HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

how many picks do we have for the 2005 draft?

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2004, 07:02 AM
in the hall

vCash: 500
how many picks do we have for the 2005 draft?

if anyone remembers, this would be very helpful

thanks

Old
09-30-2004, 07:03 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
if anyone remembers, this would be very helpful

thanks
http://www.outsidethegarden.com/draftpicks.asp

Rangers have 11 picks...all 9 of their original picks, plus 2nd rounders from Toronto and Philadelphia

Old
09-30-2004, 07:16 AM
sathershouldgo

vCash:
That's gonna be huge Fish. I hear the draft is supposed to be very strong this year. Even if there is no season and the Craps or Penguins get Crosby we still should get a dominant player at our spot not to mention having 3 second rounders. That was very smart by Sather for a change. Breaking up the draft picks over 2 years.

I was shocked how many second rounders teams gave us. I know the draft wasn't supposed to be great last year but teams were giving up second rounders for that year and this year like it was nothing. A second rounder Malakhov? Helminen and a 2 for Nedved? I think Barnaby got a second rounder along with Liffiton as we gave up a 3rd. I know Leetch got a second and 1st rounder along with 2 prospects. That was a steal. Leetch is about done. A two for Rucinsky along with that clown prospect. Rucinsky is old and about done as well.

Why O why didn't we do this 3 years ago. I wanted to dump Leetch 3 years ago as people were crying. We could have gotten a boat load more then we got and we got a lot.

You can see by the World's that Leetch clearly is average now and needs a young team that can carry him for long stretches.

Old
09-30-2004, 07:23 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
http://www.outsidethegarden.com/draftpicks.asp

Rangers have 11 picks...all 9 of their original picks, plus 2nd rounders from Toronto and Philadelphia
I didn't think of checking there, now I know. thanks Fish

Old
09-30-2004, 07:27 AM
sathershouldgo

vCash:
Oh man. I forgot we got a number 2 and Balej for Kovalev. Montreal's GM must have been coming out of a dance club over there when he made that deal

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-30-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Old
09-30-2004, 08:46 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathershouldgo
That was very smart by Sather for a change. Breaking up the draft picks over 2 years.
I must argue that Sather is not as smart as you give him credit for. The Teams that gave us second round picks this year already traded theirs last year (2004). So in order to collect a 2nd rounder from these teams we HAD to take a 2005 second rounder. I'm glad it worked out that way as I knew the 2005 would be stronger, even as a 2004 second rounder has more value than a 2005 second rounder based on the fact that it is closer. As long as we see the player contribute at the NHL level, I don't care. Knowing Sather, he'll probably trade some of those picks to fill out roster spots.

Old
09-30-2004, 06:33 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

all i know is i think this draft will be a very big part of the NYR's future imo.

i mean 11 picks, 1 in the first and 3 in the second is awesome hopefully sather can pull some sort of a deal and get us 2 first rounders by moving 2 seconds and probably a b prsopect as we will then have 2 first rounders and 1 second which would be great. this is a big draft and very heavy with solid prospects big chance for sather to pick up some prime guys and hope they can be where nyr starts at .

to use all these picks is important , plus i also would like to see some american guys or atleast north american players selected as i dont look foward to a team of europeans.

but since its still8 months away no need to get worked up yet

Old
09-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Ed Giacomin

Any clue as to if there will be a draft next year if there is no season. If yes, do you keep the same position and lottery odds? They might as well figure it out now as the possibility of a season is slim and none.

Old
09-30-2004, 09:31 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Giacomin
Any clue as to if there will be a draft next year if there is no season. If yes, do you keep the same position and lottery odds? They might as well figure it out now as the possibility of a season is slim and none.
no one knows...what happens with the draft if there is no season is an issue that will have to be resolved after the lockout ends.

Old
09-30-2004, 09:47 PM
NYRangers

Were still going to have more picks. My guess is Dunham is traded for a 2nd at the deadline. Like Salo last year, as a backup.

Old
09-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Were still going to have more picks. My guess is Dunham is traded for a 2nd at the deadline. Like Salo last year, as a backup.
Assuming there is a season, I doubt we'd get the same return as Edmonton did for Salo. Salo has been much more consistant and healthy in his career. And has much better numbers. Salo has had real playoff experience and has played in a number of international tournaments. Dunham has absolutely no experience as a starter in either.

In fact, I don't see why a playoff bound team would even consider Dunham as "playoff insurance". Assuming both play well, Weekes would be much more marketable come the deadline.

Sather made all the easy veteran for youth trades last year. He's going to have to give up some kids if he wants more next season.

Old
09-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Edge

Unless Dunham plays the hockey of his life, he isn't going anywhere for any real value. We might get a later pick for him, but anyone expected to get a nice return {considering his cost} is gonna be disappointed.

Old
10-01-2004, 08:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Mike Dunham's contract expires after this season.His contract comes off the books.That's all that matters

Closed Thread