HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Milwaukee FINALLY releases training camp roster

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2004, 02:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Milwaukee FINALLY releases training camp roster

http://www.admirals-crew.com/Roster.html

tons of invites, no one notable. mostly journeymen AHL\ECHL\UHL guys, though a couple of juniors. Mukhachev is listed.

Old
09-29-2004, 03:03 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I don't recognize any of the ECHL guys.

Old
09-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

I recognized 21 names, that's all...pretty much the guys who were on the team last year.

Old
09-29-2004, 09:12 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
DuFour and Ruid played pretty well for Wheeling last year and got called up to WBS a couple of times if I'm not mistaken

Old
09-29-2004, 09:27 AM
leafaholix*

Geez, that's a lot of Canadians.

25 of 34.

Old
09-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Geez, that's a lot of Canadians.

25 of 34.

its 25 of 35...and only 3 aren't from North America

Old
09-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Does anyone know anything about the goalies we invited? I'm assuming that we will almost undoubtedly see one of them in action sometime this year...maybe we could find a gem .

09-29-2004, 12:44 PM
saskhab

So this is where Seamus Kotyk ended up. Had awesome numbers last year in the AHL, but was moved out of the deep San Jose goaltending pool. Kotyk will make the team easily as the 1b behind Finley.

Surprised Mason didn't try and negotiate an AHL contract, he could use the playing time. Where's he playing this year?

Old
09-29-2004, 05:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
So this is where Seamus Kotyk ended up. Had awesome numbers last year in the AHL, but was moved out of the deep San Jose goaltending pool. Kotyk will make the team easily as the 1b behind Finley.

Surprised Mason didn't try and negotiate an AHL contract, he could use the playing time. Where's he playing this year?

he was supposed to play in the OSHL, but i guess that won't be happening. Mason resigned a brand new NHL contract in the early summer, so i don't know if he would have been eligible. Besides, the Preds want Finley to be the clear cut number 1, and Mason would have cut into that.

Old
09-30-2004, 05:17 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
NMK, in another thread, you mentioned how you were looking forward to seeing Mukhachev play in the AHL this year. Have you heard anything on that front? Last I checked, he's playing in the RSL. Was he just waiting for the AHL to start?

Old
09-30-2004, 05:26 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
NMK, in another thread, you mentioned how you were looking forward to seeing Mukhachev play in the AHL this year. Have you heard anything on that front? Last I checked, he's playing in the RSL. Was he just waiting for the AHL to start?

he's listed on the training camp roster for milwaukee...which was only released two days ago, so i think he's expected to be there.

Old
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
he's listed on the training camp roster for milwaukee...which was only released two days ago, so i think he's expected to be there.
But there are several examples of players listed but not attending. Had you heard if he is going to attend or just that they hope/think he will. It starts tomorrow.

Old
09-30-2004, 05:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
But there are several examples of players listed but not attending. Had you heard if he is going to attend or just that they hope/think he will. It starts tomorrow.

it started today...but only about 8 people showed up...hamhuis, tootoo, zanon, gamache..a few others. i guess the "official" camp starts tomorrow.

Old
09-30-2004, 05:52 PM
ZombieMatt

I'm a bit surprised to see Luke Pelham's name on that list. He's currently playing as an overager I believe with the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL). He's hugely popular with the fan. I'll have to listen for any public announcement that's made on Sunday at their next home game.

Old
09-30-2004, 05:58 PM
Eriks

Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Today was the official start, but it was not a mandatory practice. In the end it was closer to 14 players who appeared. Notably the first two to arrive were Dan Hamhuis and Ryan Suter, who appear to be a "skating pair". I'm guessing Hammer is mentoring Ryan on what its like to be a #1 and in the AHL. They looked very smooth together on the ice, and left together when they exited the building.

Other notable attendees: Brandon Segal, Simon Gamache, Scott Reid (#3 Goalie), Greg Zanon, Jordin Tootoo.

A number of other players were there, some of which will not be here in two weeks time. WTMJ 4 was present and interviewed Tootoo and Gamache after practice, though the reporter was clueless on what he was doing. I sort gritted my teeth and hung my recorder out, but not much useful. I'll be going to practice both Saturday and Sunday as tomorrow is closed to the Public and Media both.

Among the early impressions: Hamhuis, Tootoo, Segal, and Gamache appeared to be the leaders, but then again, thats not surprising of the ones out there today. We'll see where things are when everyone else is out there.

Old
09-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriks
Today was the official start, but it was not a mandatory practice. In the end it was closer to 14 players who appeared. Notably the first two to arrive were Dan Hamhuis and Ryan Suter, who appear to be a "skating pair". I'm guessing Hammer is mentoring Ryan on what its like to be a #1 and in the AHL. They looked very smooth together on the ice, and left together when they exited the building.

This is good to hear I'm drooling already!

Old
10-01-2004, 01:23 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

is it just me, or is hearing hockey related news really exciting? i was an admiral fan last year, but it's going to be fun having them as my number one team, this year.

Old
10-01-2004, 07:45 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis
I'm a bit surprised to see Luke Pelham's name on that list. He's currently playing as an overager I believe with the Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL). He's hugely popular with the fan. I'll have to listen for any public announcement that's made on Sunday at their next home game.
Pelham was also at the rookie camp here in Nashville this July. I remember him being tall and really skinny and not terribly impressive.

Old
10-01-2004, 12:03 PM
ZombieMatt

Yup, that's pretty much Pelham. I mean, he's not a bad hockey player, really, he just really seems to have a tough time putting it all together. Sometimes he'll stickhandle well, but be skating slow/off balance. Other times he's gliding out there but can't make a pass to save his life. But he does stick up for his teammates (not just with dropping the gloves but with good clean checks in response to big hits, getting involved in shoving matches, etc), is willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team, and all around appears to be well liked by teh team and fans. *shrug* He's played a decent amount with Bernier/Pineault (splitting time with Stephane Goulet it seems), so I'm wondering who will fill the void in his absence.

Old
10-01-2004, 01:02 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt MacInnis
Yup, that's pretty much Pelham. I mean, he's not a bad hockey player, really, he just really seems to have a tough time putting it all together. Sometimes he'll stickhandle well, but be skating slow/off balance. Other times he's gliding out there but can't make a pass to save his life. But he does stick up for his teammates (not just with dropping the gloves but with good clean checks in response to big hits, getting involved in shoving matches, etc), is willing to sacrifice his body for the good of the team, and all around appears to be well liked by teh team and fans. *shrug* He's played a decent amount with Bernier/Pineault (splitting time with Stephane Goulet it seems), so I'm wondering who will fill the void in his absence.
Hey, if the kid could bulk up some and if he is good at D he might not be a terrible player. I highly doubt the NHL is in his future, but he could be an AHL guy.

Closed Thread