HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next Years Line-Up

Old
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
I don't think Tallon will be thinking of buying out Upshall, yet.

I think we'll give him one more year, and hope he can stay healthy for at least 60+ games. If not then maybe a buyout in 2013.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
I hope Hubs can stay as a center in NHL but I think he'll be bumped to wing. It happens so often with kids playing C in juniors especially our rookies.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:45 PM
homegrizown

panthers have a lot of fowards coming off the books next season. samuelsson, strum, wolski.

they'll likely only bring one back, and that's probably only based on if they don't make a trade at the draft for a nash, ryan statsny type player. panthers still are in that floater playoff team it's gonna be hard to convince top free agents like parise to sign here until we are stanley cup contenders not just playoff contenders. but we do have alot of assets to try and acquire someone through trade.

i could definitely see us moving something like kulikov, santy and our 1st for a bobby ryan. we are deep in defense with our prospects

flash-weiss-bergy
hubby-ryan-verstegg
howden-matthias-upshall
skille-goc-kopecky

campbell-gudbranson
garrison-weaver
jovo-ellerby/petrovic/stratchan

markstrom
theo

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:14 PM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
panthers have a lot of fowards coming off the books next season. samuelsson, strum, wolski.

they'll likely only bring one back, and that's probably only based on if they don't make a trade at the draft for a nash, ryan statsny type player. panthers still are in that floater playoff team it's gonna be hard to convince top free agents like parise to sign here until we are stanley cup contenders not just playoff contenders. but we do have alot of assets to try and acquire someone through trade.

i could definitely see us moving something like kulikov, santy and our 1st for a bobby ryan. we are deep in defense with our prospects

flash-weiss-bergy
hubby-ryan-verstegg
howden-matthias-upshall
skille-goc-kopecky

campbell-gudbranson
garrison-weaver

markstrom
theo
agree with everything you said minus kuli being a trade chip. to me he is an untouchable. He's 21 with 3years of NHL experience already and getting better by the day. also with all the defensive depth we have, Kuli is the only real PMD we have other than Soupy.

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:51 PM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post

flash-weiss-bergy
hubby-ryan-verstegg
howden-matthias-upshall
skille-goc-kopecky

campbell-gudbranson
garrison-weaver

markstrom
theo
Two things are crucial in landing a top FA. A good amount of quality young and thus fairly inexpensive talent (check), and owners willing to shell out the bucks (??? tbd, need playoffs).

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:01 PM
ShootIt

I would not move Kulikov for Ryan. Stay pat with our prospects, and hope Bjugstad can become our big powerforward, at center no less.

Besides, Ryan would be our #1 Right Winger, not our #2 center.

Old
02-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

We're not going to move Kulikov, period. Teams asking for guys like him, Markstrom, Guds, etc. are why Tallon said no moves were made. He flatly said he's not going to move players of that ilk. And not one of us should be at all OK with moving him, or the others named. (Actually named in an article by Fialkov, I think or GR)

Ryan would be great, but not at the expense of the guys some of you bring up.

02-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
I agree for once we have a core of young guys we can build around.. We can't begin to dish them away for a few good seasons it's a marathon not a sprint

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Hockeycast

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Matthias - Bergenheim
Uppshall - Goc - Wolski
Bradley - Smithson - Kopecky / Skille

Campbell - Garrison
Kulikov - Gudbranson
Weaver - Jovanovski
Strachan

Theodore
Markstrom

*Trade or don't resign : Santorelli, Samuelsson, Ellerby and Clemmensen !

Hockeycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 10:50 AM
ShootIt

For some reason, decided to dig this up.

- Seems that Wolski might not make the team next year. Even though he is a RFA, the tender would be more than the money he is making now and it seems Dineen has no use for him now. So unless he re-signs for a low price x<2m, I think we say thanks but seeya.
- Upshall seems like a good fit for the 3rd line, provides some gritty play/has hands to be a 20 goal scorer, based off previous years.
-With Strachan playing well in the playoffs, I think that is the final nail in the coffin for Ellerby. I think we'll dangle his name around draft time in a package deal.
-Upshall and Matthias on Huberdeau's line due to those two willingness to drop the gloves if needed. Give our top prospect some protection but at the same time some guys who have some hands.
-Barch stays in case we play a physical team like the Bruins, for example
-I would like to see the Goc-Bergenheim-Samuelsson line stay together if possible. If not, we need to find another top 6 winger.
-Garrison is still up in the air. I'm hoping they are not talking deals because we are in a playoff run, for less distractions.
-Even with Clemmensen's solid play this year, Markstrom has been playing real well lately in the AHL, and I think he'll be ready for a 60-40 split next year.

So: Lines based on TOI

Flesichmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Free Agent/Samuelsson
Matthias-Huberdeau-Upshall
Kopecky-Smithson-Skille
Barch

Campbell-Garrison
Kulikov-Weaver
Jovanoski-Gudbranson.

Theodore-Markstrom

Old
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
For some reason, decided to dig this up.

- Seems that Wolski might not make the team next year. Even though he is a RFA, the tender would be more than the money he is making now and it seems Dineen has no use for him now. So unless he re-signs for a low price x<2m, I think we say thanks but seeya.
- Upshall seems like a good fit for the 3rd line, provides some gritty play/has hands to be a 20 goal scorer, based off previous years.
-With Strachan playing well in the playoffs, I think that is the final nail in the coffin for Ellerby. I think we'll dangle his name around draft time in a package deal.
-Upshall and Matthias on Huberdeau's line due to those two willingness to drop the gloves if needed. Give our top prospect some protection but at the same time some guys who have some hands.
-Barch stays in case we play a physical team like the Bruins, for example
-I would like to see the Goc-Bergenheim-Samuelsson line stay together if possible. If not, we need to find another top 6 winger.
-Garrison is still up in the air. I'm hoping they are not talking deals because we are in a playoff run, for less distractions.
-Even with Clemmensen's solid play this year, Markstrom has been playing real well lately in the AHL, and I think he'll be ready for a 60-40 split next year.

So: Lines based on TOI

Flesichmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Free Agent/Samuelsson
Matthias-Huberdeau-Upshall
Kopecky-Smithson-Skille
Barch

Campbell-Garrison
Kulikov-Weaver
Jovanoski-Gudbranson.

Theodore-Markstrom
I'd switch Matthias and Huberdeau. They'll probably not give Huberdeau Centering responsibilities so he can focus on adjusting to the NHL game.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
I'd switch Matthias and Huberdeau. They'll probably not give Huberdeau Centering responsibilities so he can focus on adjusting to the NHL game.
Yea, I was thinking about that too. Nice thing about Matthias is he can play either, at the same level, so they could alternate.

Not sure what Tallon and Dineen think about Huberdeau in terms of center/winger

Old
04-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Yeah, I guess Tallon will have to decide how he sees Huby breaking in, as a center or winger. I think he might give a short term contract to Stoll or Arnott to try to push Goc for the 2nd line center spot. Most likely not, but it's a possibility, for a year or two. This team isn't going to advance past the 1st round unless it gets stronger down the middle. In a couple years, then we can see what Huby, Bjugstad, Shore are ready to do at center, or maybe we acquire a true 1st line center from outside.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote