Jets vs. Canadiens | December 22 | 7:30PM CT / 8:30PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Jetsfan1991

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
I'm familiar with les Habs and their style, like Winnipeg they are transitioning to a more defensive style but I know les habs well enough to know that they are going to be hard to beat. I'm conflicted on this game, if the Jets lose I'll be sad, if the Habs lose I'll be sad.
I sort of feel the same way; however, if the Habs lose, I'll be less sad than if the Jets lose. Also, hopefully Cunneyworth's term comes to an end quicker than expected . Also, Gauthier needs to get the hell out of there too.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
Fehr has been disappointing, but after a long lay off what can you expect. Sidney Crosby numbers? It's too bad cause I like the guy. Had a few shots with him at Carlos and Murphy's a few years back when he was a Cap.

Slow day at the office today huh? BTW congrats on making it to the finals in our NFL fantasy league. I can't believe I got taken out by the 7th seed...again. That's two years running.
I think we need to hope that Fehr can turn into a productive 3rd liner at this point. Maybe if he stays healthy a 3rd line 2nd line fill in for injuries next year. I really hope he can start to produce. I think if we are going to make a push for the playoffs we are going to need an actual 3rd line that contributes every once in a while.

Yeah, not quite expecting Crosby numbers , but he's got 1 assist in 9 games. Granted his ice time has been low, and he needs to get into game shape. But he's also making 2.2 million. That's close to Little's salary, and more than Stapleton, Wellwood, and Glass combined. My expectations were that a healthy Fehr (playing an entire season) could be somewhere between a 15 and 20 goal scorer on our 3rd / 2nd line. If he can get healthy and in game shape, and have a good second half, I would love to see him get to the 10 goal mark.

You know how work is this time of year. The last day or so before the holidays are a little slow.

I don't know what was better football wise, the fact that I made it into the final, or the fact that I beat you know who in the semi's by such a large margin. Total luck and all my guys had career days, but man, I have not heard from him this week!

Old
12-22-2011, 10:59 AM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I can confirm from the man himself that Pavelec is starting tonight.
I asked him last night at the signing and that's what he told me too...

edit: he also asked me if I was going to be at the game. I happily said YES!

I do NOT have a drum. sorry.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Jetsfan1991

@ Huffer...

Nice avatar!!!

Old
12-22-2011, 11:09 AM
teucer

Fehr has a few issues to work out with his shoulder and soon as that happens he can focus on his game and build confidence. I think it will take the rest of the season to get in game shape for him and we'll have to re-sign him because he has potential.

I think if any guys are on the team that seem like they are in a funk we should cheer for them. I noticed when we cheered for Wheeler he has been playing great and is starting to play with more bite. Lets build confidence in these guys that are in their funk. I know I can't be there to help, but I'm always cheering and boo'ing the same as if I were at the game.

I would like to see Mittens get a beauty goal tonight. Oh and for the jets to win too.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

I've also noticed people starting to get frustrated with Burmistrov.

Remember at one point of the season he was one of the few reasons this team generated any offense at all. He will return to form.

The Habs are a team we MUST beat if we want to make the playoffs. If you score a couple on them early you could really crush their will to compete considering they played in CHI last night.

12-22-2011, 11:20 AM
MadMen88

Let's contribute to the Habs struggles. They broke our hearts during game one of our storied season, it's payback time. The Winnipeg Jets look to hand the Montreal Canadiens their fifth loss in as many when they host the struggling club at the MTS Center tonight and with the Habs sitting two points behind the Jets in the standings, the Winnipeg club now needs these wins more than ever.

Tonight's game could either be a major setback to a club that has been seemingly gaining momentum, or a real showcase for how far they've really come since the start of the season.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsfan1991 View Post
@ Huffer...

Nice avatar!!!
Thanks. I can't take credit for it though. There is/was an avatar thread at some point where some of our more talented individuals were taking requests and making really nice avatars.

I think Hammer Slammer made mine.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:22 AM
thed00d

Sure people are frustrated with Burmi, but when he's playing with the likes of Fehr and Thorburn, you can't exactly expect big things from him.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post

Remember at one point of the season he was one of the few reasons this team generated any offense at all. He will return to form.

The Habs are a team we MUST beat if we want to make the playoffs. If you score a couple on them early you could really crush their will to compete considering they played in CHI last night.
I'm certainly not frustrated with him, but if he's going to be on the first line, we can only expect so much from him in his 2nd season. I still think he'd be most useful on Antro's line.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
teucer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thed00d View Post
Sure people are frustrated with Burmi, but when he's playing with the likes of Fehr and Thorburn, you can't exactly expect big things from him.
Fehr has a reason for playing the way he is. Thorburn does not. But he is what he is.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle View Post
I asked him last night at the signing and that's what he told me too...

edit: he also asked me if I was going to be at the game. I happily said YES!

I do NOT have a drum. sorry.
Pavs starting is a mistake IMO.

His confidence was a bit shaken from the goals he let in during the shootout. He was undressed faster than a hot chick in heat.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post

His confidence was a bit shaken from the goals he let in during the shootout. He was undressed faster than a hot chick in heat.
Why would his confidence be shaken after making maybe 10 very good to great saves during the game? His confidence would perhaps be shaken if his coach didn't have enough faith in him to start him in the very next game.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:

What about his dominating performance in the first 65 minutes of the game? He just forgot about that?

Old
12-22-2011, 11:49 AM
MadMen88

Of course Pavelec is starting tonight. Who else would start tonight? Here's to hoping the boys in Ottawa can pick up a win too.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:

Burmi's been moved around and injured...I'm not getting frustrated yet. Heck, he had a pretty sweet goal the other night against Anaheim. More wicked wristers, please!

The Habs were right in that one with Chicago in the 2nd period, then they let in two goals in 21 seconds and the wheels came off. Hopefully they're out of gas tonight.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:15 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:

Yeah, this is a bit of a head-scratcher. Pavs does not have a confidence issue right now.

Met quite a few people from our surrounding sections last night at the Pavelec autograph session. I really love the sections that go from 328 - 303 or so. Our corner is really loud!

Old
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I'm certainly not frustrated with him, but if he's going to be on the first line, we can only expect so much from him in his 2nd season. I still think he'd be most useful on Antro's line.
I really think they should put him back with Antropov, at least till he gets his mojo back.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

He also got robbed the last game.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Jets game day post-practice audio

Ondrej Pavelec - What he is expecting from Montreal. Watched highlights from Montreal/Chicago. Importance of quick start. Missed opportunities/closing out games. Keys to being successful. Having success against Montreal.

Chris Mason - Transitioning to the new goalie pads. What stands out for him about the new gear. Using team logo on pads. When was it conceptualized?

Nik Antropov - Talking about Montreal. Importance of 2 points and a good start. How he is feeling. Comfort at home. Doesn't feel that back-to-back will be to Jets benefit (clearly he didn't read the article written by IC's Michael Remis on that topic, Jets are 4-0 when facing a team coming off a game the previous night at the MTS Centre).

Andrew Ladd - Being ready to start the game. Team accountability. Playing with Antropov & Wellwood. Road vs. Home play for the Jets. Travel impact.

Aleander Burmistrov - Thoughts on playing on the top line. Comfort playing with Kane and Wheeler. Importance of increased ice time. Did he pick spot on Ellis in the Ducks game? Expectations on the Canadiens.

Click here to listen.

We have Montreal audio from P.K. Subban, Michael Cammalleri, Travis Moen and coach Cunneyworth (up in about an hour).

Last edited by ICdave: 12-22-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old
12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I hope Pavelec addressed the team in some sort of way on the turnovers and such we were displaying, he was talking about it in the post-game and he seemed pretty ticked off.

I want to see how this team responds. They still have a grand opportunity here to close out the month and be in a good place headed into the New Year.

This game is huge, because as of right now we sit at 35 points and Montreal is next in line behind us at 33 points. However, Montreal has played 2 MORE games than us. To go up 4 points with 2 games in hand would be nice. We must take advantage of this opportunity and then keep the foot on the gas. A win tonight would also put us 7 points up on Tampa Bay, though since they do not play tonight we will have played 1 more game. Still, that's a nice gap to have.

Some big opportunities are presenting themselves and we must do what it takes to make the most of those opportunities.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff

Last edited by Guerzy: 12-22-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old
12-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I hope Pavelec addressed the team in some sort of way on the turnovers and such we were displaying, he was talking about it in the post-game and he seemed pretty ticked off.

I want to see how this team responds. They still have a grand opportunity here to close out the month and be in a good place headed into the New Year.
Seems to me the last time a Winnipeg goalie called the team out we started playing much better (Mason). Hopefully we will see some instant refocus and added passion tonight.

With what has been going on with the Habs lately this should be a hum dinger of a game. We need to score first IMHO

Old
12-22-2011, 12:30 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
I really think they should put him back with Antropov, at least till he gets his mojo back.
I agree. I think it's time they get back together. These two think the game in a very similar way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post

I hope he did say something. You know this is his 3rd year in this locker room and I always got the impression that he was a little reserved and patient. But I could see him being a little more vocal after being behind a pretty bad defense for a few years. This has probably been the best the defense has played in front of him since he's been in the NHL, but at times has still be ugly.

Old
12-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
What about his dominating performance in the first 65 minutes of the game? He just forgot about that?
Um yeah, real dominating there. Give him the Vezna already.

If he is so great, he should have stopped those shootout goals, instead he sucked.

That's right, the Nuge here is backing up the bus - ready for Pavs to have his butt thrown under it!

Old
12-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Um yeah, real dominating there. Give him the Vezna already.

If he is so great, he should have stopped those shootout goals, instead he sucked.

That's right, the Nuge here is backing up the bus - ready for Pavs to have his butt thrown under it!
what?

Are you The Nuge?.. I'm having trouble deciphering the tone of this post.

Anyways, GST needs to be back together, and possibly a re-tooling of the d corps.

We'll score 6 goals in a 6-1 victory anyways, but it'll look nicer if our lines are re-structured.

Closed Thread