HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Contract Question

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2004, 02:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Player Contract Question

Now I notice their are alot of clauses like two-way contracts and one way contracts. But say if something happened like this Nigel Dawes signs a contract saying if he improved in points in juniors from last year to this year, he is a lock to make the Rangers next year?? I hope this makes sense, I just thought can the players be using something like this since they know the rangers lack depth up front. I know it happened alot but why would Rangers sign a player if he is going back to juniors anyway???

Old
09-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Now I notice their are alot of clauses like two-way contracts and one way contracts. But say if something happened like this Nigel Dawes signs a contract saying if he improved in points in juniors from last year to this year, he is a lock to make the Rangers next year?? I hope this makes sense, I just thought can the players be using something like this since they know the rangers lack depth up front. I know it happened alot but why would Rangers sign a player if he is going back to juniors anyway???
They're signing players from Juniors so they don't become free agents or go back into the draft at the end of the season. It's called long term planning.

As for the idea that Sather would agree to put a clause that automatically guarantees a prospect a place in the NHL: Sather would NEVER, EVER do that. Prospects HAVE to earn their spots. Always have with him, always will.

Old
09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

^^

Which is the way it should be. Players should not be gaining spots based on past performance, but rather current performance.

Old
09-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos
^^

Which is the way it should be. Players should not be gaining spots based on past performance, but rather current performance.
You seem to forget the flip side of Sather's coin: Veterans will always get the benefit of the doubt based on past performance.

Old
09-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Fletch

Well...

it is safer to go with those guys with past performance history. I'm putting my money with Fidelity before I put it with Joe Money who's trying to start up his own fund but has never done it, even though Joe may be smart and know his way around the Street.

But, you do have to know when to cut ties.

Closed Thread