HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acc

Old
12-23-2011, 03:05 PM
ThreeHundred

vCash: 500
Guys the ACC is so quiet compared to some other stadiums. I went to Buffalo last week when Toronto played them and that place was rocking, I dont think I can go back to the ACC after that game. When you look around, there's no one wearing suits. The crazy part was the Toronto fans that showed up. They were soooo Loud! True die hearts made the game more enjoyable.

The Leafs over price the tickets and it really shows when you sit in the lower level at the ACC. I went to 2 games in Toronto and sadly I can say it wasn't that fun. It was very very quiet. Lower the ticket prices for the Lower Bowl and then you'll see HOSTILE the crowd will get when die hearts are sitting there.

The fans at the lower level from what I saw when I went didn't know what was going on half the time. The music is so bad and outdated. Go to another Hockey Stadium and then go to the ACC, you'll be shocked! I met a Hockey analyst from CBC and he also admitted that he heard from fans and others, how poor the music and environment was at the ACC.

Last edited by ThreeHundred: 12-23-2011 at 03:10 PM.
ThreeHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
bigred50

vCash: 50
Yeah, unfortunately the ACC is pretty lame for Leafs games. Complete lack of atmosphere... maybe that will change in the playoffs.

By no means can it be compared to Montreal, Philly, Chicago, Winnipeg (which has been incredible since the Jets return!). Heck, I've been to a couple of games in Florida (Leafs v. Panthers, and Habs v. Panthers) with better and more excited crowds than you see here in TO.

bigred50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:12 PM
ThreeHundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
When we're winning, it's pretty hard to beat the atmosphere in TO. Debatable with Montreal obviously (as is everything), but it's special.
I disagree, Montreal is much louder than Toronto even when Toronto is winning. Toronto isn't that loud even when we win. We should have the loudest stadium in the league considering how crazy our fans are

Old
12-23-2011, 03:20 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream team43 View Post
Guys the ACC is so quiet compared to some other stadiums. I went to Buffalo last week when Toronto played them and that place was rocking, I dont think I can go back to the ACC after that game. When you look around, there's no one wearing suits. The crazy part was the Toronto fans that showed up. They were soooo Loud! True die hearts made the game more enjoyable.

The Leafs over price the tickets and it really shows when you sit in the lower level at the ACC. I went to 2 games in Toronto and sadly I can say it wasn't that fun. It was very very quiet. Lower the ticket prices for the Lower Bowl and then you'll see HOSTILE the crowd will get when die hearts are sitting there.

The fans at the lower level from what I saw when I went didn't know what was going on half the time. The music is so bad and outdated. Go to another Hockey Stadium and then go to the ACC, you'll be shocked! I met a Hockey analyst from CBC and he also admitted that he heard from fans and others, how poor the music and environment was at the ACC.
I agree with you 100%

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:22 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

I was at the game last night. Unbelievable how loud out was. So much fun

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:24 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

Quote:
I disagree, Montreal is much louder than Toronto even when Toronto is winning. Toronto isn't that loud even when we win. We should have the loudest stadium in the league considering how crazy our fans are
5 years w/o playoffs does that.

Regarding how we should have the loudest stadium, it's very likely that the crazy fans (80% of us) can't afford to see Leaf games consistently cause of the prices.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:30 PM
RedRenegade

Ya, it was a good crowd last night. When I was looking down into the lower bowl endzone area I said to my dad there's a lot of blue and white jerseys down there. For whatever reason (Christmas maybe?) I think there were a lot of fans there that were more into the game than usual. We had a solid go leafs go chant going in the first period. Some games it doesn't start til the 3rd.

After the first goal the MILLER chant was awesome. We got pretty loud on those too.

RedRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:01 PM
ThreeHundred

That's good it was loud yesterday, hopefully it stays that way!

The loudest I've heard it was 1999 Game 2 vs Philly with 2mins left. Youtube it

Old
12-23-2011, 04:09 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Hahaha so funny how 0:49 wasn't a penalty. Couldn't get more blatant. Refs probably just were letting them play but come on.

And wow, ya that was great. Loved the crowd, loved every player on that ice too. Miss that!
You must be very young, stuff like that happened all the time pre-lock-out.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Epictetus
Create yourself.

vCash: 155
Quote:
That's good it was loud yesterday, hopefully it stays that way!

The loudest I've heard it was 1999 Game 2 vs Philly with 2mins left. Youtube it
I think this is what you are referring to, and I completely agree.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Leafidelity

vCash: 1775
If you build it (a playoff team), they (the fans) will come.

Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGHeR View Post
I just love it when the ACC is as loud as it was vs the Sabres. I really think the fans helped us a lot to get those 2pts. It sucks because most of the time the building is very quiet. What happened to the days when the ACC was rocking all the time? I seriously believe the reason we've been struggling on home ice is because the fans show no support. Let's try and fix this?
You got to be kidding me. What do you want the real fans to do, fork up a mortgage to overpay the corporate lower bowl seats, just to make noise and 'help the team'? We've been filling up the damn ACC for the past half a decade of some of the worst hockey this team has EVER seen.

**** outta here with that ********.

Brewsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:25 PM
goleafsgo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I could carry a Ford F-150, on my back, up a hill, after watching that
My fav. game of all time too. Found it hilarious Tucker dropped like he was shot. But what a great back and forth contest!

goleafsgo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 04:31 PM
ThreeHundred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I think this is what you are referring to, and I completely agree.

Yeah this is it! It was so loud! I've never heard it that loud probably anywhere

Yeah I mean if the tickets were a lot cheaper than a lot more die hearts would come. It costs 500.00 for front row seats at the ACC vs 120.00 in Buffalo. Toronto ownership are a bunch of Crooks!

Old
12-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Aplayaz2000

Fans gotta cheer more... course they sad from the past previous years of badness... well hope this year is different.

It's post season time.

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
The Bell Centre is really loud and a far better atmosphere than the ACC. However don't they amplify the crowd noise there?

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Yeah this is it! It was so loud! I've never heard it that loud probably anywhere

Yeah I mean if the tickets were a lot cheaper than a lot more die hearts would come. It costs 500.00 for front row seats at the ACC vs 120.00 in Buffalo. Toronto ownership are a bunch of Crooks!
Can you imagine what a pair of platinums would cost for a SCF game at ACC? Not what the scalpers would ask, I'm talking the price MLSE would be asking.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:22 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
The Bell Centre is really loud and a far better atmosphere than the ACC. However don't they amplify the crowd noise there?
Seriously, they amplify the crowd?

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Darcy Tucker

pretty sure they have the largest capacity of any NHL rink and are always sold out, so if you believe its electronically enhanced and a ploy by the Habs, you may want to start purchasing some tinfoil.

Darcy Tucker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 05:52 PM
leafsfuture

People need to forget that in terms of volume, the Bell Center isnt that much bigger than the ACC, but it can fit a good more 3000 people.

Also, one thing I know is that when Toronto is dominating, there is no better arena to play

And if you listen to the UFc announcers, they will tell you the loudest building they have ever been in was the Bell Centre for UFC 83

leafsfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 06:16 PM
ThreeHundred

Yeah if we made it to the finals, they'd charge 4x the amount of a regular season game. I know this will never happen unless we have a single owner and still probably won't happen but they need to reduce ticket prices and get rid of these corporate tickets on the lower level. I know there's corporate boxes and I don't really care about those boxes because there at the 300 level, but the lower level is filled with people who get free tickets from work etc..

Last edited by ThreeHundred: 12-23-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old
12-23-2011, 07:29 PM
wulfio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGHeR View Post
I just love it when the ACC is as loud as it was vs the Sabres. I really think the fans helped us a lot to get those 2pts. It sucks because most of the time the building is very quiet. What happened to the days when the ACC was rocking all the time? I seriously believe the reason we've been struggling on home ice is because the fans show no support. Let's try and fix this?
acc rockin? shoulda seen the gardens; less corporate more blue chollar.

Last edited by wulfio*: 12-23-2011 at 07:34 PM.
wulfio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 07:33 PM
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @

Can't pull the afford it card guys, sure the plats are expensive but you can get a pair of purples for $130 - You could easily spend $130 going for dinner and a movie.

It's also insane to get tickets now, if they lowered prices you'd be even tougher. Tickets are priced to meet demand (they should actually be higher, as the demand shows)

Anyway, I do agree on the road arenas - I've been to 5 now on my "quest for 30" with 6,7,8,9 & 10 coming this season - So far Montreal is best experience, buffalo is best value, and ottawa just sucks all around. Boston was fun too.

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:03 PM
TheArchitect*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Around in 67 View Post
check out the 51 second mark. how was that not a call?
Now you're even finding things from 11 years ago to complain about this team..

TheArchitect* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Ed Belfour

I've been to every single Leafs game in Montreal for the past 4 years, but last year was the first time I ever saw a game in Toronto. Honestly, I was terribly disappointed. Empty seats everywhere, VERY quiet even after goals, and tons of people just talking about their day during gameplay. Coming from Montreal, this was a weird experience for me. I'm used to getting heckled to no end while at the Bell Centre wearing my Leafs gear, but that sense of rivalry, community and passion was completely lacking at the ACC. This was a Saturday game, so no excuse. Hopefully it turns around with a winning product.

Ed Belfour is offline   Reply With Quote