HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Part XX

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Ice-Tray

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
We're 28th in shots against per game and only 11th in shots for per game. I think adding Volch helps balance those numbers out.
I disagree, we're young and mobile. As the rookies get better and the team as a whole gets better at playing the system our D will improve. Volchenkov's playing style doesn't fit the style of play that has been set up here.

All sentiment aside, there is no way he comes here, and nor should he. We'll draft a good defender this year, hopefully someone who is aggressive, a good defender, fast, can pass, and bonus can shoot!

(I know, I know, that sounds like a top pick right...)

Old
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
I disagree, we're young and mobile. As the rookies get better and the team as a whole gets better at playing the system our D will improve. Volchenkov's playing style doesn't fit the style of play that has been set up here.

All sentiment aside, there is no way he comes here, and nor should he. We'll draft a good defender this year, hopefully someone who is aggressive, a good defender, fast, can pass, and bonus can shoot!

(I know, I know, that sounds like a top pick right...)
I dont agree Volch is mobile defensman and know to clean the place in thefront ofthe net what is your problem. He isnt slow. He hasnt blocked in Devils because Brodeur dont like it but this is a thing what makes him great. Volch with Karlsson and Eric can concentrate on his offensive.

Old
12-29-2011, 03:54 PM
HSF

Volch wouldnt help to much we want to play puck possiession hockey and Voclh isnt that so giving him big mins wont work with the system.

I think cutting down on penalties will be a great improvement for shots against

Old
12-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Eklund posted the coyotes and the sens are talking.....Does he count hindsight as one of his sources?

Old
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

IMO Wolski is the guy Murray should be targeting, he could probably be had for Kuba whose salary is very close. If he could return to his Colorado form would be another scoring forward for this team. It's likely Filatov won't return to Ottawa & with Regin's injury history Ottawa could use another big scoring LWer. Of course, he would be a risk as was Filatov & Turris but IMO a risk worth taking with potential who is in his contract yr.

Old
12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
IMO Wolski is the guy Murray should be targeting, he could probably be had for Kuba whose salary is very close. If he could return to his Colorado form would be another scoring forward for this team. It's likely Filatov won't return to Ottawa & with Regin's injury history Ottawa could use another big scoring LWer. Of course, he would be a risk as was Filatov & Turris but IMO a risk worth taking with potential who is in his contract yr.
I would have done this before this season, but Wolski has been absolutely garbage.

When Wolski hit Alfie, NYR fans were upset he WASN'T suspended.

Besides, we have enough top 6 talent right now IMO. We shouldn't be gearing up for a playoff run (yet at least), we should be developing.

Old
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
I would have done this before this season, but Wolski has been absolutely garbage.

When Wolski hit Alfie, NYR fans were upset he WASN'T suspended.

Besides, we have enough top 6 talent right now IMO. We shouldn't be gearing up for a playoff run (yet at least), we should be developing.
Before the season started he would have been too expensive to trade for & NY would have demanded too much. It seems people always want to trade for a guy when he is playing great which will either cost way too much or the team won't want to trade him. I think Wolski is relatively cheap right now & him hitting Alfie should not even be in the discussion, it's irrelevent.

If we had enough top 6 talent we would be higher in the standings, this team could always use better players & at 25 yrs old Wolski would still be part of the rebuild. Obviously this guy is a risk but if NY would take kuba it's a trade that could help both teams since Kuba will not likely be re-signed in Ottawa.

Old
12-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Gesus

I had Wolski in my pool last year, and for some dumb ****in reason I took him with my last pick this year too. After paying close attention to him the past year and the few games he's played this year, I want NOTHING to do with him again. Such a lazy ****, he's like a lazier much less skilled Kovalev. No drive in his game whatsoever, it's no wonder he keeps getting traded.

Old
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Nizzy

With Pumps and Noeson signed and Mika and Silfverberg coming plus this years 1st rd in the fold ...

What about Erik Gudbranson for Mark Stone

Murray always likes hometown guys and 6'4 205 pound dmen

Tallon gets what he see's in Huberdeau Stone combo

Cowen 6'5 220 Gudbranson 6'4 205 Shutdown pair

Old
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
With Pumps and Noeson signed and Mika and Silfverberg coming plus this years 1st rd in the fold ...

What about Erik Gudbranson for Mark Stone

Murray always likes hometown guys and 6'4 205 pound dmen

Tallon gets what he see's in Huberdeau Stone combo

Cowen 6'5 220 Gudbranson 6'4 205 Shutdown pair
Stone won't return a guy that went 3rd overall in his same draft who is playing in the NHL right now at the age of 19.
Stone is also signed, every player we draft will not automatically play for our team. Some people are penciling in Stone, Pageau and many other picks, which is a bit premature.

Old
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
SensSharksGirl*

Try this:

To Sharks:

Kaspars Daugavins
Brian Lee

To Senators:
Martin Havlat
Douglas Murrary

Old
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Before the season started he would have been too expensive to trade for & NY would have demanded too much. It seems people always want to trade for a guy when he is playing great which will either cost way too much or the team won't want to trade him. I think Wolski is relatively cheap right now & him hitting Alfie should not even be in the discussion, it's irrelevent.

If we had enough top 6 talent we would be higher in the standings, this team could always use better players & at 25 yrs old Wolski would still be part of the rebuild. Obviously this guy is a risk but if NY would take kuba it's a trade that could help both teams since Kuba will not likely be re-signed in Ottawa.
You missinterpreted what I was saying. NYR fans would prefer Wolski to sit than be played. (I wasn't saying we shouldn't acquire him because he Alfie)

Also, Ottawa is top 8 in league in goals for. Our problem at this junction isn't putting pucks in the net, it's keeping them out.

While I am always in support of buying low, I don't think Wolski will help this team win. And in all honesty, I would rather commit to the rebuild and trade Kuba at the deadline for a pick, than trying to beef up our offense down the stretch.

Old
12-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Madskillz65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensSharksGirl View Post
Try this:

To Sharks:

Kaspars Daugavins
Brian Lee

To Senators:
Martin Havlat
Douglas Murrary
Can't tell is srs

Old
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madskillz65 View Post
Can't tell is srs
She's serious.

Old
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Try this:

To Sharks:

Kaspars Daugavins
Brian Lee

To Senators:
Martin Havlat
Douglas Murrary
Havlat is a 1st line talent. Daugavins is a 3rd liner.
Murray is a top-4 guy on a Contender. Lee is a bottom-pairing guy on a Contender.

Why would San Jose ever want to do this?

12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
SensSharksGirl*

Quote:
Murray is a top-4 guy on a Contender. Lee is a bottom-pairing guy on a Contender.

Particularly, it is because they want a scorer to show consistency and power. Of course, with the addition of Douglas Murrary it would mean that he will stop anything from opponents who take a shot.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:07 PM
SensSharksGirl*

Quote:

Look at this way, more depth on the forward line, more consistency on the defence line.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Madskillz65

What

Old
12-29-2011, 08:29 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Look at this way, more depth on the forward line, more consistency on the defence line.
So his question was why would San Jose ever do this trade. Not why would we do it, because we would be stupid not to.

Havlat (1st line winger) & Murray (top 4 d-man) for K-Daug (3rd/4th line winger) & Lee (bottom 6 d-man)

Unless we're giving up our first round pick for the next couple years, this trade makes no sense from San Jose's point of view.

12-29-2011, 08:30 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

This, plus Sharks traded Heatley for him and if they traded Havlat,they would more for him.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:46 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

To play Devil's Advocate, SensSharksGal, if I was San Jose and received that offer, I'd reply with a counteroffer of:

To Ottawa:
Torrey Mitchell
Jason Desmers

To San Jose:
Milan Michalek
Filip Kuba

Would you do this deal from a Sens perspective? No. That's because a trade needs to make sense for both teams. San Jose's not going to do a trade if they don't benefit from it.

Old
12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
SensSharksGirl*

Quote:
To play Devil's Advocate, SensSharksGal, if I was San Jose and received that offer, I'd reply with a counteroffer of:

To Ottawa:
Torrey Mitchell
Jason Desmers

To San Jose:
Milan Michalek
Filip Kuba

Would you do this deal from a Sens perspective? No. That's because a trade needs to make sense for both teams. San Jose's not going to do a trade if they don't benefit from it.
Milan Michalek back to San Jose? No thank you! Leave that hot tamale scorer alone. Although, sending Kuba to the Sharks ain't that bad.

Old
12-30-2011, 03:25 AM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

San Jose would never do that and we're overflowing with Top 6 talent right now.

Let San Jose keep him. The only thing I'd trade for is a top 4 D once Kuba is traded out for or get one off of UFA.

The one D I want is Mark Flood from the Jets.

Well Minnesota did fleece the hell out of the Sharks with Burns though, two first rounders and a Top 6 forward for a 2nd rounder and is on pace for a 1/3 of the points compared to last year, not to mention Heatley for Havlat, and a first round bust for a 3rd round pick

Old
12-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

The only thing I want from the Jets is Evander Kane. If there were a way to get that kid good lord it would be amazing to have him.

Imagine a line of Kane, Foligno and Zibanejad in the future? Enough truculence to make Brian Burke red with jealousy.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:52 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
So his question was why would San Jose ever do this trade. Not why would we do it, because we would be stupid not to.

Havlat (1st line winger) & Murray (top 4 d-man) for K-Daug (3rd/4th line winger) & Lee (bottom 6 d-man)

Unless we're giving up our first round pick for the next couple years, this trade makes no sense from San Jose's point of view.
If they don't go far in the play offs i could see major changes for San Jose.

Closed Thread