HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Hi, I am Jared Cowen....

Old
12-23-2011, 10:48 AM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I've watched him since he was 16 and I thought it would take him at least til his second year to show this much poise with the puck. Even last year when he scored so many points he still didn't handle the puck well, he would get all his points from his shot and rebounds

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
I'd actually think he's just as important to Karlsson. In a different way.

They are like two peas in a pod, they are actually going to BOTH be huge to our team over the next few years. And both their developments are going to be huge.

If both Karlsson and Cowen develop the way they have been, so far, we are going to have ONE HELL OF A TOP pairing.
I've been saying that for a while now... a Seabrook-Keith pairing version Ottawa

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
I've been saying that for a while now... a Seabrook-Keith pairing version Ottawa
If they reach upside or close to it, they may be better.

That play early on last night where Cowen broke down and took a pass and then quickly released on goal was just soooooooo encouraging.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:57 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

The year we drafted Cowen was like the only year I kept praying that Cowen landed to us and we took him and it actually happened.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
The year we drafted Cowen was like the only year I kept praying that Cowen landed to us and we took him and it actually happened.
And he's probably at least a little better already than you envisioned.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:01 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
And he's probably at least a little better already than you envisioned.
Totally, and my wording was idiotic on that last post since obviously Cowen was only drafted 1 year. I meant it was the only year where I really wanted a player badly and he dropped to us and we actually took the guy I wanted.

I mean, a big guy with foot speed and possible offensive ability, that knee injury actually helped us cause if he never had it, he probably never drops to us. Just like Hossa.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Totally, and my wording was idiotic on that last post since obviously Cowen was only drafted 1 year. I meant it was the only year where I really wanted a player badly and he dropped to us and we actually took the guy I wanted.

I mean, a big guy with foot speed and possible offensive ability, that knee injury actually helped us cause if he never had it, he probably never drops to us. Just like Hossa.
His foot speed is incredible. It's a real sight to see him blast down the ice with the forwards....and his seek and destroy of Christian Ehrhoff the other night was huge.

He doesn't get out of the top 5 without that knee injury. I like this guys future more than Evander Kane's and I seriously think he could compete for spots with Team Canada down the road.

Old
12-23-2011, 12:34 PM
ShotDownCrosby

The thing I love about Cowen is his maturity. He looks beyonf his years!

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Alfredsson11

Extra year of junior made a huge difference, hes going to be very good and a very important player for us

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:09 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
His foot speed is incredible. It's a real sight to see him blast down the ice with the forwards....and his seek and destroy of Christian Ehrhoff the other night was huge.

He doesn't get out of the top 5 without that knee injury. I like this guys future more than Evander Kane's and I seriously think he could compete for spots with Team Canada down the road.
I wanted to post this earlier in this thread but didn't want to jinx it! But I definitely agree. I don't think it's that far off either. If Ottawa doesn't make the playoffs this year, would it be that surprising to see him play for Team Canada at the WHC?

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
I wanted to post this earlier in this thread but didn't want to jinx it! But I definitely agree. I don't think it's that far off either. If Ottawa doesn't make the playoffs this year, would it be that surprising to see him play for Team Canada at the WHC?
Almost a Guarentee, he is much better, in my opinion, then Shenn was the years he got the invites, and hockey Canada is very familiar with him.

Pilgore88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
If the season ended today, and we were out of the playoffs it would be a huge snub if they didn't take this guy.

This is exactly the type of player just out of junior, playing top 4 minutes and has thrived in a short stint with #1 Dman minutes that they need to identify and put the sweater on.

The guys been flawless all year and now were seeing him play with some offense and he's playing with offense very intelligently.

If he can keep it up, he might work his way into consideration for the 2014 team. They aren't overly strong on the left side and I expect he'll be closer than Schenn who some people think might be close.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:42 PM
4thliner*

Quote:

Sens drafted Hossa b4 he suffered the knee injury against Guelph in a dirty play in the memorial cup final.

They just did their homework that year in 1997 and got the top player from Europe at 16. He didn't drop due to injury or anything. In fact he was already THN #1 ranked prospect in the world in March of 98 before he suffered that knee injury in May.

4thliner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:54 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Sens drafted Hossa b4 he suffered the knee injury against Guelph in a dirty play in the memorial cup final.

They just did their homework that year in 1997 and got the top player from Europe at 16. He didn't drop due to injury or anything. In fact he was already THN #1 ranked prospect in the world in March of 98 before he suffered that knee injury in May.
Ah for somereason thought the knee injury was before we drafted him.