HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade Talks Picking Up (Niittymaki, Ryan, Getzlaf?!?)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 04:26 AM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
No to Dubinsky and no to this deal.
Seems pretty convenient that the only defenseman we're being offered has a severe concussion, but I'm sure that's just coincidental.

Old
12-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
We could do a center prospect + a LW... but it's not going to be Schenn + JVR. That's just dumb. JVR has 40-40 potential... he's on a whole nother tier than Simmonds... that's not a casual upgrade, that's a ridiculous upgrade.

As far as Getzlaf being on another level from Richards, that is certainly disputable.

Assists/Total Points: Edge Getzlaf: Getzlaf averages .69 assists per game and .94 points per game. Richards averages .47 assists per game and .77 points per game, although these stats are skewed by Richards' early years. If we look @ the last 5 years, Getz averages .76 assists per game and 1.05 PPG. Richie averages .52 assists per game and 0.88 PPG. Still an edge for Getzlaf.

Goal Scoring: Edge Richards: Richards has potted significantly more goals than Getzlaf every year since 2007-2008 (4 straight years... and he's well on his way to a 5th straight).

Quality of Teammates: Edge Getzlaf: Richards has played w/ much less talented linemates than Getzlaf has. Getz has played w/ Perry and Ryan for the better part of his career. That's a dynamic line. Richie had Versteeg and JVR last year, and has never played w/ a player as dynamic as Perry... let alone also having someone like Ryan on his line.

Defensive Play: Edge Richards: Richards is a perennial contender for the Selke award and was the runner up for the award in 2009. Richards almost always among the leaders on his team in PK minutes. He is a defensive horse capable of shutting down anyone in the NHL.

Time on PK: Edge Richards

Time on Powerplay: Edge Getzlaf: Getzlaf has made more time on the powerplay for each of the last 4 seasons by a pretty good margin. More powerplay time = more points.

Faceoffs: Edge Richards: Richards has led Getzlaf in faceoff percentage each of the last 3 years.

So all in all, Richards scores more goals, is better on the PK, is decidedly better defensively, is better in the faceoff circle, and only loses to Getz in terms of assists / total points. BUT... Richards has played significantly less time on the powerplay than Getz has, and additionally, Richards has played on a line w/ teammates that are significantly less talented than Perry and Ryan.

To say that Getz is better than Richards is a stretch. To say that they are so far apart in value that Simmonds should be switched to JVR is ridiculous.
Try to justify all you want. Getzlaf is so far ahead if Richards and I think most GMs and fans would agree.

Old
12-31-2011, 07:52 AM
JohnnyDuck93

Getzlaf is also bigger hits more can play any way you want him to,he can playmake he can snipe, he can be gritty and is a proven winner and a leader as well
not to mention he has 440 points in 460 games played and richards has 370 points in 480 games played.I'd give the edge to Getzy.I'd say Richards is more comprable to Bobby

Old
12-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Durham Inline
INLINE EXPERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
One minor note, you are trading us Sauer and still have him in your lineup.

Its a good proposal, gives us a 2nd/3rd line tweener (more of a 2nd line guy IMO), a Stay at home #4 guy, a pretty good prospect and 2 picks, most likely in the bottom 5-8 of each round.

Im still hesitant to pull the trigger, I feel if Ryan is moves, one of the central pieces (Sauer/Dubinsky) will be a bigger asset.

If the Leafs offered:

Kulemin, Gunnarsson, McKegg, 2012 1st rounder and 2013 2nd rounder would you consider it?

Old
12-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
If the Leafs offered:

Kulemin, Gunnarsson, McKegg, 2012 1st rounder and 2013 2nd rounder would you consider it?
No, because every single asset you offered is worse than the ones the Rangers offered, minus the Picks.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
I'd rather Ryan Getzlaf then Richards 7 days a week and twice and twice on Sunday.

It is important to note that the Kings are my #2 and I absolutely loathe the Ducks since 2007.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:07 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
No, because every single asset you offered is worse than the ones the Rangers offered, minus the Picks.
McKegg also isn't going to be an NHL player.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Spare parts for Getzlaf?! YES! Where do I sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Burns View Post
These trade proposals are ridiculous, as I've mentioned previously in this thread. I've seen Getzlaf play 6-8x per season against the Sharks and as much as I hate to say it, dude is a beast. If your top (read: TOP, not just someone who is flavor of the month) player isn't going the other way then don't even bother. There is no formula of vet + prospect + pick that is going to get a top flight player like Getzlaf unless the vet and prospect are incredibly skilled.

Can't believe I just wrote that entire post DEFENDING the Ducks
Agreeing with Sharks fan, and vice versa, is very disturbing. Please don't do it again. Let's stick with irrational hatred.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
McKegg also isn't going to be an NHL player.
I'm running low on money, what are the lotto numbers?

Old
12-31-2011, 10:56 AM
avsfan9

don't really understand these types of moves, who can they possibly get for getzlaf that is going to make their team better. bobby ryan not so much but is still a significant player. even if they get a lottary pick and a roster player for getz i really don't think grigerenco, yakupov or forsberg is going to be as good as getzlaf so why even risk it.

Old
12-31-2011, 10:59 AM
The Big Foot

How come every Toronto offer always has the same spare parts in it?

Anyways, here's something that I think might make Anaheim think about trading Getz to the Leafs:

Kadri
Schenn
Kulemin

for Getzlaf

Leafs fans, you gotta give up to get. If you want that big top line centre, you're going to have to give up some blue chips.

Old
12-31-2011, 11:02 AM
boredmale

For all the flack Eklund gets, why doesn't Dreger get more? Both seem to have roughly the same hit/miss ratio

Old
12-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
For all the flack Eklund gets, why doesn't Dreger get more? Both seem to have roughly the same hit/miss ratio
Because Dregger just reports rumors. He doesn't say this team gets this player, D5. He also stays within rationality more. He said Turris would get traded, possibly today and 24 hours later he was moved. Guy is 10x more credible then Elktard.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:30 PM
BrownBeaut*

Ana-tor

To Anaheim: Nikolai Kulemin, Clarke MacArthur, Keith Aulie, TOR 2nd round pick 2013

To Toronto: Bobby Ryan

Old
12-31-2011, 01:33 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
Bergie, Schwartz and a 1st is def not enough for Getzlaf, they won' t be alone bidding for him.

I can see these teams giving better offers than yours, on theother hand the previous offer would definitely top these off, it's very rare that such a high caliber center is available and the price is always extremely expensive.

NYR Dubinsky, Erixon, Kreider and a 1st or 2nd
PHI Schenn, Couturier and Meszaros
BUF Roy, Armia, 1st
MIN Clutterbuck, Granlund a 1st and 2nd
The Flyers have no need for Getzlaf and They certainly wouldn't give up both Schenn & Couturier in the same deal.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:39 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I'm running low on money, what are the lotto numbers?
58 61 10 2 7 18 99

Old
12-31-2011, 01:45 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBeaut View Post
Strange enough I was under the impression the Ducks wanted quantity over quality. Look where the RPG line has gotten them? No where.
They have 0 depth.

All the people who reported he was available said it would be for 2 top 6 forwards, a prospect, and a pick.
Where's the center?

We won't trade Ryan for wing depth, we have plenty of up and comers on the wings. If Ryan were to be traded, I'm pretty sure it's going to be to improve the team up the middle.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:46 PM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBeaut View Post
To Anaheim: Nikolai Kulemin, Clarke MacArthur, Keith Aulie, TOR 2nd round pick 2013

No thanks from Toronto. Love the idea of Ryan in a Leaf uniform, but this is an overpayment.

Aulie has some stuff to work out, but he has the speed, mobility and huge size to be a scary shut down defender. Kulemin and MacArthur are a pair of second liners in their primes capable of 50-60 points, and solid two-way games. 2nds are 2nds. I'm not adverse to seeing these assets moved. This is just not the package.

Drop the pick, swap Grabovski with Kulemin?

Old
12-31-2011, 01:47 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Didn't a thread with almost the exact same proposal get closed recently?

Old
12-31-2011, 01:48 PM
BrownBeaut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Where's the center?

We won't trade Ryan for wing depth, we have plenty of up and comers on the wings. If Ryan were to be traded, I'm pretty sure it's going to be to improve the team up the middle.
You could replace MacArthur with Bozak who is looking like he will be a solid 2nd line center.
Or if you'd like switch him with Grabovski but the problem is he is a pending UFA (good friends with Kulemin though so may resign...)

Old
12-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

That would be a huge loss for us. Love the idea of Ryan as a Leaf but it's not worth it in my opinion.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
SIDGENO8771

To Anaheim: Mikhael Grabovski, Nikolai Kulemin/Clarke MacArthur, Cody Franson,2012 2nd
and if u dont want Grabovski, take Lombardi, and forget telling me that Grabovski is going to be a UFA

Old
12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Try to justify all you want. Getzlaf is so far ahead if Richards and I think most GMs and fans would agree.
Try to justify all I want?

What am I justifying? I gave an unbiased evaluation of what Getzlaf really is versus what Richie really is. I ranked them in several categories... and I don't think you can argue a single one of the categories... all of my evaluations there are correct.

You might want to believe Getzlaf is on some pedestal, but he isn't.

And given the comments about his lack of effort and the fact that Richards is totally outplaying him this year, I really, really think you're totally off base in suggesting that Getzlaf is worth a #2 overall pick w/ 40-40 potential more than Richards. And I feel pretty confident that if that was the price, we wouldn't be buying... and I doubt anyone else in the NHL would be either.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:00 PM
ericnut

Start with Schenn.

Old
12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
BrownBeaut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Start with Schenn.