Pierre McGuire - analyst on NBC and Versus
Patrick Roy - co-owner, GM, coach Quebec Remparts
Jim Nill – assistant GM, Detroit
Bob Gainey - special advisor Mtl
Julien Brisebois – assistant GM TB/GM Norfolk Admirals
Vincent Damphousse – analyst RDS
Pierre Lacroix – president Colorado
Pat Brisson – co-head Hockey Divison CAA
Trevor Timmins - director procurement and player dev. Mtl
Claude Loiselle – assistant GM Toronto
Serge Savard – co-owner PEI Rockets
Paul Fenton - assistant-GM Nashvile/GM Milwaukee Admirals
Doug Risebrough – president Minnesota (2009)
André Savard - ex-assistant coach Pittsburgh (2009)
Jim Benning - assistant GM Boston
Jarmo Kekkalainen - GM Jokerit (Finland)
Marc Bergevin - assistant GM Chicago
1. I compiled all the candidates suggested by posters in Management Thread 2.0 and 3.0.
2. *I didn't exclude any ridiculous suggestions*
3. I wrote the candidates in the same order I found them in those threads. Edit 1: 4. Deleted Edit 2: 5. Filtering coaching candidates: Out: Demers. Edit 3: 6. Filtering GM candidates: Out: Bowman, Lemaire.
Edit 4: 7. Unavailable and not going anywhere: Out: Trotz, Babcock, Julien, Yeo, Quenneville, Poile, Shero, Chiarelli. Edit 5: 8. Will reconsider an exclusion if any evidence that it's a serious candidacy. Edit 6:
9. I'll update this list by adding a name either if:
a) a news source suggests a serious candidate, or
b) more than one posters say he's their first choice, or
c) 3 posters suggest a candidate
Last edited by Erik Estrada: 12-23-2011 at 03:20 PM.
To the Mods: I created this thread because the Management Thread was cluttered with coaching philosophy, politics, social commentaries, etc... It'll obviously be at your discretion if this thread should be merged or should stand alone.
1. I took all the suggested names I could find in the Management Threads.
2. I didn't exclude any ridiculous proposals (someone on the list might have passed away for all I know)
3. Besides Cunneyworth and Gauthier, I wrote the names in the order I found them.
4. Please feel free to add all the names I might have missed.
You can erase 95% of your names, and some are way too old.
Damphousse as GM and Roy as head coach seems the most possible ones.
I just glimpsed at the list, I saw Trotz, and I assumed that this is probably a humoristic post. To test my theory, I decided to search for Babcock's name. There it was. So yes, this is a pretty funny thread.