HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/22/11 "Holiday Road" - Panthers VS Senators

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Deflating loss tonight...

I can't wait for the day Clemmensen doesn't play goal here anymore...

I didn't think it was deflating at all.

Considering the circumstances, I like the point. Especially since we didn't even blow a lead. We got the point by coming back 3x.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:34 PM
pantherbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
That was a perfect shot, right off the inside of the post. You act as if he goalies never give up goals and only clemmer does. Guess what, most if not all starters don't stop that. The fact that he was screened and it was a perfect yet you expect him to make the save proves how unreasonable you are. The turnover behind the net is speculation. Do you know if Garrison said leave it and didn't see NEil? Do you? The OT goal was a lucky bounce for Ottawa. It was a pass that went in.
no watch the play again. it clearly looked like clem was going to backhand the puck but lost it and turned it over. so yes it was his fault. the karlson goal was a good shot but it wouldn't happen if clemm didn't turn it over.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:35 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
That was a perfect shot, right off the inside of the post. You act as if he goalies never give up goals and only clemmer does. Guess what, most if not all starters don't stop that. The fact that he was screened and it was a perfect yet you expect him to make the save proves how unreasonable you are. The turnover behind the net is speculation. Do you know if Garrison said leave it and didn't see NEil? Do you? The OT goal was a lucky bounce for Ottawa. It was a pass that went in.
No I act as if he never makes the huge save. I am not saying those are shots every goalie stops every night. What I am saying is he almost never makes the huge save the Panthers had 7 forwards out tonight and still outshot the Sens 35 to 26. They needed a huge game out of their goalie tonight and didn't get it. In the Buffalo game they gave up two break aways he gives up two goals. The one other game where they went to the shootout he doesn't stop anything. All I am asking is don't turn the puck over behind your own net stay in your goal and let your dmen do their job. You sit there saying how do we know it was his fault. He left the net to play the puck he turned it over its his fault he should have never left his net in the first place.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

Considering the circumstances, I like the point. Especially since we didn't even blow a lead. We got the point by coming back 3x.
That, and the fact they finally scored more than 2 goals.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post

Yeah yeah... I know... And I agree, great point !

It's Clemmer that's deflating though !!

Old
12-22-2011, 10:42 PM
gizmo12688
OTL To The Playoffs

With Weiss out, Matthias deserves to center the first line.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:47 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post

he was the best player in a panther uniform tonight imo.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:49 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

Quote:
Perfect.
Well the run was fun while it lasted. We're the Panthers, things like these are naturally going to happen. The stampede of injury every year is a normal cycle around here.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:54 PM
dh2824

tallon will make some moves soon hopefully.

Old
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh2824 View Post
tallon will make some moves soon hopefully.

How?? Anything that we can possibly be able to trade that has some value is injure. And I certainly don't want him to tap into our top prospect pool just to just for a patch

Last edited by catEye: 12-22-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old
12-22-2011, 11:02 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
There couldn't be a better time for Xmas vacation to come. Our guys need a rest. These injuries are starting to get ridiculous. I have a feeling Weiss actually got hurt a few games ago when he blocked that shot.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Erick

Guys aren't out for the year. They'll comeback.

We just need to get points. Strong goaltending, character, will. It's going to be extremely difficult without Weiss for an extended period of time (if that's the case), but we're gonna have to deal with it. The good start certainly helps. It enables us to go on a mini-slump and still be in the competition.

Theodore will be tested tomorrow, no doubt.

Old
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
catEye
Oh No! We suck again

Its time for a Mathias promotion. Lets see what he can do now. Do we have any decent prospect with some Offensive skills to call up at all or does it always have to be 3rd/4th liner??

Last edited by catEye: 12-22-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old
12-23-2011, 12:11 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I fast forwarded a bit through the game, since I watched it later, and while we still tied the game to get the point, the Weiss injury put me in a crap mood. We can deal with losing some guys, but a blow to the top line, or one of our top Dmen would be devastating! We simply cannot catch a break! We just need to be glad that this team started off the season the way they did, because even with these injuries, we are points ahead of the teams outside of the playoffs. Hopefully we can get some points while these players are out.

Oh, and Weiss is out for the game against the Bruins.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:13 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Dineen just said Weiss is going to have some time off.

Well he wont play against the Bruins, and the next game after is Tuesday, so I would think he has some time off. I would send him home immediately, not even travel to Boston, and let him rest and rehab.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:17 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Well he wont play against the Bruins, and the next game after is Tuesday, so I would think he has some time off. I would send him home immediately, not even travel to Boston, and let him rest and rehab.
The problem is a lot of these injuries are not a couple of days to rest. A majority are weeks and months.

Ill tell u what if the panthers can hang in and go .500 until feb when the majority of these players will be back-this team can go on a nice stretch run.

Id rather have injuries now than in march or april where the games are most crucial.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Erick

Lol Andy wrote on his twitter that he's gotta buy a new mask because Jason Garrison broke his tonight.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by catEye View Post
Well the run was fun while it lasted. We're the Panthers, things like these are naturally going to happen. The stampede of injury every year is a normal cycle around here.
Let all the crying begin!! Boo hoo,jeez give it a rest. Why can't people see the glass being half full instead of half empty. This is our "slump" so-to-speak and were still gaining points. Yes, we have injuries, much like other teams, but just like Dineen said we can't cry about it and no one is going to pitty us. There professionals, they are a great group with tons of character and they will make it out alive. These injuries will heal and the team will be healthy again. We aren't 6 points out of 8th, looking up at the standings with 5 NHL'ers on the entire team. We're on top looking down, gaining points and finding ways to win and I don't think Tallon trading for anyone is a smart move, it's almost premature. Let these players do their jobs. They can handle it. It won't come easy but it'll make the win that much better.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Now I know how you guys lost tonight. How long is Weiss out for?

Old
12-23-2011, 12:54 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by headup View Post
Funny thing to say about the Sens considering they've beat you twice this year

A buzzbeater and an ot against our goalie who admit tedly is no better than 2 cones.

I wouldnt boast.

but you won in OT so good on you.

Stay classy..

Old
12-23-2011, 01:03 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Exactly, if this went to a SO, we would lose anyway with Clemm in net.

Just got to hope that Weiss is ok and think about tomorrow.
Agree with all.

Positives:

Despite horrific goaltending we gained a point. Kudos to a team with no quit!!!

We move on knowing, despite slumping, we got our 6 points in 5 games...we are somehow collecting points.

Im going to stick with what Im on record from the beginning...To go deep, itll be with Markstrom and not Clemmer. Theo shouldn't play more than 60 reg season games, and I dont think clemmer can win enough the remainder. If we overplay theo, he wont have it in the tank for the playoffs.

Many disagree with me, I understand and respect that, but thats how I have consistently opined from day one.

Maybe theo pitches a shutout tommorow, and we shock TSN...

Last edited by adam graves: 12-23-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old
12-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
A buzzbeater and an ot against our goalie who admit tedly is no better than 2 cones.

I wouldnt boast.

but you won in OT so good on you.

Stay classy..
Not to mention against a team missing 7 regulars!

As someone who lives here I'll give you a little advice. No one takes Senator fans seriously, it's hard to when they are the third favorite NHL team in the city

Old
12-23-2011, 01:16 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
Not to mention against a team missing 7 regulars!

As someone who lives here I'll give you a little advice. No one takes Senator fans seriously, it's hard to when they are the third favorite NHL team in the city
Thank u, i really enjoy opposing fans who visit and exchange info and ideas; but if your just annoying and harassing its just sad.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:20 AM
flapanthersfan

few things:

clemmensen sucks. one of the first rules (i'm a goalie) of goaltending is to not overcommit, which he did on the first goal for no reason. the little floating wrist shot by karlsson was not a threat, he did not have to completely move to his right to stop that shot. what he did leaves you completely vulnerable to any type of rebound, or deflection, and obviously, the latter happened.

he obviously botched the alfredsson goal, and the karlsson goal should be stopped. he had enough time to try and find the puck through that screen.

other random stuff:

i really liked repik's play. not just because he scored, but he looks really fast and actually won alot of his battles along the boards and was great in transition.

dadonov, on the other hand, was completely invisible (and dads is one of my favorites, but boy has he stunk this year)

matthias is playing really well....

and lastly, i hate the ****ing senators and especially alfredsson. lol @ their fans booing after foligno's disgusting charge on ellerby.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:38 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Are people blaming Clemmensen on that goal? It was a horrible deflection while Clemmensen was sliding to cover the pass, which is what he should have been doing.
He had plenty of time and space to adjust to the deflection, he did not get the blade down to cover the 5 hole. It was a bad goal IMHO.

As was the first (way overplayed)

As was the 2nd ( no explanation necc.)

So yes many many people are blaming Clemmer. Some are not and thats what makes the world go round.

Closed Thread