HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose again 4-0

Old
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Listening to the interviews at HIO. You can hear the anger in Gorges' and Price's voice.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:26 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
This team has gotten worse since Martin's firing. At least Martin had them playing a system that kept them in games. This team is getting blown out right now. One goal games no more. No structure in their game plan or lackthereof under Cunneyworth. I knew the team wouldn't get better with the firing.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:27 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Never argued that, but he's been a positive this year, let's not bash everyone in organization.
Sorry I actually like him but I feel like managment insistence to make him a center is kind of limiting his and our options. Can't personnally blame DD for that tought.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:27 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
HABS 24/7

that's what i am talking about

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:29 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Listening to the interviews at HIO. You can hear the anger in Gorges' and Price's voice.
Somehow, I wish Gorges could become our captain (for real, no Kelowna joke here). He plays with heart, he seldom has a bad game.

Carey Price is one of the sole reason I still watch Habs game...

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Slick Eller

At this point, I'd not shake up anything.

If we continue to play like that, we have a shot at a top-3 pick and we could trade our deadweight for pick/salary dump with small length.

Slick Eller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
This team has gotten worse since Martin's firing. At least Martin had them playing a system that kept them in games. This team is getting blown out right now. One goal games no more. No structure in their game plan or lackthereof under Cunneyworth. I knew the team wouldn't get better with the firing.
wasn't this a big reason why artin was hired in the first place to bring structure to the team after the carbo days

Old
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Hugo Sham

i love mike boone

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone...-last-night-46

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Hugo Sham

LOL anyone watch 'le match'? apparently gauthier told an old friend yesterday this was his last year managing habs lol

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Somehow, I wish Gorges could become our captain (for real, no Kelowna joke here). He plays with heart, he seldom has a bad game.

Carey Price is one of the sole reason I still watch Habs game...
Price is the only reason the Habs aren't right now with the canes

Last edited by donghabs98: 12-22-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old
12-22-2011, 11:41 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
LOL anyone watch 'le match'? apparently gauthier told an old friend yesterday this was his last year managing habs lol
Are we surprised ?

it could very well be his last year (2011).

happy new year Mr Molson.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Fire Molson

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:46 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
His level? He needs to steal a game...stop letting in a goal here or there that he should stop. Until then he is no better than the rest of the garbage on this team.
Really...? God help us Habs fans.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:46 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Fire Molson
Hell, just move the Habs to Kansas City.

Yes, I'm kidding. Kinda.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Your right because when he gave up that third stinker that would make me compete much better. The guy has given up soft goals in many of the past few games. I won't let him slide because his name is Price. How about stopping and shutting out a team for once. Even Thomas can do that...and I'm not a Thomas fan.
Try putting our D men in front of Thomas for a few games and then see how he plays. He would look like swiss cheese.

Price is better than Thomas.

Any goalie can look great with a great set of 6 D men playing in front of him.

Price is not our problem.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:49 PM
habtastic

Despite the fact that I am on the same page as everyone in the Cammy sucks dept., listening to his interview, I do sort of agree with the point he makes at the end about lately the team just trying to "keep it simple" and that you "walk a fine line" between that and not making any plays at all. He points out the fact that other teams create chances and regardless they're going to come back at you, so you can't think of winning 1-0 ,etc. I really think (based on watching where he goes) that he has a vision of how the attack should develop and it doesn't happen that way. Feeds into being on different pages. He certainly doesn't make the best of his chances, but I when I really think about it, when he used to score goals, our attack looked different and we didn't just dump it and retreat. He needs to be better but the whole unit could do with more flair in developing a play. Not defending his play, just saying, he does have a point.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Despite the fact that I am on the same page as everyone in the Cammy sucks dept., listening to his interview, I do sort of agree with the point he makes at the end about lately the team just trying to "keep it simple" and that you "walk a fine line" between that and not making any plays at all. He points out the fact that other teams create chances and regardless they're going to come back at you, so you can't think of winning 1-0 ,etc. I really think (based on watching where he goes) that he has a vision of how the attack should develop and it doesn't happen that way. Feeds into being on different pages. He certainly doesn't make the best of his chances, but I when I really think about it, when he used to score goals, our attack looked different and we didn't just dump it and retreat. He needs to be better but the whole unit could do with more flair in developing a play. Not defending his play, just saying, he does have a point.
There is no puck support up the ice. The breakout starts, we make a pass, and the player that has the puck is left with no options. There is no open man to move it to, nor is there room on the ice to make a play. This team has a tonne of speed and puck carrying abilities, why are we not using it to our advantage? They should be moving as a unit, but they are not doing that, they are playing like individuals. The centermen should have a winger supporting him at all times, and the defense and the forwards need to close the gap between themselves.

The game tonight was a stark example of this. There is no scheme for movement without the puck, nor are there any high percentage plays to make to progress the play. How many times did the Habs have the puck tonight only to do absolutely zilch with it? I seriously lost count after the first period alone. It is almost like the play dies when they get the puck.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:59 PM
sheed36

Is there a link somewhere to what Price had to say after this game? He seemed quite pissed after the game..

Last edited by sheed36: 12-23-2011 at 12:05 AM.
sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

I'm not saying Martin needed to stay but I knew the Habs were going to go on a massive slid when the fired him. Both him and Carbo made something out of nothing.

Your guys' GM, IMO, is the worse GM in hockey right now. Basically Montreal isthe new Leafs or the new Flames. Mediocre roster full of pretenders with suspect prospects.

You guys need a total rebuild.. like 3-5 year rebuild.

I hope you guys don't take that is trolling as an Oilers fan.

Lottery Oilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
There is no puck support up the ice. The breakout starts, we make a pass, and the player that has the puck is left with no options. There is no open man to move it to, nor is there room on the ice to make a play. This team has a tonne of speed and puck carrying abilities, why are we not using it to our advantage? They should be moving as a unit, but they are not doing that, they are playing like individuals. The centermen should have a winger supporting him at all times, and the defense and the forwards need to close the gap between themselves.

The game tonight was a stark example of this. There is no scheme for movement without the puck, nor are there any low percentage plays to make to progress the play. How many times did the Habs have the puck tonight only to do absolutely zilch with it? I seriously lost count after the first period alone. It is almost like the play dies when they get the puck.
Yep, I agree and despite being part of the problem, I think that's what Cammy is alluding to in some sense. I think he expects passes to come in certain places when they don't. Can't handle passes cuz they're too late or too early. Everything is like a pinball machine with us. I wouldn't know where to go cuz you just don't know what your teammate is going to do. You're right. Playing like individuals. Individuals who are scared to have the puck or at best tentative. The only reason Cole looks good is cuz he has one basic tactic. Take the puck from our blue line and skate right towards the other net. Most of the time he has very poor control of it, but hey it looks better than trying to enter the zone tactically.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
3hirty6ix

I didn't watch the game, but I just saw the highlights on TSN, and what a pathetic display of defense. To me, it looks like we need some proper defensive defencemen and not half-assed Campolis or Kaberles.

3hirty6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:07 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post

The game tonight was a stark example of this. There is no scheme for movement without the puck, nor are there any high percentage plays to make to progress the play. How many times did the Habs have the puck tonight only to do absolutely zilch with it? I seriously lost count after the first period alone. It is almost like the play dies when they get the puck.
I know that this is a dead horse but what you posted is the legacy of the Martin offensive system.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:10 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottery Oilers View Post
I'm not saying Martin needed to stay but I knew the Habs were going to go on a massive slid when the fired him. Both him and Carbo made something out of nothing.

Your guys' GM, IMO, is the worse GM in hockey right now. Basically Montreal isthe new Leafs or the new Flames. Mediocre roster full of pretenders with suspect prospects.

You guys need a total rebuild.. like 3-5 year rebuild.

I hope you guys don't take that is trolling as an Oilers fan.
No trolling taken from your post. Many of us have been saying exactly what you posted. Gauthier is horrible. He had the chance to fill in glaring needs of this team during the offseason and he did very little other than Cole. The rest of the players were purchased at the Dollar Store.

And this is what the result of that is..............

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:13 AM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Price is the only reason the Habs aren't right now with the canes
For all those who are pushing for Hartley as coach, just know he was quoted the other day as saying JM would have not lost his job had Price stolen some more games. I guess an all star is not good enough-he needs to be superhuman.

Hartley, ****** off.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:16 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Is there a link somewhere to what Price had to say after this game? He seemed quite pissed after the game..
Was at the game. Price bolted to the gate before the horn went off

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote