans get back on earth and stop being stat junkie nerds. Behind the stats, there's a whole game of passion, heart, team and even some psychology.

Some guy like Radulov who would get 65 points is wayyyyy less valuable to a team than a less talented guy like Shane Doan who gets 55 points a season.
And who here is suggesting to pick Radulov over Doan? Jesus Christ, how do you come up with this crap?

Btw, what's wrong with cheering for the Impact?

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:20 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
And who here is suggesting to pick Radulov over Doan? Jesus Christ, how do you come up with this crap?

Since the lock out in 7 seasons Doan has averaged 62 points per season.

So not only did his comparison make no sense, but it was completely incorrect. The classic double whammy

Old
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
The Bruins also have Benoit Pouliot as their lazy player. But he's a bottom-6 player which means his influence on the rest of the team is pretty irrelevant. Radulov would be Montreal's indentity and it's a pretty shameful identity to give to your team.

I'd rather have a losing team that stands up for itself, that works hard night in night out. Talent isn't a priority. Heart is. I'd rather end in 14th with Desharnais on the 1st line than losing in the first round with Radulov on the 1st line.

I still can't believe you guys would bring Semins and Radulovs just because they are talented.

It's pretty much the only thing they have, just like Andrei Kostitsyn. hockey is a game where the most passionate, the biggest-hearted team wins. Radulov is nothing of what makes you win.
Humm yeah.... Subban, Gorges, Price, Plekanec, Gionta. These guys are the Habs' identity and would still be if we acquired Radulov.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:23 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkostitsyn View Post
humm yeah.... Subban, gorges, price, plekanec, gionta. These guys are the habs' identity.
maaaaaaax patch eyore etttti!

Old
06-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Stradale

Quote:

You keep contradicting yourself.

Radulov+AK are cancer, party animal, doesn't care about hockey. When you realize that Carter and Richards are much worse, you say its okay to be party animal if you backchecks.

You say the Bruins are proud and have a winning mentality.. yet they brought Ryder, who was a loser(like you call them if they don't win the cup) and Pouliot.

A good team is a mixture of talent and work. I agree that you will not win many championships if you build your team AROUND Radulov or Semin but if they're here to give your team an offensive support, they will help the team win no matter what.

A team full of scrubs will not win you championships.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I'm guessing it's because they don't fight, and their best players are Europeans.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

What I read about "heart" could inflate an air mattress. Add to that junk wisdom the stereotypical allegations that Russians are likely to flee to the KHL and I feel queasy. The Caps upset the Bruins and took the Rangers to 7 games. Apparently Semin didn't undermine them all that much. The Coyotes got to the second round despite Semin and both Kostitsyns, while the Canucks, Red Wings, and Bruins didn't.

Let's face it, the Habs are talent-deprived. I'd worry about their heart after they get some scorers, not before. The comment in this thread about preferring to finish 14th with Desharnais rather than 8th with Semin is ludicrous, particularly since adding Semin wouldn't affect Desharnais, who plays alongside his two Big Brothers. Would I prefer Semin or Radulov (or AKost) to White? You bet I would.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Killerguitar101*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Humm yeah.... Subban, Gorges, Price, Plekanec, Gionta. These guys are the Habs' identity and would still be if we acquired Radulov.
Because Radulov would post more points than them, he would become Montreal's identity. Just like the Washington Choke Artists had Semin and Ovechkin. Their identity wasn't Jason Chimera, Troy Brouwer and Brooks Laich.

You'll never win with top-players like Radulov, Semin... Or Marleau or Thornton ior Heatley.

You're more likely going to win with some Kopitar, Brown, and Richards.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Killerguitar101*

Quote:
You keep contradicting yourself.

Radulov+AK are cancer, party animal, doesn't care about hockey. When you realize that Carter and Richards are much worse, you say its okay to be party animal if you backchecks.

You say the Bruins are proud and have a winning mentality.. yet they brought Ryder, who was a loser(like you call them if they don't win the cup) and Pouliot.

A good team is a mixture of talent and work. I agree that you will not win many championships if you build your team AROUND Radulov or Semin but if they're here to give your team an offensive support, they will help the team win no matter what.

A team full of scrubs will not win you championships.
They got rid of Ryder. Yet Ryder and Pouliot werent the identity of the Bruins, they were just some plugs they have hired to fill some spots. They are ***king losers but they had heart guys and they are a team-first hockey team.

If you sign Radulov and Semin, I'm sorry, but you're giving them pretty much 6-7 millions which means they are the players you are going to build around.

And I don't want to build around them for another decade. I'd rather lose with a team than become a bunch of choke-artist team that doesn't play without the puck and that is acting each their own way.

Like Radulov and Semin.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Because Radulov would post more points than them, he would become Montreal's identity. Just like the Washington Choke Artists had Semin and Ovechkin. Their identity wasn't Jason Chimera, Troy Brouwer and Brooks Laich.

You'll never win with top-players like Radulov, Semin... Or Marleau or Thornton ior Heatley.

Hindsight 20/20.

I also like how you call players chokers and losers because they didn't win the cup yet. Grow up a bit.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Killerguitar101*

Quote:
Hindsight 20/20.

I also like how you call players chokers and losers because they didn't win the cup yet. Grow up a bit.
It's more because they all play on a team that should be cup contending yet they always choke before doing anything good.

Radulov was 6 pts in 8 games, but two goals were scored on his team directly because he didn't skate back to his own zone. To me, the value of his 6 pts is more like 4 points in 8 games which isn't worth what he'll be asking for.

If Radulov gets some 4 millions, go get him, because that means we wont build around him.

Old
06-12-2012, 10:29 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Screw Radulov. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. The guy is a headcase. If Trotz doesn't want him, then why the hell should we take him? I'd much rather Semin and even then I'd probably pass.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

No. Cancer.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
Screw Radulov. That would be a disaster waiting to happen. The guy is a headcase. If Trotz doesn't want him, then why the hell should we take him? I'd much rather Semin and even then I'd probably pass.
Classic.....just classic...

How is it Grabovski found his head in TORONTO?
but oh if Habs couldn't handle him no one can ....disaster waiting to happen ...LOL
Trust me Burke would have shipped him out already ,and was offered a lot(first round pick and more) at trade deadline but kept him ,..why?

wake up.

MONTREAL FINISHED LAST ....L , A , S T ....

You don't think we need more Darche/Noky types on the team ?
Wake up

Lars Eller never scored 26 goals in his second NHL season did he?

Wake up

Radulov is a 35-40 GOAL MAN that will go into the traffic in front of net ,you need them to win.
He is a guy who can carry a team .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:40 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:

So Radulov would get more points than Pacioretty, Desharnais and Cole too? Why don't we get him then?

Btw, was Krejci the face of the Bruins when they won the cup? He was their leading scorer..

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Stradale

So in other words, enforcerweneed will take Radulov with this team despite being a cancer, lazy, loser, heartless, choker, not a team player, party animal, who never backchecks, an individualistic dick with no pride, that hates hocke etc... if he signs less than 4M$.

Why would you give a bad bad hockey player and human being that will mess with the entire team 4M$ a year?

Old
06-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Luckily for this team, someone with more sense than you is in charge of the Habs.

I am sure, if offered the opportunity, Bergevin would pick up Radulov at the right price.
If he wants to build his team around other teams' problem child, he would. I somehow doubt that's what he wants though.

See, you're better off being patient and develop your own players, surround them with GOOD veterans both on and off the ice, than rush and get other team's problems and that, not matter the asking price. A rotten apple in the basket is likely to rot the other apples.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:04 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Classic.....just classic...

How is it Grabovski found his head in TORONTO?
but oh if Habs couldn't handle him no one can ....

wake up.
You're going to use Grabovski as an example? Really? Definitely wouldn't want him on my team either.

Quote:
You don;t think we need more Darche type on the team ?
Wake up
Who's talking about Darche? That's an incredible leap in logic right there. You need to wake up! Players like Radulov, who put themselves before the team, DO NOT win in the NHL.

Quote:
Radulov is a 35-40 GOAL MAN ,you need them to win.
LA, Boston and Chicago disagree. Since the lockout, the championship team has had a player score 35 or more goals in the regular season 4 times: Malkin 35, Zetterberg 43, Selanne 48 and Staal 45. Those are HOF caliber players who do everything. Would you like to compare Radulov to them? It would seem that you need players that excel all over the ice to be successful, not less talented and more egotistic versions of Ovechkin.

The first time I got a look at Radulov this year, I seen him on a rush with AK, and I forget exactly what Andrei did with the puck but he didn't pass it to Radulov. What does Radulov do? Flails his arms in the air and floats his way to the bench on a long change. I knew right there that he wouldn't be back with Nashville. Screw him, he's the definition of loser mentality.

Wake up!

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
If he wants to build his team around other teams' problem child, he would. I somehow doubt that's what he wants though.

See, you're better off being patient and develop your own players, surround them with GOOD veterans both on and off the ice, than rush and get other team's problems and that, not matter the asking price. A rotten apple in the basket is likely to rot the other apples.
Well, Dean Lombardi just proved that taking other team's problem can win you championships. Richards, Carter were kicked out of their for their off-ice issues. Penner who had a really bad rep around the league also found a way to be useful in the playoffs.

And just to make sure you get my point, I'm talking about the off-ice problems here. Radulov, Richards and Carter are all really good hockey players so I'm not talking what they can do on the ice but off-ice. If Radulov, because of missing curfew once, is in Richards and Carter category in term of being party animal, it just proves that a problem in one place doesn't mean they will be problem somewhere else.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Killerguitar101*

Quote:
So in other words, enforcerweneed will take Radulov with this team despite being a cancer, lazy, loser, heartless, choker, not a team player, party animal, who never backchecks, an individualistic dick with no pride, that hates hocke etc... if he signs less than 4M$.

Why would you give a bad bad hockey player and human being that will mess with the entire team 4M$ a year?
It wouldn't be a mess if he was signing for 4 millions, just like Andrei Kostitsyn signing one-season/3.25 millions.

the importance of a player in the team is defined by its salary. For example, when Boston signed Chara, they told him he would be the most paid player on the team.

But for Radulov, we will lose some 2th round picks, if he signs, we're going to overpay him 2-3 millions.

I don't want Radulov as the guy we'll build around.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
You're going to use Grabovski as an example? Really? Definitely wouldn't want him on my team either.
If you followed hockey outside the Habs, you would know that Grabovski is a much much much more better hockey player now. I've watch a lot of Leafs game and he's dedicated to his team night in night out. Even Leafs fans would rather have him as their captain over canadian boy Phaneuf so you get the idea. Yeah of course, he's not the ideal captain but when the fans think he should be the captain of their team, he probably did something right.

Last edited by Stradale: 06-12-2012 at 11:35 PM.