HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Stephen Weiss

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2011, 03:41 AM
  #1
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
A cbssports fantasy update reported that Weiss was already ruled against the B's. If anyone can find out the severity of his "upper body" injury feel free to enlighten everyone.
Really sucks he's going to be out.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:53 AM
  #2
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
It has been discussed already in the Cats Sens GDT. GR reported last night that he was out against the Bs. Hopefully they sent him home already so he can get an extra days rest. The good thing is we dont play again until Tuesday, so hopefully he will be good to go by then. Out of all the players on this team, Weiss is the last player we want out for an extended period of time. He is THAT important to this team. And Lindsay needs to be fired for jinxing the team last night, saying how we were lucky that none of the top line players have been out yet, except for the one game for Steeger.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:00 AM
  #3
Frek
WE SEE RED!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PSL, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 747
vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
It has been discussed already in the Cats Sens GDT. GR reported last night that he was out against the Bs. Hopefully they sent him home already so he can get an extra days rest. The good thing is we dont play again until Tuesday, so hopefully he will be good to go by then. Out of all the players on this team, Weiss is the last player we want out for an extended period of time. He is THAT important to this team. And Lindsay needs to be fired for jinxing the team last night, saying how we were lucky that none of the top line players have been out yet, except for the one game for Steeger.
I really hope you're right. Losing Weiss on top of the other 6 forwards is going to really affect us.

Frek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:24 AM
  #4
billysbreakdown
Registered User
 
billysbreakdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,318
vCash: 235
#FlaPanthers recalling C Mark Cullen from San Antonio to replace Stephen Weiss

-GR

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:33 AM
  #5
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,831
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
#FlaPanthers recalling C Mark Cullen from San Antonio to replace Stephen Weiss

-GR
Hardly

Not sure I like the use of the word replace, maybe "fill in" would be better.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:45 AM
  #6
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Goldie tweeted me, saying he thinks Weiss is out until at least Tuesdays game, and that game depends on how he feels then.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:50 AM
  #7
Catsfan7
Registered User
 
Catsfan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
GR Twitter-
Quote:
#FlaPanthers PR now telling me team may not recall anyone today; I was told at Garden that it was Cullen. We'll see. Go w/ 7 D v #Bruins?

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 12:03 PM
  #8
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
GR Twitter-
I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I'll adjust the GDT if so, but that's risky. We have been awful with 7 D. Kinda need all the help we can get so I'm not sure what's better.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:44 PM
  #9
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I'll adjust the GDT if so, but that's risky. We have been awful with 7 D. Kinda need all the help we can get so I'm not sure what's better.
Maybe its better for the injury to Weiss, meaning he will only miss tonights game? I hope so!

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:45 PM
  #10
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I'm not sure if that's better or worse. I'll adjust the GDT if so, but that's risky. We have been awful with 7 D. Kinda need all the help we can get so I'm not sure what's better.
Oh god not the dreaded 7 dmen.....

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:18 AM
  #11
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,831
vCash: 50
Weiss out for Tuesday's game

Weiss, the team's first-half MVP according to Tallon, missed his first game of the season Friday after sustaining an upper-body injury early in Thursday's loss to Ottawa.

"He'll get a couple of days off, but he was fairly tender there last night and I'm not expecting him for our game against [Toronto] Tuesday as well," Dineen said

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:56 AM
  #12
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,313
vCash: 500
LOL @ AG and PR!!!! Great way to jinx it boys!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:57 AM
  #13
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,313
vCash: 500
Does it count as 7 men if Sire Dineen moves Kuli up?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:33 PM
  #14
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,035
vCash: 500
Was talking to Rattrick briefly and he pointed out again the difference in-game that Weiss makes. I don't think the score would have been near that high had he been in and healthy. Add in Dineen's recently calling him the "glue" of this team and teammates acknowledging that (according to Billy and Goldie), he's probably going to get the C soon. And I think he retires a Panther.

I was iffy on him getting the C before the season began, but not anymore. He's really elevated his game, others look to him, and he's clearly a game changer on the ice.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:08 PM
  #15
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Was talking to Rattrick briefly and he pointed out again the difference in-game that Weiss makes. I don't think the score would have been near that high had he been in and healthy. Add in Dineen's recently calling him the "glue" of this team and teammates acknowledging that (according to Billy and Goldie), he's probably going to get the C soon. And I think he retires a Panther.

I was iffy on him getting the C before the season began, but not anymore. He's really elevated his game, others look to him, and he's clearly a game changer on the ice.
I was against Weiss being Captain prior to this season. He did, IMHO, little to earn a C except for his allegiance.. This is a different Weiss, more character and leadership then exhibited prior. Whether its due to finally having a solid team around him, or a maturing process, I don't know I'm just enjoying it.

I still believe Campbell is as good a choice as Weiss; perhaps better. nevertheless I would be very comfortable with either as a selection.

Most of all I have complete faith that Dineen, a three time captain himself, will make the right choice being in the locker room himself. I believe he is clearly leaning to Weiss. I also dont think Campbell would be offended at all


Last edited by adam graves: 12-24-2011 at 01:14 PM.
adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 11:16 AM
  #16
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,704
vCash: 500
We need him and Goc back asap.

Feliz Navidad everyone!

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:38 PM
  #17
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,334
vCash: 500
Weiss should be back next week. Thank you Santa!!!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:22 PM
  #18
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,313
vCash: 500
He's got the vote of at least 3 STHers!

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:34 PM
  #19
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I was against Weiss being Captain prior to this season. He did, IMHO, little to earn a C except for his allegiance.. This is a different Weiss, more character and leadership then exhibited prior. Whether its due to finally having a solid team around him, or a maturing process, I don't know I'm just enjoying it.

I still believe Campbell is as good a choice as Weiss; perhaps better. nevertheless I would be very comfortable with either as a selection.

Most of all I have complete faith that Dineen, a three time captain himself, will make the right choice being in the locker room himself. I believe he is clearly leaning to Weiss. I also dont think Campbell would be offended at all
I feel the same way, I have complete trust in Dineen's judgement.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:35 PM
  #20
Boooooth10
Registered User
 
Boooooth10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 500
He wasn't at practice today. I really hope he's back soon.


None of the other injured guys were there either. Guds was still playing forward, and he was practicing redirecting the puck in front of the net with Dineen shooting the pucks at him.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:58 PM
  #21
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,831
vCash: 50
Crap, we need to find a way to get through this week. Hopefully well pick up at least 2-3 points.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 08:23 AM
  #22
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,478
vCash: 500
Why do i feel like the panthers always do a wonderful job NEVER telling us the length and extent of each of our players injuries?

In cities like toronto they want to know the exact time frame as soon as the player walks off the ice.


It sucks for fans right now because i have no idea when or who to expect to be back soon, not come back for a long time, etc.

I just wish i had a sheet saying heres the injury and heres our best estimate of when they will be back.


Im really getting sick and tired of having a guy like matt bradley on our second line. Lets go conditioning and training what the **** is going on down there.

Every game that goes by that were missing these guys is turning into points that we desperately need and keep losing in the standings.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:57 AM
  #23
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Why do i feel like the panthers always do a wonderful job NEVER telling us the length and extent of each of our players injuries?

In cities like toronto they want to know the exact time frame as soon as the player walks off the ice.


It sucks for fans right now because i have no idea when or who to expect to be back soon, not come back for a long time, etc.

I just wish i had a sheet saying heres the injury and heres our best estimate of when they will be back.


Im really getting sick and tired of having a guy like matt bradley on our second line. Lets go conditioning and training what the **** is going on down there.

Every game that goes by that were missing these guys is turning into points that we desperately need and keep losing in the standings.
Dude, Matt Bradley is NOT on our 2nd line.




















.......he's on the 1st line.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:11 AM
  #24
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,003
vCash: 500
Weiss out for today. Cullen centering.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
  #25
GoRatsGo
LGP
 
GoRatsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Weiss out for today. Cullen centering.
Awesome.

GoRatsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.