HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Vector U+07 Ice Skates

Old
12-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 500
I recently went to a store to check out some skates.

The salesman told me that he recommends the CCM Vector U+07 Ice Skate because it was considered one of the top tier skates a few year ago and it has an affordable price for someone playing hockey recreationally.

So I want to ask the people who have wore this pair of skates before, how does it compare with the other pairs of skates that you have?

Jrtu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Fred89

They actually are good skates for recreational use, but make sure they fit you well, since CCM in these lines had a wider fit.

Fred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:12 AM
AIREAYE

Gonna be honest with you; that entire line was horrible. The fit on the bottom of your foot was sort of like a V where many people had problems having their foot sit ON the footbed as per normal, many felt that their foot was leaning against the narrow sides and not sitting properly. The durability of that line was horrible as well. The level of stiffness/support just wasn't there either.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Fred89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Gonna be honest with you; that entire line was horrible. The fit on the bottom of your foot was sort of like a V where many people had problems having their foot sit ON the footbed as per normal, many felt that their foot was leaning against the narrow sides and not sitting properly. The durability of that line was horrible as well. The level of stiffness/support just wasn't there either.
Ok, then i might have confused these skates with one higher on the line

Old
12-25-2011, 01:21 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred89 View Post
Ok, then i might have confused these skates with one higher on the line
you were correct in your assessment.. they have a wide fit to them and I switched back to bauer vapors as fast as I could because of it. they aren't durable, they aren't comfortable, but they are light and pretty fast. I say go try them on and if you think they fit then go for it at their price, but I got them for free and then sold them in a couple weeks because they hurt my foot so bad (whereas a more narrow bauer feels like a pillow to me)

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Fred89

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
you were correct in your assessment.. they have a wide fit to them and I switched back to bauer vapors as fast as I could because of it. they aren't durable, they aren't comfortable, but they are light and pretty fast. I say go try them on and if you think they fit then go for it at their price, but I got them for free and then sold them in a couple weeks because they hurt my foot so bad (whereas a more narrow bauer feels like a pillow to me)
Oh ok, i was reading AIREYE comment and thought that i was completely wrong

Anyway i'm a bauer guy too, just got a pair of X4.0 and i'm loving them, so i really don't know that much on CCM skates, just what my friends told me

Old
12-25-2011, 02:41 PM
AIREAYE

No no, you're right on the fit, it was wider in general, it's just that the foot didn't sit well in the boot.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote