HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2011, 11:03 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
toews?
Clearly talking about Gaborik.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
I agree but at the same time letís not go crazy about Lupul and his talent because this is actually his 1st really productive season in the NHL and season is not even over yet.

off ice speculaiton.
I'll give you that, but this is also his first season since 08-09 were he has been healthy. He had 48 points as a rookie and 58 in 08-09 with Philly. He was taken 5th for a reason.

Old
12-23-2011, 11:26 AM
arsmaster

You'd think Anaheim would look to trade Perry before Getzlaf, wouldn't you?

I mean whats having two great wingers going to do for you without a great center.

Moving Perry would allow them to gain 2nd line depth, while keeping a winger signed longer and their captain.

Also you might try and strike while the iron is hot, because Perry will never score 50 again in this league...

Old
12-23-2011, 11:29 AM
TOML

Question: With Selanne's and Koivu's careers nearing an end, WHY the continual nonsense from Dreger regarding Anaheim trading their teams' future stars?

TOML

"Fabian Brunnstrom was the next Daniel Alfredsson."

Old
12-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
You'd think Anaheim would look to trade Perry before Getzlaf, wouldn't you?

I mean whats having two great wingers going to do for you without a great center.

Moving Perry would allow them to gain 2nd line depth, while keeping a winger signed longer and their captain.

Also you might try and strike while the iron is hot, because Perry will never score 50 again in this league...
The guy just won the Hart, and he's the only one on the RPG line that's still playing hard night to night. He doesn't have to hit 50 goals every season to have massive value for us.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I'll give you that, but this is also his first season since 08-09 were he has been healthy. He had 48 points as a rookie and 58 in 08-09 with Philly. He was taken 5th for a reason.
After Hatcher took him out Lupul became useless. I think Lups was on his way to have a very good season too.
Not calling him a bad player by any means. He found his homer in Toronto. Good for him.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:09 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Question: With Selanne's and Koivu's careers nearing an end, WHY the continual nonsense from Dreger regarding Anaheim trading their teams' future stars?

TOML

"Fabian Brunnstrom was the next Daniel Alfredsson."
You know exactly what Jets fans are thinking through all of this.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:14 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
The guy just won the Hart, and he's the only one on the RPG line that's still playing hard night to night. He doesn't have to hit 50 goals every season to have massive value for us.
I just think moving your number one center, when your #2 is UFA and over 35 is a bad plan.

Especially since you have B.Ryan under team control at a reasonable salary for 4-5 more years, whereas there is less time for Perry.

Move him where his value is high, take the 1st, top prospect and young top 6 forward.

Philly comes to mind: JVR, Schenn, 1st and 2nd for C. Perry.

Not saying thats the deal I make but moving Getzlaf would be silly especially when you look at the new conference format coming out next season.

Centers in the New Conference: M. Koivu, H. Sedin, Kesler, Thornton (Marleau, Pavelski, Couture...whoever is play C for them at the time), Kopitar, Richards, RNH....I dont think its wise management to leave yourself without a legit center in that conference (although its not helping them right now).

Old
12-23-2011, 12:16 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
I just think moving your number one center, when your #2 is UFA and over 35 is a bad plan.

Especially since you have B.Ryan under team control at a reasonable salary for 4-5 more years, whereas there is less time for Perry.

Move him where his value is high, take the 1st, top prospect and young top 6 forward.

Not saying thats the deal I make but moving Getzlaf would be silly especially when you look at the new conference format coming out next season.

Centers in the New Conference: M. Koivu, H. Sedin, Kesler, Thornton (Marleau, Pavelski, Couture...whoever is play C for them at the time), Kopitar, Richards, RNH....I dont think its wise management to leave yourself without a legit center in that conference (although its not helping them right now).
Actually Koivu isnt in that new conference, my bad....but as you can see the cream of the conference has two good c's, sometimes more...Anaheim would have ZERO if they moved Getzlaf.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:

I appreciate the fact that you like Flyers young players and prospects but ehh, no. No thank you. Flyers are not about to trade these players for Perry. Or is Perry also better than M.Richards with 8 years contract? Do not think so.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-23-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old
12-23-2011, 12:32 PM
illpucks

How Bout this?

To Winnipeg:

Bobby Ryan
Luca Sbisa

To Anaheim:

Dustin Byfuglien
Blake Wheeler

Old
12-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
How Bout this?

To Winnipeg:

Bobby Ryan
Luca Sbisa

To Anaheim:

Dustin Byfuglien
Blake Wheeler
lol'd no way anaheim does that

Old
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
lol'd no way anaheim does that
As a defence man Byfuglien > Sbisa
Wheeler is not better than Ryan but has more pts this year so far
Cap Hits are fairly even, fair trade no?

Old
12-23-2011, 12:41 PM
JS19
Pls Sharks win

Quote:
Not even close to a fair trade, Wheeler isn't seen as a dynamic top-6 forward of Ryan's quality and The difference between Ryan and Wheeler is not worth a young, promising defenseman like Sbisa. Much like how the difference between Byfuglien and Sbisa isn't worth a Ryan.

As for Niitymakki...I see a team like Columbus going after him in a desperation move.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:41 PM
sgupca

maybe this has been brought up at some point, but if the Ducks are going full-rebuild, does anyone here think Selanne back to the Jets (for a playoff push - and possibly to retire at seasons end) is totally out of the question?

Old
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I Believe

Wonder if Tampa would make a move for Nittimaki.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
maybe this has been brought up at some point, but if the Ducks are going full-rebuild, does anyone here think Selanne back to the Jets (for a playoff push - and possibly to retire at seasons end) is totally out of the question?
It's not in our hands. The only one that could give you an answer is Teemu.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
JS19
Pls Sharks win

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
It may be difficult on both sides but not unlikely...given that Jets management is preaching youth and drafting and Selanne could retire at anytime. But the sentimental value is there and I'd love to see Selanne rock it in Winnipeg.

EDIT - It'd basically be similar to the Alfredsson thing in Ottawa, if he (Selanne) wants a trade, management will respect that.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe View Post
Wonder if Tampa would make a move for Nittimaki.
I think they should. Healthy Nitty can play on high level.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeep View Post
Why does Nashville trade their assets when there's the possibility of them losing Suter and Weber.
Becuase they're trying to win...

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Byfuglien is good but Sbisa is till a young defender who is still developing big time. And like said, Ryan is better than Wheeler so no thank you.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:51 PM
JS19
Pls Sharks win

Quote:
Why does Nashville trade their assets when there's the possibility of them losing Suter and Weber. I don't believe the Ducks are interested in Suter or Weber, because the cost would be too high to trade for either one and too much to resign either one. Getzlaf and Ryan are still young enough that the Ducks could go through a couple of years of rebuilding and come out ahead. There's no rush, unless their desperate to make the playoff's this year.
How else are Suter and Weber going to be convinced stay in Nashville if Poile doesn't improve the outlook of the team's offense?...Defense can only take you so far in the playoffs.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:20 PM
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner

Quote:
Don't you mean tied for most goals in the league, lets not for get that he cannot play a stitch of defense. I'd take Getzlaf over Kessel in a second, there's no question who's the better of the 2.
Actually, I wrote that when he was leading the league in scoring until I saw Gaborik and Stamkos scored. He can't play a stitch of defense? If there is one improvement in Kessel i have seen this season is his ability to backcheck and play defense. So before you go assuming things because of what others have said, watch a couple games for yourself. And yes, at THIS moment Getzlaf is better than Kessel, but I would not count on that for much longer. Kessel is 24 and Getzlaf is 26, lets see where Kessel is 2 years from now. Also, in reference to your 4 ppg seasons, its pretty easy to get when you have Bobby Ryan and Corey Perry on your side. Arguably the scariest line in the NHL. Kessel has played with NO ONE until this year and has found chemistry with Lupul. Together they have more points combined than Getzlaf and Perry. So in short, we will keep Kessel if that is what the asking price is for Getzlaf.

Old
12-23-2011, 01:25 PM
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
toews?
Kessel?

1 Phil Kessel TOR R 34 20 20 40 +2 16
2 Steven Stamkos TBL C 33 20 17 37 +11 17
3 Jonathan Toews CHI C 35 20 17 37 +13 16