HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Getzlaf needs to pick it up. It may not be fair because everyone has sucked but he is the captain.

If Getzlaf is moved expect a kings ransom. Top 10 pick/Top 6 center/Top 4 defender.

Depending on the quality + or -
Probably not enough, but how about this from Edmonton:

1st
Gagner
Paajarvi
Gilbert

Even with the addition of Getzlaf we'd be a pick in the 5-10 range (losing Gilbert, due to lack of D depth, would basically negate the boon of bringing in Getzlaf for this year).

Old
12-30-2011, 08:40 PM
BrianTML2011

Getzlaf + Ducks 1st for Grabo, Kulie, Aulie + leafs 1st.
Then
Sutter for Anheims 1st + Schenn

Thoughts?

Old
12-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTML2011 View Post
Then

Thoughts?
Welcome to HF Boards. The proposals will take some work, though. The Ducks wouldn't do it without their 1st in the deal, honestly.

Old
12-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Just because Burke dealt his first and misse on Seguin doesn't mean the ducks have to.

If we trade our first I'm gonna shoot Murray!

Old
12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
BrianTML2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Welcome to HF Boards. The proposals will take some work, though. The Ducks wouldn't do it without their 1st in the deal, honestly.
Thanks

Ya giving up Getzlaf and their 1st would be a bit counter productive. I do see the ducks being a better team for the rest of the year with Gabo, Kulie and Aulie vs only having Getzlaf, but then again it would be a lot for the Ducks to give up.

How about:

Getzlaf + 2nd for Grabo, Kulie and Aulie

Then

Sutter for Leafs 1st, Ducks 2nd and Schenn.

Does that work better? Any suggestions? I know with Webber going down it really hurts the chances of Sutter being moved. Also Schenn does have a modified NTC (I beleive) and the Ducks would need to be on his list of approved teams.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Thanks

Ya giving up Getzlaf and their 1st would be a bit counter productive. I do see the ducks being a better team for the rest of the year with Gabo, Kulie and Aulie vs only having Getzlaf, but then again it would be a lot for the Ducks to give up.
Well, given the standings and what type of run it would take to get us even remotely close to the playoffs, being better this season isn't much of a priority any more, and it would be even less if we decided to trade Getzlaf. Getzlaf and the Ducks' 1st round pick are essentially assets that point to exact opposite directions. Trading one means more of a rebuild, trading the other means bringing in talent to help the team now (as in mainly next season). The chance of Getzlaf moving are pretty close to zero, and the chance of the Ducks moving their first rounder might be even smaller at this point.

Quote:
How about:

(...)

Does that work better? Any suggestions?
Grabo is a fine player, but as a UFA at this season's end, he just doesn't have any considerable value to Anaheim. This season's basically done for us. Grabo has certain value to teams trying to add depth for a run, but the Ducks aren't one of those - his subjective value to Anaheim is pretty close to zero. And Kulemin and Aulie are long ways away from making the Ducks consider Getzlaf. To be honest, if Getzlaf was available, I don't see the Leafs in a position to go for him, since I believe they simply do not have the right centerpieces for a trade that would interest the Ducks.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Thanks

How about:

Then

Does that work better? Any suggestions? I know with Webber going down it really hurts the chances of Sutter being moved. Also Schenn does have a modified NTC (I beleive) and the Ducks would need to be on his list of approved teams.
It's Suter, not Sutter. Suter's the defenseman for Nashville. Sutter's the defensive forward for Carolina.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Then

Thoughts?
Carolina takes that deals and runs.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:25 PM
BrianTML2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
It's Suter, not Sutter. Suter's the defenseman for Nashville. Sutter's the defensive forward for Carolina.
Ah thanks for the correction. I was talking about Suter from Nashville of course.

And thanks Vipers for the feedback; I will re-think my trade scenarios.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:25 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Probably not enough, but how about this from Edmonton:

1st
Gagner
Paajarvi
Gilbert

Even with the addition of Getzlaf we'd be a pick in the 5-10 range (losing Gilbert, due to lack of D depth, would basically negate the boon of bringing in Getzlaf for this year).
Not even close.

if one of your big 3 aren't on the table, there simply will be nothing to discuss

Old
12-30-2011, 09:26 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Thanks

How about:

Then

I'm going to try and be nice.

No. Just no.

Old
12-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
And thanks Vipers for the feedback; I will re-think my trade scenarios: P.
No problem, and thanks for that. These boards can be less than forgiving at times, so try to take the right things out of less civil feedback if it comes along. Cheers!

Old
12-30-2011, 09:32 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
What would the plus be? Something like an average roster player or veteran would do it for me.

Berglund
Stewart
1st

Getzlaf+

Old
12-31-2011, 12:40 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Getzlaf is on another level from Richards

One of your Centre prospects + one of your LW

Schenn + JVR + 2nd

Getzlaf

So basically change Simmonds to JVR.
We could do a center prospect + a LW... but it's not going to be Schenn + JVR. That's just dumb. JVR has 40-40 potential... he's on a whole nother tier than Simmonds... that's not a casual upgrade, that's a ridiculous upgrade.

As far as Getzlaf being on another level from Richards, that is certainly disputable.

Assists/Total Points: Edge Getzlaf: Getzlaf averages .69 assists per game and .94 points per game. Richards averages .47 assists per game and .77 points per game, although these stats are skewed by Richards' early years. If we look @ the last 5 years, Getz averages .76 assists per game and 1.05 PPG. Richie averages .52 assists per game and 0.88 PPG. Still an edge for Getzlaf.

Goal Scoring: Edge Richards: Richards has potted significantly more goals than Getzlaf every year since 2007-2008 (4 straight years... and he's well on his way to a 5th straight).

Quality of Teammates: Edge Getzlaf: Richards has played w/ much less talented linemates than Getzlaf has. Getz has played w/ Perry and Ryan for the better part of his career. That's a dynamic line. Richie had Versteeg and JVR last year, and has never played w/ a player as dynamic as Perry... let alone also having someone like Ryan on his line.

Defensive Play: Edge Richards: Richards is a perennial contender for the Selke award and was the runner up for the award in 2009. Richards almost always among the leaders on his team in PK minutes. He is a defensive horse capable of shutting down anyone in the NHL.

Time on PK: Edge Richards

Time on Powerplay: Edge Getzlaf: Getzlaf has made more time on the powerplay for each of the last 4 seasons by a pretty good margin. More powerplay time = more points.

Faceoffs: Edge Richards: Richards has led Getzlaf in faceoff percentage each of the last 3 years.

So all in all, Richards scores more goals, is better on the PK, is decidedly better defensively, is better in the faceoff circle, and only loses to Getz in terms of assists / total points. BUT... Richards has played significantly less time on the powerplay than Getz has, and additionally, Richards has played on a line w/ teammates that are significantly less talented than Perry and Ryan.

To say that Getz is better than Richards is a stretch. To say that they are so far apart in value that Simmonds should be switched to JVR is ridiculous.

Old
12-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Dubinsky is hot right now so...

Brandon Dubinsky, Michael Sauer, Christian Thomas, 2012'1st, 2013'2nd
For
Bobby Ryan, Shendon Brookbank

(healthy)
Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Ryan
Wolski-Boyle-Callahan
Fedotenko-Rupp/Mitchell-Prust

Staal-MDZ
Girardi-McD
Stralman-Bickell/Brookbank

Last edited by Hanke: 12-31-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old
12-31-2011, 01:03 AM
ZetterBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post

For

(healthy)
Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Ryan
Wolski-Boyle-Mitchell
Fedotenko-Rupp-Prust

Staal-Sauer
Girardi-McD
MDZ-Stralman/Brookbank/Bickell
If everyone is healthy, Richards and Ryan are 2nd liners? Sure Stepan is great, but that would be strange unless you are talking about 2 years from now.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:07 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post
If everyone is healthy, Richards and Ryan are 2nd liners? Sure Stepan is great, but that would be strange unless you are talking about 2 years from now.
First two lines split the ice time. It's more of a "two legitimate 1st lines" than a "Stepan is better than Richards" thing (although Tortorella has called Stepan our best forward on numerous occasions this season).

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
12-31-2011, 01:08 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post
You cant really call the Richards line the second line because on most teams there a first line. So really line 1 A and line 1 B.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Selanne138

Quote:

For

(healthy)
Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Richards-Ryan
Wolski-Boyle-Callahan
Fedotenko-Rupp/Mitchell-Prust

Staal-Sauer
Girardi-McD
MDZ-Stralman/Brookbank/Bickell
One minor note, you are trading us Sauer and still have him in your lineup.

Its a good proposal, gives us a 2nd/3rd line tweener (more of a 2nd line guy IMO), a Stay at home #4 guy, a pretty good prospect and 2 picks, most likely in the bottom 5-8 of each round.

Im still hesitant to pull the trigger, I feel if Ryan is moves, one of the central pieces (Sauer/Dubinsky) will be a bigger asset.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

These trade proposals are ridiculous, as I've mentioned previously in this thread. I've seen Getzlaf play 6-8x per season against the Sharks and as much as I hate to say it, dude is a beast. If your top (read: TOP, not just someone who is flavor of the month) player isn't going the other way then don't even bother. There is no formula of vet + prospect + pick that is going to get a top flight player like Getzlaf unless the vet and prospect are incredibly skilled.

Can't believe I just wrote that entire post DEFENDING the Ducks

Old
12-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Sluck13

anaheim would want a ton to let go of getz I dont know how there defense situation but i could see a leaf option something like aulie/gardiner/franzen pick 2 then 2 more top prospects maybe 1 of them being kadri if need be but either way hes not going anywhere cheap

Old
12-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Leafs don't have what it takes to acquire Getzlaf, end of story

Old
12-31-2011, 02:04 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
Leafs don't have what it takes to acquire Getzlaf, end of story
This honestly. Lots of good assets on Toronto and if you add up enough quantity assets value could be on, but how often do you see a 5 for 1 trade in today's NHL?

Old
12-31-2011, 03:43 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
This honestly. Lots of good assets on Toronto and if you add up enough quantity assets value could be on, but how often do you see a 5 for 1 trade in today's NHL?
Plus the Ducks wouldn't be able to take all of those contracts due to the contract limit

Old
12-31-2011, 04:04 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:

For
No to Dubinsky and no to this deal.

Closed Thread