HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prudential Center still moving up the charts

Old
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Cowbell232

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
AEG is gone. The Devils self-promote now.

As for Springsteen, he's always played the NJSEA buildings. I doubt that's going to change as there's probably a reason for it.
Yeah, technically AEG just isn't doing the area management/PR side anymore. But I don't exactly see LiveNation acts flocking to the PruCenter...

Old
12-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv4Life View Post
Convenient for you and Bergenites maybe. Not for the rest of the state. There's this thing called mass transit.
Yeah you're right. I thought they opened up a train going into the Meadowlands when the new stadium opened up though?

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah you're right. I thought they opened up a train going into the Meadowlands when the new stadium opened up though?
The only way to get there is from Seacacus. Most train lines run through Newark.

For me to get from my local train to Meadowlands... RV Line -> Newark -> Seacacus -> Meadowlands.

To get to the Rock? RV Line -> Newark.

Way, way, way better.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Quote:
For large events at the stadium. Not for Izod stuff.

Marv4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's easy to get to, but McCarter highway is a complete mess after the game, and parking is ridiculous. The benefit is the train let's you off 5 minutes away via walk.

CAA was nice because it was literally right off the turnpike. The only problem I had, albeit I didn't have my license yet, was the funnel process of getting out of the parking lot.
I stay off of Route 21 after games and take other routes, making my commute home easy, quick and painfree.
There are so many parking options too, never had an issue to park and won't pay over $15 and even find free spots from time to time.
Having the option to take the train is also a huge benefit, especially in inclement weather.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:00 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
callback jokes are the best

Oh my god, that's hilarious.

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:04 PM
guyincognito

What's ridiculous about the parking, other than the price? lol, if anything there's too much.

As for 21, people do know you can drive around 21 in Newark, right, and get back on when it becomes a freeway...

guyincognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:38 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Several people have explained to me what Xanadu was/is intended to be. I still don't understand.

Xanadu represents the zenith of New Jersey political corruption between:

1) Govenor Jim McGreevey and his hoards of patronage
2) The State Democrat Party of New Jersey
3) Unions
4) Mafia (okay, this one cant be proven, but it's almost 100% likely to be true)

Mark my word, there will one day be Federal subpoenas handed out over Xanadu, it's just that sometimes these things take 10 years of so. Once a few of the key people doing the "protecting" die off, turn on one another after getting ensnarled in some other form of corruption, or retire, it could get ugly.

There'll be lots of "shredded documents" and "missing paperwork", yada, yada, yada. It will read like a John Grisham novel. At the end of the day, HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of money from New Jersey residents paychecks was stolen, and that's all you need to understand.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

This can't possibly be bad news, right?

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:41 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Only thing I miss about Caa besides the goal horn: the cattle crossing hahaha.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

The only thing I miss about Meadowlands is the goal horn. That building somehow seemed more dated in 2007 then the Boston Garden did when it closed, and it was like 70 years old. I know it had indoor plumbing unlike the Garden, and was climate controlled, but still.

Believe it or not though it actually makes Nassau look pretty bad though or should I say Nassau makes the Meadowlands look nice. I'm sure those of you who've been to the Coliseum recently would agree. I LOVE going to games at the Coliseum though. If you can get through the NYC traffic over the GW, and Throgs Neck, and LIE it's pretty convenient. It just feels like watching a game there in the 80s. Minus the Championship Caliber team.

Old
12-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
The only thing I miss about Meadowlands is the goal horn. That building somehow seemed more dated in 2007 then the Boston Garden did when it closed, and it was like 70 years old. I know it had indoor plumbing unlike the Garden, and was climate controlled, but still.

Believe it or not though it actually makes Nassau look pretty bad though or should I say Nassau makes the Meadowlands look nice. I'm sure those of you who've been to the Coliseum recently would agree. I LOVE going to games at the Coliseum though. If you can get through the NYC traffic over the GW, and Throgs Neck, and LIE it's pretty convenient. It just feels like watching a game there in the 80s. Minus the Championship Caliber team.
The Devils have two weekend games in Long Island in March.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
The Devils have two weekend games in Long Island in March.
I know, but living in Florida now I can't attend them! I am flying in tomorrow, and will be seeing the Devils and Caps, and the game vs Pittsburgh on New Years Eve before having to board a plane back to Tampa later that night. Luckily I did catch the game on the Island Thanksgiving Friday! As well as the one the Saturday after at home. The one on the Island was better!

I've been pretty thankful I've gotten to see so many games living so far. Saw both games 40 minutes from my house in Tampa, and both games against the Panthers, and it was worth the 4 hour drive one way!

It's good since I think I attended every regular season home game at Prudential, and playoff game as well up until this season as well as a couple on the Island a year, and one a year at MSG.

I have put in for time in April, and I am anticipating a playoff run! It would be awesome to see a playoff series at home in Florida too!