HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Part XX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
  #201
Ice-Tray
Registered User
 
Ice-Tray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
We're 28th in shots against per game and only 11th in shots for per game. I think adding Volch helps balance those numbers out.
I disagree, we're young and mobile. As the rookies get better and the team as a whole gets better at playing the system our D will improve. Volchenkov's playing style doesn't fit the style of play that has been set up here.

All sentiment aside, there is no way he comes here, and nor should he. We'll draft a good defender this year, hopefully someone who is aggressive, a good defender, fast, can pass, and bonus can shoot!

(I know, I know, that sounds like a top pick right...)

Ice-Tray is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
  #202
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
I disagree, we're young and mobile. As the rookies get better and the team as a whole gets better at playing the system our D will improve. Volchenkov's playing style doesn't fit the style of play that has been set up here.

All sentiment aside, there is no way he comes here, and nor should he. We'll draft a good defender this year, hopefully someone who is aggressive, a good defender, fast, can pass, and bonus can shoot!

(I know, I know, that sounds like a top pick right...)
I dont agree Volch is mobile defensman and know to clean the place in thefront ofthe net what is your problem. He isnt slow. He hasnt blocked in Devils because Brodeur dont like it but this is a thing what makes him great. Volch with Karlsson and Eric can concentrate on his offensive.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
  #203
HSF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,658
vCash: 500
Volch wouldnt help to much we want to play puck possiession hockey and Voclh isnt that so giving him big mins wont work with the system.


I think cutting down on penalties will be a great improvement for shots against

HSF is online now  
Old
12-29-2011, 05:24 PM
  #204
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 500
Eklund posted the coyotes and the sens are talking.....Does he count hindsight as one of his sources?

Qward is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
  #205
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,305
vCash: 500
IMO Wolski is the guy Murray should be targeting, he could probably be had for Kuba whose salary is very close. If he could return to his Colorado form would be another scoring forward for this team. It's likely Filatov won't return to Ottawa & with Regin's injury history Ottawa could use another big scoring LWer. Of course, he would be a risk as was Filatov & Turris but IMO a risk worth taking with potential who is in his contract yr.

aragorn is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
  #206
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
IMO Wolski is the guy Murray should be targeting, he could probably be had for Kuba whose salary is very close. If he could return to his Colorado form would be another scoring forward for this team. It's likely Filatov won't return to Ottawa & with Regin's injury history Ottawa could use another big scoring LWer. Of course, he would be a risk as was Filatov & Turris but IMO a risk worth taking with potential who is in his contract yr.
I would have done this before this season, but Wolski has been absolutely garbage.

When Wolski hit Alfie, NYR fans were upset he WASN'T suspended.

Besides, we have enough top 6 talent right now IMO. We shouldn't be gearing up for a playoff run (yet at least), we should be developing.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
  #207
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
I would have done this before this season, but Wolski has been absolutely garbage.

When Wolski hit Alfie, NYR fans were upset he WASN'T suspended.

Besides, we have enough top 6 talent right now IMO. We shouldn't be gearing up for a playoff run (yet at least), we should be developing.
Before the season started he would have been too expensive to trade for & NY would have demanded too much. It seems people always want to trade for a guy when he is playing great which will either cost way too much or the team won't want to trade him. I think Wolski is relatively cheap right now & him hitting Alfie should not even be in the discussion, it's irrelevent.

If we had enough top 6 talent we would be higher in the standings, this team could always use better players & at 25 yrs old Wolski would still be part of the rebuild. Obviously this guy is a risk but if NY would take kuba it's a trade that could help both teams since Kuba will not likely be re-signed in Ottawa.

aragorn is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
  #208
Gesus
Registered User
 
Gesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Whitehorse, Y.T.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 500
I had Wolski in my pool last year, and for some dumb ****in reason I took him with my last pick this year too. After paying close attention to him the past year and the few games he's played this year, I want NOTHING to do with him again. Such a lazy ****, he's like a lazier much less skilled Kovalev. No drive in his game whatsoever, it's no wonder he keeps getting traded.

Gesus is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
  #209
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
With Pumps and Noeson signed and Mika and Silfverberg coming plus this years 1st rd in the fold ...

What about Erik Gudbranson for Mark Stone

Murray always likes hometown guys and 6'4 205 pound dmen

Tallon gets what he see's in Huberdeau Stone combo

Cowen 6'5 220 Gudbranson 6'4 205 Shutdown pair

Nizzy is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
  #210
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
With Pumps and Noeson signed and Mika and Silfverberg coming plus this years 1st rd in the fold ...

What about Erik Gudbranson for Mark Stone

Murray always likes hometown guys and 6'4 205 pound dmen

Tallon gets what he see's in Huberdeau Stone combo

Cowen 6'5 220 Gudbranson 6'4 205 Shutdown pair
Stone won't return a guy that went 3rd overall in his same draft who is playing in the NHL right now at the age of 19.
Stone is also signed, every player we draft will not automatically play for our team. Some people are penciling in Stone, Pageau and many other picks, which is a bit premature.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
  #211
SensSharksGirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Try this:

To Sharks:

Kaspars Daugavins
Brian Lee

To Senators:
Martin Havlat
Douglas Murrary

SensSharksGirl* is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
  #212
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Before the season started he would have been too expensive to trade for & NY would have demanded too much. It seems people always want to trade for a guy when he is playing great which will either cost way too much or the team won't want to trade him. I think Wolski is relatively cheap right now & him hitting Alfie should not even be in the discussion, it's irrelevent.

If we had enough top 6 talent we would be higher in the standings, this team could always use better players & at 25 yrs old Wolski would still be part of the rebuild. Obviously this guy is a risk but if NY would take kuba it's a trade that could help both teams since Kuba will not likely be re-signed in Ottawa.
You missinterpreted what I was saying. NYR fans would prefer Wolski to sit than be played. (I wasn't saying we shouldn't acquire him because he Alfie)

Also, Ottawa is top 8 in league in goals for. Our problem at this junction isn't putting pucks in the net, it's keeping them out.

While I am always in support of buying low, I don't think Wolski will help this team win. And in all honesty, I would rather commit to the rebuild and trade Kuba at the deadline for a pick, than trying to beef up our offense down the stretch.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 07:35 PM
  #213
Madskillz65
Registered User
 
Madskillz65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
Try this:

To Sharks:

Kaspars Daugavins
Brian Lee

To Senators:
Martin Havlat
Douglas Murrary
Can't tell is srs

Madskillz65 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
  #214
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madskillz65 View Post
Can't tell is srs
She's serious.

benjiv1 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
  #215
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
Try this:

To Sharks:

Kaspars Daugavins
Brian Lee

To Senators:
Martin Havlat
Douglas Murrary
Havlat is a 1st line talent. Daugavins is a 3rd liner.
Murray is a top-4 guy on a Contender. Lee is a bottom-pairing guy on a Contender.

Why would San Jose ever want to do this?

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
  #216
SensSharksGirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Havlat is a 1st line talent. Daugavins is a 3rd liner.
Murray is a top-4 guy on a Contender. Lee is a bottom-pairing guy on a Contender.

Why would San Jose ever want to do this?
Particularly, it is because they want a scorer to show consistency and power. Of course, with the addition of Douglas Murrary it would mean that he will stop anything from opponents who take a shot.

SensSharksGirl* is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:07 PM
  #217
SensSharksGirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Havlat is a 1st line talent. Daugavins is a 3rd liner.
Murray is a top-4 guy on a Contender. Lee is a bottom-pairing guy on a Contender.

Why would San Jose ever want to do this?
Look at this way, more depth on the forward line, more consistency on the defence line.

SensSharksGirl* is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:11 PM
  #218
Madskillz65
Registered User
 
Madskillz65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,169
vCash: 500
What

Madskillz65 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:29 PM
  #219
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
Look at this way, more depth on the forward line, more consistency on the defence line.
So his question was why would San Jose ever do this trade. Not why would we do it, because we would be stupid not to.

Havlat (1st line winger) & Murray (top 4 d-man) for K-Daug (3rd/4th line winger) & Lee (bottom 6 d-man)

Unless we're giving up our first round pick for the next couple years, this trade makes no sense from San Jose's point of view.

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
  #220
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Havlat is a 1st line talent. Daugavins is a 3rd liner.
Murray is a top-4 guy on a Contender. Lee is a bottom-pairing guy on a Contender.

Why would San Jose ever want to do this?
This, plus Sharks traded Heatley for him and if they traded Havlat,they would more for him.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
  #221
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,787
vCash: 500
To play Devil's Advocate, SensSharksGal, if I was San Jose and received that offer, I'd reply with a counteroffer of:

To Ottawa:
Torrey Mitchell
Jason Desmers

To San Jose:
Milan Michalek
Filip Kuba

Would you do this deal from a Sens perspective? No. That's because a trade needs to make sense for both teams. San Jose's not going to do a trade if they don't benefit from it.

CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
  #222
SensSharksGirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
To play Devil's Advocate, SensSharksGal, if I was San Jose and received that offer, I'd reply with a counteroffer of:

To Ottawa:
Torrey Mitchell
Jason Desmers

To San Jose:
Milan Michalek
Filip Kuba

Would you do this deal from a Sens perspective? No. That's because a trade needs to make sense for both teams. San Jose's not going to do a trade if they don't benefit from it.
Milan Michalek back to San Jose? No thank you! Leave that hot tamale scorer alone. Although, sending Kuba to the Sharks ain't that bad.

SensSharksGirl* is offline  
Old
12-30-2011, 03:25 AM
  #223
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!
 
ShutDownDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
San Jose would never do that and we're overflowing with Top 6 talent right now.

Let San Jose keep him. The only thing I'd trade for is a top 4 D once Kuba is traded out for or get one off of UFA.

The one D I want is Mark Flood from the Jets.

Well Minnesota did fleece the hell out of the Sharks with Burns though, two first rounders and a Top 6 forward for a 2nd rounder and is on pace for a 1/3 of the points compared to last year, not to mention Heatley for Havlat, and a first round bust for a 3rd round pick

ShutDownDefense is offline  
Old
12-30-2011, 08:11 AM
  #224
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,233
vCash: 500
The only thing I want from the Jets is Evander Kane. If there were a way to get that kid good lord it would be amazing to have him.

Imagine a line of Kane, Foligno and Zibanejad in the future? Enough truculence to make Brian Burke red with jealousy.

Cujomi is offline  
Old
12-30-2011, 08:52 AM
  #225
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
So his question was why would San Jose ever do this trade. Not why would we do it, because we would be stupid not to.

Havlat (1st line winger) & Murray (top 4 d-man) for K-Daug (3rd/4th line winger) & Lee (bottom 6 d-man)

Unless we're giving up our first round pick for the next couple years, this trade makes no sense from San Jose's point of view.
If they don't go far in the play offs i could see major changes for San Jose.

wjhl2009fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.