HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Acc

Old
12-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Belfour View Post
I've been to every single Leafs game in Montreal for the past 4 years, but last year was the first time I ever saw a game in Toronto. Honestly, I was terribly disappointed. Empty seats everywhere, VERY quiet even after goals, and tons of people just talking about their day during gameplay. Coming from Montreal, this was a weird experience for me. I'm used to getting heckled to no end while at the Bell Centre wearing my Leafs gear, but that sense of rivalry, community and passion was completely lacking at the ACC. This was a Saturday game, so no excuse. Hopefully it turns around with a winning product.
guess I've always been lucky in the 20 plus games I've seen in Toronto - both Gardens & ACC - because I've never had the experience you talk about.

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:12 PM
firstemperor

This is because the suits and their corporate interests take over the ACC instead of tickets for the true fan, and the price of the tickets MLSE sets promotes that notion -__-.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 09:58 PM
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
you easily spend $130 on a dinner/movie... are you getting a hooker to blow you while you are watching the movie? get your nose out of the air bro. That's a lot of money to a lot of people to blow on one night. And if you don't want to factor in the cost of beer/food as well then you're being ignorant.

For some people money doesn't grow on trees. and by the way, I don't know if you've checked the acc seating chart lately, but the purps takes up about 1/5th of the acc seating.
Money doesn't grow on trees for me either - I work hard for it, and I'm not "rich" by any means - in fact I'd say when all is said and done I make less then the average person, yet I see 5 to 10 games per year (including when I was in university making under 20k per year). It is about being frugal when needed and grasping opportunities. If the leafs are your passion then drop your xyz hobby and use the cash to go to games and cheer, lots of people do.

For the record, two movie tickets at cineplex downtown is $30 (closer to $40 for imax or 3d), and a dinner out (not boston pizza, etc) is easily $70-90 all in. My point is there are $55 tickets in the arena, and they ARE available if you're watching for face value. I haven't paid over face in the ACC for 5 years (and even then it was my own stupidity).

Everyone can ***** and complain that they can't afford tickets, can't get tickets, etc - its a crock of crap - there are people that legitimately can't afford $55 to go to a game, but if you're making 30k + a year and can't afford to go to a couple $55 games you're not budgeting properly at all. The people that say "I'd have to mortgage my house to go to a game" aren't trying hard enough to find reasonably priced tickets or options.

Also, for the record, if you get beer or food at the ACC then I'm not surprised you think its unattainable - grab a $7 pizza at longo's before the game, find the $5.50 parking (I'm not telling that one) and drink before hand ($13 pitchers in walking distance is not). I'm certain I've never actually purchased food at any hockey game I've been to or any baseball game (with bluejays season seats for 3 years)

30Rinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 10:12 PM
BIitz
BPA Free Lining

I'll be loud in Rogers arena if that counts.

Also why do they only chant Miller? I remember they did it in the 5-4 game last year as vell.

Why not Thomas or Price?

Last edited by BIitz: 12-23-2011 at 10:17 PM.
BIitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Doshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
I'll be loud in Rogers arena if that counts.

Also why do they only chant Miller? I remember they did it in the 5-4 game last year as vell.

Why not Thomas or Price?
We should chant Thomas.

Who cares about Price though?

Doshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Now you're even finding things from 11 years ago to complain about this team..
yep, that's what I'm doing. that makes a lot of sense. I found it funny anyone could get away with it and a penalty not be called.

give your head a shake

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:43 AM
edwardslane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Money doesn't grow on trees for me either - I work hard for it, and I'm not "rich" by any means - in fact I'd say when all is said and done I make less then the average person, yet I see 5 to 10 games per year (including when I was in university making under 20k per year). It is about being frugal when needed and grasping opportunities. If the leafs are your passion then drop your xyz hobby and use the cash to go to games and cheer, lots of people do.

For the record, two movie tickets at cineplex downtown is $30 (closer to $40 for imax or 3d), and a dinner out (not boston pizza, etc) is easily $70-90 all in. My point is there are $55 tickets in the arena, and they ARE available if you're watching for face value. I haven't paid over face in the ACC for 5 years (and even then it was my own stupidity).

Everyone can ***** and complain that they can't afford tickets, can't get tickets, etc - its a crock of crap - there are people that legitimately can't afford $55 to go to a game, but if you're making 30k + a year and can't afford to go to a couple $55 games you're not budgeting properly at all. The people that say "I'd have to mortgage my house to go to a game" aren't trying hard enough to find reasonably priced tickets or options.

Also, for the record, if you get beer or food at the ACC then I'm not surprised you think its unattainable - grab a $7 pizza at longo's before the game, find the $5.50 parking (I'm not telling that one) and drink before hand ($13 pitchers in walking distance is not). I'm certain I've never actually purchased food at any hockey game I've been to or any baseball game (with bluejays season seats for 3 years)
Good post I agree.

I'm going to a leafs game in Edmonton for the first time ever this feb 15th with my dad i can't wait! we paid $400 each for golds... expensive but i've never done that before and my father and I are die hard.. If i lived in the GTA i'd be at leaf games all the time.. hoping to make it there next year perhaps.

edwardslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
I think this is what you are referring to, and I completely agree.

thats just so beautiful...when we get our game and team back to normal i can't wait for that.

12-24-2011, 08:07 AM
TheOtherSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogutsnoglory View Post
they have to do a better job of keeping the Platinum's IN their seats, especially for the start of the period.

hire some more chanters in the stands
Exactly! You need to keep it quite in there! The real fans up in the nosebleeds are too loud for the suits in the platinums! Its hard to make a business deal with all that cheering.

TheOtherSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:45 PM
ThreeHundred

Yeah i'd rather sit in the 300's now, much louder and fans are crazier

ThreeHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Tucker View Post
if only Berezin had the heart and determination of Grabo. He could have been an all-star 40-50 goal scorer .
Hey you!

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote