HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

hf's organizational rankings

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Don't forget Nemec, Fernholm and Malenkhyk.
I don't think Malenkhyk will ever come over, but I like Nemec and Fernholm a lot. I think Fernholm in particular is going to suprise a lot of people.

Old
10-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by borro
Yes. I wanted him at draft time. He is going to be a MONSTER. It may not be this year or next year, but the Pens Caps rivalry will be back. I like Orpik alot too. Where do you guys project him in your overall scheme? Is he a 2 or 3? I would say Tarnstrom might project as a 4 for you. Where does Orpik fit and what does your 2-6 look like? Our looks something like this...

Morrisonn
Eminger
Yonkman
Green
Lepisto
Hedman
Morrisonn and Yonkman are underrated. Green and Eminger are overrated. The Caps need to add some toughness on the blueline. Shultz figures when he gets stronger and more aggressive.

Yours looks like
Whitney
Orpik
Tarnstrom
???

The top3 or 4 are hard to fill. The bottom 3 are easy. Your defense is close to set if not there already. Im just familiar with those 3 as they are all talented. I would like to see us sign Witt and get better with him as a veteran. I have a feeling both he and Kolzig will be dealt at the trade deadline. Kolzig would have to agree to a reduction to about $4M. It would be nice to keep him too, but in an environment where we have Ovechkin, Semin, Fehr and possibly Crosby or Brule to sign, these guys will likely move on.

So who else do you see in the Pens future D?

You completely forgot Welch. Some prospect sites(Mckeens) have him rated equally with Whitney. A bit less upside, but a more well rounded game.

Old
10-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Luigi Lemieux

if orpik, whitney, and welch develop into what they're supposed to, the pens will have an amazing, top notch d-corps in 5 years.

Old
10-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
if orpik, whitney, and welch develop into what they're supposed to, the pens will have an amazing, top notch d-corps in 5 years.
I agree, but that's a big "if."

Closed Thread