HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The habs are gonna have a wonderful 2nd half of season

Old
12-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
i'm feeling you...

Molson has the holidays to step back, take a look at the big picture.

- Cans Gauthier
- Returns Gainey to Florida
- Names Timmins interim GM, clear mandate to move any veteran asset not named Tomas or Erik for the best return offered
- we see all of Cammalleri, Gomez, Gill, Campoli, Kaberle traded by the deadline
- young inexperienced team struggles but eventually goes on a tear to finish the season either just in the playoffs (thanks largely to Price playing at Hart trophy level & carrying team on his back).
- team wins first round shocker vs Flyers/Bruins before losing in hard fought second round
- season ends with enthusiasm and excitement for the future as young assets establish themselves as core that can be built into a contender

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Kriss E

I appreciate the optimism and positiveness, but in light of the recent scratches, I have little faith in RC being able to turn things around.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. The 2nd half of 2321 is gonna be great. We'll win our 25th and move up to a tie for 37th overall in the ranking of Stanley Cup winners.

YOU CAN BOOK THIS!
That couldn't happen before 2874, and even then we'd be tied for first.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:51 PM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
From what I have seen, I don't see anything getting any better and I hope for a lottery pick in the 2012 NHL entry draft to land:

Yukupov, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Galchenyuk or Girgensons

I am leaving Dumba and Murray out because our defensive future is bright and we are better off drafting a game breaking forward, possibly a centre at 6"2" +++

I want to see the following players traded for prospects and picks:

Gomez, Kostitsyn, Moen, Darche, Nokelainen, Campoli, Gill, Weber

Go into the spring with...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Leblanc - Eller - Palushaj
Conboy - White - Blunden

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Kaberle - Diaz

Price
Budaj

BUILD FOR 2012 AND ONWARDS...
Moen has more heart than the 3 quarters of the team. Guy probably has more goals than Gionta and Gomez combined - more heart than those two and Cammy too.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i'm feeling you...

- Cans Gauthier
- Names Timmins interim GM, clear mandate
to move any veteran asset not named Tomas or Erik for the best return offered
- we see all of Cammalleri, Gomez, Gill, Campoli, Kaberle traded by the deadline
- young inexperienced team struggles but eventually goes on a tear to finish the season either just in the playoffs (thanks largely to Price playing at Hart trophy level & carrying team on his back).
- team wins first round shocker vs Flyers/Bruins before losing in hard fought second round
- season ends with enthusiasm and excitement for the future as young assets establish themselves as core that can be built into a contender

Timmins would get the same mandate as PG and BG. Any GM would get the same mandate, and in turn, you'll hate every GM we'll get (after some time) because you have zero understanding of were the ultimate volition lies. You essentially have zero realistic pragmatism. The rest that follows shows just how delusional you are. If they make those trades, Habs will surely not make the playoffs, which is the absolute opposite of Molson's imperative.

You better quit the Habs right now, because they will always be stuck in this process. The only way out is an unintended bad season to get a high pick, a situation were they are almost 100% sure that they aren't gonna make the playoffs when trade deadline comes around.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I appreciate the optimism and positiveness, but in light of the recent scratches, I have little faith in RC being able to turn things around.
I think he was rather trying to prove something to the veterans. That they need those two players, better accept them and cherish them.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:04 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I think he was rather trying to prove something to the veterans. That they need those two players, better accept them and cherish them.
That's what I thought too. It can't be anything else than that. The outcome of the game and the christmas vacations are gonna let time to the vets to take a step back and think twice before blaming the youth.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. Certainly doesn't fall in line with what he said after the game.
It certainly doesn't explain the poor bench management. Giving more offensive faceoffs to Plek, more defensive ones to DD, and his over use of the 4th line.

Also, while one can make a case that some veterans are frustrated with PK, I don't understand how anybody would complain about Eller.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:11 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
I'm the guy that slow clapped before that other guy actually

Old
12-23-2011, 02:16 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Really???

you would trade AK for a prospect but you would keep Cammy???

I'd do the opposite actually. Keep AK at 4 million and trade mr 6 million

At least AK has some size and he plays good along the boards. I find he's more useful than cammy and can contribute more to the team overall
Exactly!

People still thinks AK needs to produce like a superstar ... even at 3.75M a year. He's the ideal 2nd/3rd line winger. Same thing with Moen at 1.5M.

Retool this team! Get rid of high salaries like Gionta, Cammalleri and Gomez. Save money, Get draft picks and sign better vets on july 1st.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:17 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Moen has more heart than the 3 quarters of the team. Guy probably has more goals than Gionta and Gomez combined - more heart than those two and Cammy too.
Don't get me wrong I also think Gionta needs to go if we want to rebuild the right but I would never call him heartless. Given a bigger role than what he should get at that stage of his career sure but not heartless. He would make a perfect third liner on alot of contenders.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:23 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
From what I have seen, I don't see anything getting any better and I hope for a lottery pick in the 2012 NHL entry draft to land:

Yukupov, Grigorenko, Forsberg, Galchenyuk or Girgensons

I am leaving Dumba and Murray out because our defensive future is bright and we are better off drafting a game breaking forward, possibly a centre at 6"2" +++

I want to see the following players traded for prospects and picks:

Gomez, Kostitsyn, Moen, Darche, Nokelainen, Campoli, Gill, Weber

Go into the spring with...

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Leblanc - Eller - Palushaj
Conboy - White - Blunden

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Kaberle - Diaz

Price
Budaj

BUILD FOR 2012 AND ONWARDS...
Cammy, cap hit 6 milliions, 31 gp 6g 12a 18 points
Gionta, cap hit 5 millions 29 gp 8g 7a 15 points
AK, cap hit 3.2 millions 26 gp 10g 5a 15 points

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:31 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i'm feeling you...

- Cans Gauthier
- Names Timmins interim GM, clear mandate to move any veteran asset not named Tomas or Erik for the best return offered
For the most part I wouldn't mind if this happened. I really don't think PG has done too badly. Kaberle we'll have to wait and see, if that fails and Kabs has a 25pt season we're stuck with a declining Kaberle.

I actually just like Timmins that much. I want to see what this guy can do. Enough of these geezers who have likely been holding him back. Imagine what our drafting would look like if egos were aside and TT was our GM?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:38 PM
neofury*

Quote:

Timmins would get the same mandate as PG and BG. Any GM would get the same mandate, and in turn, you'll hate every GM we'll get (after some time) because you have zero understanding of were the ultimate volition lies. You essentially have zero realistic pragmatism. The rest that follows shows just how delusional you are. If they make those trades, Habs will surely not make the playoffs, which is the absolute opposite of Molson's imperative.

You better quit the Habs right now, because they will always be stuck in this process. The only way out is an unintended bad season to get a high pick, a situation were they are almost 100% sure that they aren't gonna make the playoffs when trade deadline comes around.
Which is pretty much what a lot of folks want including the poster you quoted. I don't see what you're trying to argue in favor of here, that's basically what the org would be doing if this happened. We could really use a 1-2 year prospect restock, and guys like Gionta, Cammy etc are only signed 2 more years iirc.

I'm not saying we won't make the playoffs, things look grim but it isn't the end of the world. There's still plenty of hockey left to play. But I would be intrigued to see what kind of offensive prospect in this years draft Timmins could fetch us given a high pick.

Philly has a ton of fans too and they did it, a one year retool and now look at them. I'm not denying clever UFA signings played a part, but we're in a position where we could gain some assets from guys we potentially wouldn't need, and be back in the race as early as next year. I can live with not being a top team a couple years, what I can't live with is perpetually dealing away quality picks and players to stay somewhat relevant i.e. 6th-8th place. If we can draft some really high quality forwards and build around them and our current defense and goaltending we'd be fine imo. We have Beaulieu and Tinordi, neither are a guaranteed thing but Gorges and Subban are pretty damn good, Emelin is worth keeping too imo. The rest can get quality returns. If it means St-Denis plays a season with us then so be it. Once he's replaced with quality draft choices you can get something for him as well. We don't have to be stuck in this cycle, and I think that's basically what a lot of people are saying.

Of course if we can come back with this squad and do well I'll be happy too. I just don't want to see 9th-11th place...

Old
12-23-2011, 02:41 PM
neofury*

Quote:
If he was then that is actually amazing. Genius really. And I'm sure the two rookies understood that anyways.

Old
12-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
Really???

you would trade AK for a prospect but you would keep Cammy???

I'd do the opposite actually. Keep AK at 4 million and trade mr 6 million

At least AK has some size and he plays good along the boards. I find he's more useful than cammy and can contribute more to the team overall

I agree!! The Habs should keep Kostitsyn and get rid of Cammalleri while he still has a little bit of value. He obviously isn't happy in Montreal so trade him and get a couple of 2nd or 3rd liners with size, grit and some skill and keep Kostitsyn. We have a lot of time invested into Kosty and he's starting to show that he's the player the Habs drafted.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:50 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
That couldn't happen before 2874, and even then we'd be tied for first.
You miscalculated because after 2025 they start awarding 3 Stanley Cups a year. One for the continental playoffs, the second for global playoffs and the third for galactic playoffs. Believe it or not in the year 2095 The Tranquility Bay Mooners over take the Canadiens in Stanley Cup wins. This surprises everyone - even the Pluto Midgets formerly the Toronto Maple Leafs -because The Tranquility Bay Mooners entered the IHL (Intergalactic Hockey League) only in 2060. But they had a fantastic management team: Pierre Gauthier's grandson was the GM and Rejean Houle's illegitimate granddaughter with Wickenheiser was the coach.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Shabutie

I agree, PG and Cunneyworth will be replaced and we'll catch fire - good enough for 9th in the conference and the 15th pick overall.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Et le But

Kostitsyn has been one of the few guys putting in effort every night. I'll be very upset if he's a casualty of this.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You miscalculated because after 2025 they start awarding 3 Stanley Cups a year. One for the continental playoffs, the second for global playoffs and the third for galactic playoffs. Believe it or not in the year 2095 The Tranquility Bay Mooners over take the Canadiens in Stanley Cup wins. This surprises everyone - even the Pluto Midgets formerly the Toronto Maple Leafs -because The Tranquility Bay Mooners entered the IHL (Intergalactic Hockey League) only in 2060. But they had a fantastic management team: Pierre Gauthier's grandson was the GM and Rejean Houle's illegitimate granddaughter with Wickenheiser was the coach.
Controversy strikes in 2476 as the Habs hire a unilingual Klingon coach.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:11 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Keep it up guys.

Get these negative thoughts out of your chest before you get the chronic negativity towards the habs syndrome. Sarcastic, raw, expeditious or long lasting rant. Get it off your chest, c'mon. Get off that anger or desperation inside you as you see those words of optimism in this "wtf" thread a few days before the holidays.

Then sit back...

Take a deep breath...

And become a habs fan again

Old
12-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Habit11

If they get healthy, they'll get better. Not to say that they'll be a top team or that they'll make the playoffs, but I think it's fair to say the injury situation has dropped them from a 5 - 8 spot to where they are now. I know it's easy to forget, but if the forwards lined up like this...

Camm/Pleks/Cole
Max/Gomez/Gionta
Desh/Eller/AK
Moen/Noke/White

... that is significantly better than what has been on the ice the last 2 weeks.

Let's hope PG doesn't have free reign to make more short term moves. If a player like Bournival gets traded to bring in a UFA that would be catastrophic.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:21 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Controversy strikes in 2476 as the Habs hire a unilingual Klingon coach.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2011, 03:51 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

A lot of hockey still left to be played, and despite our horribad play so far..we still are only 4 points out of a playoff spot...time to man up and play to our expectations.

I'm also on the Timmins for GM bandwagon.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote