HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/22/11 "Holiday Road" - Panthers VS Senators

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Agree with all.

Positives:

Despite horrific goaltending we gained a point. Kudos to a team with no quit!!!

We move on knowing, despite slumping, we got our 6 points in 5 games...we are somehow collecting points.

Im going to stick with what Im on record from the beginning...To go deep, itll be with Markstrom and not Clemmer. Theo shouldn't play more than 60 reg season games, and I dont think clemmer can win enough the remainder. If we overplay theo, he wont have it in the tank for the playoffs.

Many disagree with me, I understand and respect that, but thats how I have consistently opined from day one.

Maybe theo pitches a shutout tommorow, and we shock TSN...
THIS!

Clemmensen is horrible and we wont make the playoffs with him.. Maybe Tallon can trade him at the deadline. Unlikely though.

I love how we battle despite being 7 man short. But that needs to stop now otherwise we will get more an more into trouble.

If we can score more 3or 4 goals in games with theo we should be fine but Clemmensen needs at least 5...

Old
12-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
few things:

clemmensen sucks. one of the first rules (i'm a goalie) of goaltending is to not overcommit, which he did on the first goal for no reason. the little floating wrist shot by karlsson was not a threat, he did not have to completely move to his right to stop that shot. what he did leaves you completely vulnerable to any type of rebound, or deflection, and obviously, the latter happened.

he obviously botched the alfredsson goal, and the karlsson goal should be stopped. he had enough time to try and find the puck through that screen.

other random stuff:

i really liked repik's play. not just because he scored, but he looks really fast and actually won alot of his battles along the boards and was great in transition.

dadonov, on the other hand, was completely invisible (and dads is one of my favorites, but boy has he stunk this year)

matthias is playing really well....

and lastly, i hate the ****ing senators and especially alfredsson. lol @ their fans booing after foligno's disgusting charge on ellerby.
There's a snowball somewhere in hell, I just agreed with you.

12-23-2011, 04:21 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

What can we get for Clem? A 2nd?

Old
12-23-2011, 04:28 AM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
2nd + ?

Old
12-23-2011, 04:41 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
He had plenty of time and space to adjust to the deflection, he did not get the blade down to cover the 5 hole. It was a bad goal IMHO.

As was the first (way overplayed)

As was the 2nd ( no explanation necc.)

So yes many many people are blaming Clemmer. Some are not and thats what makes the world go round.
i dont blame clemmensen for the OT goal, any type of deflection is difficult to react to, especially when you're moving laterally. but the first three goals, honestly, were almost all his fault.

if theo's in net (or any decent goalie) it could be a 3-0 shutout.

Old
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
If we can get a 2nd, we take it and run IMO.

Old
12-23-2011, 08:45 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Are you joking? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. But seriously, if we waive him , nobody will claim him. He should feel lucky his contract ran threw into this season because if he was a UFA last summer he would be playing in Europe.

Old
12-23-2011, 09:47 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Are you joking? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. But seriously, if we waive him , nobody will claim him. He should feel lucky his contract ran threw into this season because if he was a UFA last summer he would be playing in Europe.
I bet you wouldn't of responded like that if I asked the same question after his shutout victory early this year.

Old
12-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
I bet you wouldn't of responded like that if I asked the same question after his shutout victory early this year.
Everyone knows that a player is only as good as their last game. I think he would get claimed if he was waved but would definitely not fetch as much as a second as someone was suggesting earlier. I feel he was at fault for a couple of the goals yesterday but I wouldn't say that we should ditch him just for that. However, I would prefer us to trade him away as I feel that Markstrom is a step up and getting him more games during this season would serve us better if we make it the playoffs.

Old
12-23-2011, 10:26 AM
coladin

The Panthers played us pretty tough out there , a well coached team that got a point on the road. Versteeg is playing like an All-Star. As all Sens fans, didn't like the Foligno call but it was a pretty fast play.

Good luck the rest of the way, nice to see fans in ths stands there , tha fanbase is alive if the owners invest.

Old
12-23-2011, 10:27 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
Everyone knows that a player is only as good as their last game. I think he would get claimed if he was waved but would definitely not fetch as much as a second as someone was suggesting earlier. I feel he was at fault for a couple of the goals yesterday but I wouldn't say that we should ditch him just for that. However, I would prefer us to trade him away as I feel that Markstrom is a step up and getting him more games during this season would serve us better if we make it the playoffs.
If he does get waived i hope he gets claimed by the lightning. Thatll set them back another 2-3 seasons at least.

Old
12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
The Panthers played us pretty tough out there , a well coached team that got a point on the road. Versteeg is playing like an All-Star. As all Sens fans, didn't like the Foligno call but it was a pretty fast play.

Good luck the rest of the way, nice to see fans in ths stands there , tha fanbase is alive if the owners invest.
Thx for the kind words. Most of us enjoyed Anderson and wish him the best. Good 2 points on you.

Old
12-23-2011, 10:57 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
The Karlsson shot happens because of his turnover.
This is false. He passed the puck up to Garrison who fumbled the puck on the boards. That was hardly on Clemmenson. I know it's easy for people to blame the backup goalie but he has earned a point in every start and he's played well enough in every game. The Clemmer bashing is ridiculous. People are blaming him for the OT goal.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:05 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
few things:

clemmensen sucks. one of the first rules (i'm a goalie) of goaltending is to not overcommit, which he did on the first goal for no reason. the little floating wrist shot by karlsson was not a threat, he did not have to completely move to his right to stop that shot. what he did leaves you completely vulnerable to any type of rebound, or deflection, and obviously, the latter happened.

he obviously botched the alfredsson goal, and the karlsson goal should be stopped. he had enough time to try and find the puck through that screen.

other random stuff:

i really liked repik's play. not just because he scored, but he looks really fast and actually won alot of his battles along the boards and was great in transition.

dadonov, on the other hand, was completely invisible (and dads is one of my favorites, but boy has he stunk this year)

matthias is playing really well....

and lastly, i hate the ****ing senators and especially alfredsson. lol @ their fans booing after foligno's disgusting charge on ellerby.
It was an excellent shot by Karlsson, a slapshot, not a floating wrister, that hit off the inside of the post and Clemmer was fully screened. LOL @ enough time to find it through the screen. Watch the play again because it's obvious you don't know what happened.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
It was an excellent shot by Karlsson, a slapshot, not a floating wrister, that hit off the inside of the post and Clemmer was fully screened. LOL @ enough time to find it through the screen. Watch the play again because it's obvious you don't know what happened.
Clemmer isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:30 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Here's my simple point.

Does anyone think, more likely than not, Markstrom wouldn't win last night?

Does anyone think more like likely than not clemmer gives us a better chance in the 15-20 games we need to rest theo move forward?

Does anyone think we go deeper in the playoffs with theo - clemmer than theo Markstrom?

Lets put aside the "Markstrom will develop better in the AHL" for a moment please. I'm just asking for the best interest of this season.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:35 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Here's my simple point.

Does anyone think, more likely than not, Markstrom wouldn't win last night?

Does anyone think more like likely than not clemmer gives us a better chance in the 15-20 games we need to rest theo move forward?

Does anyone think we go deeper in the playoffs with theo - clemmer than theo Markstrom?

Lets put aside the "Markstrom will develop better in the AHL" for a moment please. I'm just asking for the best interest of this season.
Pretty much everyone would rather have Markstrom. That doesn't make Clemmer bad, it makes the point that Markstrom is really good. As long as we're getting points with Clemmer, everything is fine. I'm a lot more worried about secondary scoring than Clemmer.

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by tossing AHL development to the side besides showing how important it is. AHL development is crucial. Markstrom is going to be a cornerstone for this franchise for a long time. No need to gamble with his development so we can have a better backup who rides the pine more often than not.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:40 AM
RainingRats

For comparison purposes, Clemmer has a lower GAA than Roberto Louongo and Carey Price, Markstrom, Kipper, Bryzgalove, Miller and a higher Save Percentage than Vokoun, Craig Anderson, Cam Ward, Jonas Hiller, Bryzgalov.

He's not nearly as bad as people want to believe. Sorry guys.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
RainingRats

And if you don't feel that his stats should be compared to starters. See how he compares for yourself against guys who have played around the same number of games or other backups. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...e=summary&pg=2

He's a solid backup.

Old
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
For comparison purposes, Clemmer has a lower GAA than Roberto Louongo and Carey Price, Markstrom, Kipper, Bryzgalove, Miller and a higher Save Percentage than Vokoun, Craig Anderson, Cam Ward, Jonas Hiller, Bryzgalov.

He's not nearly as bad as people want to believe. Sorry guys.
That's fandom. I completely get that we can look at the same plays and perceive them differently, I respect your opinion on this, but i think last night and overall clemmer is just a serviceable backup at best. I think he will cost us points where the available option of Markstrom won't. And if that makes the difference at the end of the year that will be tragic.

As to why I ask to keep the development aside, because that's simply another subjective argument as to where Markstrom is best served; I'm just flushing out one issue at a time.

Old
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 1300
Quote:

We aren't gonna win the cup this season, so why screw up Markström's development for one bloody season? Think of the future man, he will be the number one but that will come with time. There is no reason to rush him and make a Steve Mason v.2.0.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post

We aren't gonna win the cup this season, so why screw up Markström's development for one bloody season? Think of the future man, he will be the number one but that will come with time. There is no reason to rush him and make a Steve Mason v.2.0.

Yea that's argument 2.0 and we will get as many people who think he'd develop just fine here playing every 3rd game as those who don't. I get that.

We aren't going to win the cup? Yes unlikely. But go look at the thread from preseason where many of us thought we weren't even going to compete, so who knows how far we will go. I'll tell you one thing for the first time in a decade, THE TEAM want to win it all and believes in themselves.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 1300
The Clemmensen bashing has gone too far over here. I admit that he isn't the best backup in the league and makes you go every 2,5 minutes, but he isn't the worst either. .907 SV%, 2.41 GAA, 3 wins and 2 OT losses. Give the guy a break will you.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:18 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
first of all - in regards to the floating wrister comment, i was talking about the first goal, which neil tipped. so before you go attacking me, you may want to learn how to read.

secondly - karlsson's goal was a slapshot, but not a particularly hard one and had all day to shoot. clemmensen has to find that puck, and using a screen as an excuse, is just that, an excuse. he had a good amount of time to realize the shot was coming. it's his responsibility to find that puck.

funny, how the good goalies tend to be more difficult to screen, no? finding the puck is part of being a good goalie. something clemmensen is not.

i defended him after everyone attacked him after the buffalo loss. breakaways are breakaways, and clemmensen may suck at stopping them, but ultimately a defensive breakdown is truly at fault. but last night, we lost because scott clemmensen sucks, plain and simple. despite all the injuries, despite losing weiss 3 shifts into the game, we outplayed ottawa all night and lost because of clemmensen. plain and simple.

hope you enjoy being a scott clemmensen apologist, must be fun.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:19 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
The Clemmensen bashing has gone too far over here. I admit that he isn't the best backup in the league and makes you go every 2,5 minutes, but he isn't the worst either. .907 SV%, 2.41 GAA, 3 wins and 2 OT losses. Give the guy a break will you.
It's an upsetting loss after a great comeback, We will all get over it as soon as the new gdt comes up, and clemmer will play next week and get a chance to put it behind him too. I'll be rooting hard for him.

Closed Thread