HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/23/11 "Coal In Your Stocking" - Panthers VS Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2011, 08:17 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeanie17 View Post
Well it wasn't the exciting game I had hoped for. Of course it was "fun" for me as I was the lucky one to be the fan of the lopsided victor. I would have prefered a close one tbh much more fun to watch.

Don't take all "The B's are the best team blah blah blah stuff to personal.(Although we are a very, very good team, when healthy you guys have been too.) It's a team GDT that's just the kind of stuff thats said in GDT.

Anyways here's hoping that your team gets back to good health soon.(You'll see no such wish sent to the Habs fans btw ) Have a happy holidays all.
Thank you for the sentiments. Believe me, Habs are seen as trespassers here. It'll be interesting to see that grow into a true rivalry next season with the Canads.

Old
12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Does anyone remember the 8-0 drubbing the panthers gave toronto at the ACC about three years ago. This game reminded me of that. With every goal it just becomes more comical. Regardless of what side your team is on.

I was at the panthers game 4 years ago when we lost 7-0 to Los Angeles. By the end of the game 90% of the arena was gone. But i still had fun. Sometimes a beatdown of epic proportions helps a team capture focus and is a rare sight for fans of the nhl.

Old
12-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011020508

I missed the last game I'm gonna miss for awhile...but watching the highlights and looking at the stats afterward, namely defensive TOI and +/-...

I have to ask those who saw the game, do the stats match up? Was Guds our best D man tonight? Jovo worst? Garrison numbers look consistent to his play...

For those who saw the whole game, can you please give the compare/contrast analysis on the stat sheet/actual gameplay?
Surprisingly Guds played as a forward on the 3rd or 4th line, I don't remember which one it was. And yes, he looked as good as you would expect a defenseman to play as a forward for the first time in the NHL.

Old
12-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Beezeral

Real quick. What did Edwards say this time that has everyone upset?

Old
12-24-2011, 10:29 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Series to date:
Panthers 2 Bruins 0
Bruins 8 Rampage 0

Each team gets 2 points. Old baseball adage sometimes its better to lose 8-0 than 2-1.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HANNUKAH TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Old
12-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
jets tie 1-1. I cant wait to watch the jets on a long road trip. Talk about Dr.Jeckyl and Mr.Hyde. The jets are two totally different teams at home and on the road.
The Jets will be dead tired by March with their brutal travel. They aren't a threat this season.

Old
12-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
The christmas break couldnt have come to a better time. Hopefully we are able to see a few regurlars back soon in the lineup! The AHL players dont really help us at all. If it would be guys like Howden and Huberdeau but otherwise..
Anyway, I am glad Theo had such a game against Boston where it was expected.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Yeah, they can play hockey but seems like they won't be able to help with production while the regulars are out. Kennedy looks like the best one out there. Hopefully Tallon's restocking of the shelves can not only come through with talent that will jump straight to the NHL, but also have a good collection of players down in the A.

-ghoste

Old
12-24-2011, 01:23 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Real quick. What did Edwards say this time that has everyone upset?

Believe me it's never one thing. It's just his overall style of calling the game. You know when someone says something dumb and you can't help but feel embarrassed for them...Well that's pretty much every game with Edwards. I don't know the majority of B's fans seem to like him though.

Old
12-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The Jets will be dead tired by March with their brutal travel. They aren't a threat this season.
Yeah, they may be able to make some tweaks, but I'm not concerned, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvartalnov10 View Post
Believe me it's never one thing. It's just his overall style of calling the game. You know when someone says something dumb and you can't help but feel embarrassed for them...Well that's pretty much every game with Edwards. I don't know the majority of B's fans seem to like him though.
Yeah, pretty much. He was carrying on about the Bruins having a killer instinct and having constant cans of whoop ass to open on the 3rd best team in the East, with the second highest lead in their Division...but in between he'd mention that we're much better than this, that we have 7 forwards out, etc. It's like he forgot every time the B's did anything, it was weird. He's just a nerd.

12-24-2011, 01:34 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, they may be able to make some tweaks, but I'm not concerned, either.

Yeah, pretty much. He was carrying on about the Bruins having a killer instinct and having constant cans of whoop ass to open on the 3rd best team in the East, with the second highest lead in their Division...but in between he'd mention that we're much better than this, that we have 7 forwards out, etc. It's like he forgot every time the B's did anything, it was weird. He's just a nerd.

Yea he's way too overzealous. My father who has been a fan since the 60's refuses to listen to him

Old
12-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yea he's way too overzealous. My father who has been a fan since the 60's refuses to listen to him
Awesome! We have to suffer through Lindsay, but I'd take him over Edwards all day.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:19 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
growing up the Rangers had a lunatic named bill chadwick my dad loved. but never would never ever dis another team to the degree this clown Edwards did.

Old
12-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 248
Bruins fan here.

I hope you get your players back soon. You guys were off to such a great start.

See you in the playoffs.

Merry Christmas to all

12-24-2011, 02:41 PM
maahchand10

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
growing up the Rangers had a lunatic named bill chadwick my dad loved. but never would never ever dis another team to the degree this clown Edwards did.
The funniest part is his partner Andy Brickley who is an excellent color guy looooves putting Edwards in his place Sometimes its obvious he can't stand him either. It's pretty bad when you can't even enjoy watching your own team because of some ***clown

Old
12-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Caps are our only threat.

I think only one team from our division will make playoffs this year, so either we're in at number 3, or we're out of playoffs again. It will be close.

Closed Thread