HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Human
cynic

vCash: 500
Pens would trade anyone from their farm and picks for Ryan. the exact type of player Shero wants.

Old
12-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
Pens would trade anyone from their farm and picks for Ryan. the exact type of player Shero wants.
You and 25 other teams. Good thing the only Picks the Ducks should be interested in are top 5 picks in this years draft

Old
12-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
You and 25 other teams. Good thing the only Picks the Ducks should be interested in are top 5 picks in this years draft
actually I wouldn't mind adding Staal to a prospect and a pick, it would be fair. the only issue I have right now with this is that Crosby isn't healthy.

Old
12-24-2011, 09:16 AM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:
actually I wouldn't mind adding Staal to a prospect and a pick, it would be fair. the only issue I have right now with this is that Crosby isn't healthy.
Staal + for Ryan?

Maybe in years past but most DEFINITELY NOT this year. In fact...I wouldn't even do an even swap of Staal for Ryan. To ME (ME keep in mind) I would want something else from the Ducks.

But considering both their play this year, Staal + prosp + pick is a severe over payment.

Old
12-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Can you put in something other than Zuccarello? He isn't needed here.
Neither are Dubinsky or Del Zotto.

Old
12-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Staal + for Ryan?

Maybe in years past but most DEFINITELY NOT this year. In fact...I wouldn't even do an even swap of Staal for Ryan. To ME (ME keep in mind) I would want something else from the Ducks.

But considering both their play this year, Staal + prosp + pick is a severe over payment.
key words.

Old
12-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Neither are Dubinsky or Del Zotto.
I was hoping their fans would realize that offering us wingers is getting them nowhere.

Old
12-24-2011, 10:21 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Gluten Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Factually incorrect statement here.
As a matter of fact, I know Getzlaf was discussed when Murray was visiting Buffalo earlier this month. And yes, I do know for a fact this player was discussed.
Does anything come of a conversation, who knows.

But don't kid yourself, no player outside of Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos and the Sedin Twins are untouchable right now.
If the right offer comes along, assets will get moved.
Yeah the discussion was Darcy Regier asking, and Murray changing the topic

Old
12-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Vitto79

Leaf fans would of said Nitty to TO but I think Gustavson had a good run

Old
12-24-2011, 11:44 AM
rockinghockey

Is there any way for Edm to get Ryan without giving up Hall, RNH or Eberle, we have a very deep prospect pool.

Old
12-24-2011, 11:51 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Gluten Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Is there any way for Edm to get Ryan without giving up Hall, RNH or Eberle, we have a very deep prospect pool.
Klefbom 2012 first would be a start I presume?

Old
12-24-2011, 12:36 PM
AK1990

To Anaheim – Grabovski, Franson, D’amigo, Kulemin & 2nd in 2012

To Toronto – Getzlaf

- Anaheim gains a center to fill in the gap for Getzlaf with Grabovski. I know Grabo isn't as good as Getzlaf but he is a suitable replacement. Brings more speed to the team and will be a cheaper option. Kulemin is a potential 30 goal scorer and gives more depth on the wing position for Anaheim. Ryan, Perry, Selanne and Kulemin would be a great winger combination for their top 2 lines. Franson provides them a potential top 4 defenseman and can quarterback a powerplay. Franson, Fowler, Visnovsky, Beauchemin would give Anaheim a more complete top 4 defence and with Sbisa and Lydman and Anaheim has a pretty solid back end. D'amigo gives them additional depth with guys like Jason Blake who is set to be a free agent and most likely won't return. They also receive a 2nd round pick in the up coming draft which is a deep draft and will help Anaheim rebuild on the fly as they have a lot of good pieces already.

For Toronto, we all know what they get in Getzlaf.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
im still very much interested in ryan more than anyone really.
Really? Don't get me wrong if I woke up one day and say Ryan was traded to the Leafs you'd be hard pressed to find a happier Leaf fan. Bobby Ryan and Phil Kessel on one line would be nasty and damn near unstopable.

That said Getzlaf is EXACTLY what this team needs a legit 80-100 point score with size the size being the most important thing cause the Leafs are WAY to small

Old
12-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik Kristal View Post

To Toronto – Getzlaf
It's unlikely that Getzlaf would be a deadline trade.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:33 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:

To Toronto – Getzlaf

- Anaheim gains a center to fill in the gap for Getzlaf with Grabovski. I know Grabo isn't as good as Getzlaf but he is a suitable replacement Brings more speed to the team and will be a cheaper option. Kulemin is a potential 30 goal scorer and gives more depth on the wing position for Anaheim. Ryan, Perry, Selanne and Kulemin would be a great winger combination for their top 2 lines. Franson provides them a potential top 4 defenseman and can quarterback a powerplay. Franson, Fowler, Visnovsky, Beauchemin would give Anaheim a more complete top 4 defence and with Sbisa and Lydman and Anaheim has a pretty solid back end. D'amigo gives them additional depth with guys like Jason Blake who is set to be a free agent and most likely won't return. They also receive a 2nd round pick in the up coming draft which is a deep draft and will help Anaheim rebuild on the fly as they have a lot of good pieces already.

One of the worst Getzlaf proposals I've seen in a while. Here's my counter:

Phanuef
for
Smith-Pelley, Lydman, Palmieri, Cogliano and a 2nd.

Lydman is no Phanuef, but I would say he is a suitable replacement.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
One of the worst Getzlaf proposals I've seen in a while. Here's my counter:

Phanuef
for
Smith-Pelley, Lydman, Palmieri, Cogliano and a 2nd.

Lydman is no Phanuef, but I would say he is a suitable replacement.
I would actually do that with those 3 pieces coming back, I know Burke wouldn't but in terms of value I like it.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:08 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:

To Toronto – Getzlaf

- Anaheim gains a center to fill in the gap for Getzlaf with Grabovski. I know Grabo isn't as good as Getzlaf but he is a suitable replacement. Brings more speed to the team and will be a cheaper option. Kulemin is a potential 30 goal scorer and gives more depth on the wing position for Anaheim. Ryan, Perry, Selanne and Kulemin would be a great winger combination for their top 2 lines. Franson provides them a potential top 4 defenseman and can quarterback a powerplay. Franson, Fowler, Visnovsky, Beauchemin would give Anaheim a more complete top 4 defence and with Sbisa and Lydman and Anaheim has a pretty solid back end. D'amigo gives them additional depth with guys like Jason Blake who is set to be a free agent and most likely won't return. They also receive a 2nd round pick in the up coming draft which is a deep draft and will help Anaheim rebuild on the fly as they have a lot of good pieces already.

Come on. the 1st piece included in a deal for getzlaf would be schenn. I'm pretty sure the value for getzlaf would be a top 4 d-man,top 6 forward,prospect , a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Come on. the 1st piece included in a deal for getzlaf would be schenn. I'm pretty sure the value for getzlaf would be a top 4 d-man,top 6 forward,prospect , a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick.
Yupp people always fail to understand

Old
12-24-2011, 02:36 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Gluten Free

Quote:

To Toronto – Getzlaf

Once again, Why does Anaheim trade a top 5-7 center in the league for two soon to be free agents, and not get ONE bluechip talent in return? no kadri, no colborne, no schenn, no first. you think this get's you a PREMIERE player?

I think i'm a masochist, the tradeboard is painful to look at sometimes :

Old
12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
93gilmour93

Is this fair value for getzlaf?

To ducks - Schenn,Kulemin,Colborne,1st 2012,2nd 2013

To leafs - Getzlaf

Old
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yupp people always fail to understand
Sorry, most of us with the exception of the HFboard noobs know that.

Which is why I offered
Grabovski/Kulemin
1st 2012
Colborne
Schenn

But it seems Ducks fans want some elite talent back + 1st + top prospect. Personally I doubt it. I just find it fascinating that getzlaf went from untouchable to touchable. I mean, I could possibly understand trading Ryan, but getzlaf... Wow.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Is this fair value for getzlaf?

To ducks - Schenn,Kulemin,Colborne,1st 2012,2nd 2013

To leafs - Getzlaf
Kulemin makes sense if we're dealing Ryan, but he doesn't really fit a deal for Getzlaf.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:52 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Kulemin makes sense if we're dealing Ryan, but he doesn't really fit a deal for Getzlaf.
If grabovski was signed to a extension would that make it work?

Old
12-24-2011, 02:54 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
LOL!!! yeah let's trade Staal. Crosby still out, and who knows about the future if he's gonna play 80 games a year and playoffs, or have to take breaks every now and then, then Malkin who took a skate to the head and looked woozy against the Jets, and no Staal. Imagine trading Staal, and Malkin had a "concussion" from the skate, we would have Joe Victory as our 1st line C, and Dupuis 2nd line C but atleast we got Ryan. Shero should be fired if he traded Staal right now.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
If grabovski was signed to a extension would that make it work?
It's better. Not sure if we'd take it, but it probably gets more consideration. That's the best I can tell you.

Closed Thread