HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Around the league games 2011-2012 Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2011, 09:25 PM
  #1
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
TP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 7th Circle of Hell
Country: United States
Posts: 21,830
vCash: 500
Around the league games 2011-2012 Part 3

Continue here.



Part 2: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1031589

TP is offline  
Old
12-23-2011, 09:43 PM
  #2
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Looks like Pitt is starting to pull away from Wpg with a three 3rd period goals.

Also, does anybody know what the deal is with Rinne? He's been struggling lately is he fighting any injuries?

NastyNate17 is offline  
Old
12-24-2011, 06:34 AM
  #3
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,952
vCash: 500
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/

fun xmas stuff from the Hawks

edit: kinda messed up the link, click on the Hawks sing

ODAAT is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 03:02 PM
  #4
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,084
vCash: 50
Coincidence that the NHLN just showed Zach Parise watching a Bruins game...I think not.


Shaun is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 11:47 AM
  #5
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
How 'bout them Wild!!

And i thought the Panthers would come back down to earth with a big thud, these "state of hockey" folks are in a free fall with no end in sight.

Don't look now but the team that has taken over 1st in that division is 7th in the league in fighting majors and will equal last years total by about game 50 at this rate. Somebody over there has gotten the message from the SCF's loud and clear. That early january game against those Nucks will be more interesting than i had originally imagined.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  #6
FanSince74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Don't look now but the team that has taken over 1st in that division is 7th in the league in fighting majors and will equal last years total by about game 50 at this rate. Somebody over there has gotten the message from the SCF's loud and clear. That early january game against those Nucks will be more interesting than i had originally imagined.
It would be a lot more interesting if they could actually win a few of those fights. Maybe they could get a few rioters to lace 'em up.

FanSince74 is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 01:35 PM
  #7
unifiedtheory
Registered User
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
How 'bout them Wild!!

And i thought the Panthers would come back down to earth with a big thud, these "state of hockey" folks are in a free fall with no end in sight.

Don't look now but the team that has taken over 1st in that division is 7th in the league in fighting majors and will equal last years total by about game 50 at this rate. Somebody over there has gotten the message from the SCF's loud and clear. That early january game against those Nucks will be more interesting than i had originally imagined.
And they are still diving and whining and pulling major no shows against teams they should roll. There formula is the same. Nothing happens 5 on 5 for long stretches, dive a bit, draw a few calls, score on the powerplay.

They have a great regular season formula that can work in the playoffs if they play teams that have poor penalty killing, no shut down pair and no scoring to speak of.

I'm looking forward to the January 7th game, scores will be settled. I will relish watching Andy Ference kick the holy hell out of Jannick Hansen. Burrows will get rag dolled and I hope Boychuk or Adam do a little Kesler hunting.

To be honest, the final score of the game is irrelevant to me. I want the B's to go Stone Age on them. I despise that team.

unifiedtheory is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 01:43 PM
  #8
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
And they are still diving and whining and pulling major no shows against teams they should roll. There formula is the same. Nothing happens 5 on 5 for long stretches, dive a bit, draw a few calls, score on the powerplay.

They have a great regular season formula that can work in the playoffs if they play teams that have poor penalty killing, no shut down pair and no scoring to speak of.

I'm looking forward to the January 7th game, scores will be settled. I will relish watching Andy Ference kick the holy hell out of Jannick Hansen. Burrows will get rag dolled and I hope Boychuk or Adam do a little Kesler hunting.

To be honest, the final score of the game is irrelevant to me. I want the B's to go Stone Age on them. I despise that team.
haha! took the words right out of my mouth. I hope none of our boys busts their hands on new years eve because i'm looking for at least 2 fights against them on the 7th, and an overall chippy game from the 1st whistle.

After that, all eyes will be on the Jan 21st game against the Rangers.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 01:53 PM
  #9
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
I could care less about playing tough guy with the Nucks. Already seen that movie. I'd just like to see them beaten soundly on the scoreboard. For old times' sake, another shutout, and 5 goals...something like that...

8spokesontheB is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 01:59 PM
  #10
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
Good national game tonight on VS. Can't wait to see what all the hubbub's about regarding the "new look" Blues under new coach Paul Bearer. Should be a good one.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 02:42 PM
  #11
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Coincidence that the NHLN just showed Zach Parise watching a Bruins game...I think not.

Maybe he's a closet Bruins fan

NastyNate17 is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 02:44 PM
  #12
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 20,103
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
How 'bout them Wild!!

And i thought the Panthers would come back down to earth with a big thud, these "state of hockey" folks are in a free fall with no end in sight.

Don't look now but the team that has taken over 1st in that division is 7th in the league in fighting majors and will equal last years total by about game 50 at this rate. Somebody over there has gotten the message from the SCF's loud and clear. That early january game against those Nucks will be more interesting than i had originally imagined.
I was watching the Rangers last night when an interesting graphic appeared on the screen: The Rangers rank first in the NHL with 30 fighting majors, the Bruins are fourth with 26.

Yet the Bruins are the goons of the NHL. Go figure.....

BMC is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 03:01 PM
  #13
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I was watching the Rangers last night when an interesting graphic appeared on the screen: The Rangers rank first in the NHL with 30 fighting majors, the Bruins are fourth with 26.

Yet the Bruins are the goons of the NHL. Go figure.....
As Fitzy Fitzgibbon said to Frank Costello in The Departed after the guy he buried in The Fens was dug up the very next day...."I'm fokkin embahrassed!".

We should be #1, no question about it.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 03:05 PM
  #14
BeardBros
Everything hurt more
 
BeardBros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 314
Country: United States
Posts: 684
vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
I was watching the Rangers last night when an interesting graphic appeared on the screen: The Rangers rank first in the NHL with 30 fighting majors, the Bruins are fourth with 26.

Yet the Bruins are the goons of the NHL. Go figure.....
Yeah, but the Bruins aren't goons for fighting, it's because they're dirty.

BeardBros is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 03:37 PM
  #15
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,375
vCash: 500
Classic match up last night if you're into player names with double entendres and (potential) cuss words....Landeskog vs Clutterbuck.

Pie O My is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
  #16
MoeLemay
Registered User
 
MoeLemay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Go Cats

MoeLemay is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 06:35 PM
  #17
sooshii
Living the dream
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,185
vCash: 50
Briere missed the last game with a "bruised index finger"? I gotta see this on 24/7.

sooshii is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 06:40 PM
  #18
ssault
SW BROONS
 
ssault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Briere missed the last game with a "bruised index finger"? I gotta see this on 24/7.
Sounds more like a baseball injury, yikes.

ssault is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 06:46 PM
  #19
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,394
vCash: 500
Can't decide what game to watch..

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 06:50 PM
  #20
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,084
vCash: 50
Shattendeuces scores on a rocket

Shaun is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 07:12 PM
  #21
ssault
SW BROONS
 
ssault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
Habs can score goals.

Who knew?

ssault is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 07:25 PM
  #22
GoBs
Registered User
 
GoBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Krecji looks pretty good out there.

GoBs is offline  
Old
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
  #23
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
Krecji looks pretty good out there.
Ahh, more Datsuykian comparisons.. Now if Krejci could get going...

Great game tho. I really thought Shattenkirk was going to tip it in on the 6-5 to force OT. Jimmy Howard was Thomas-like

Alicat is offline  
Old
12-28-2011, 01:30 PM
  #24
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,084
vCash: 50
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ptoms/related/

I think Crosby is done. If he is having symptoms after that light hit from Krejci I can't imagine him taking a huge hit from say Chara or Weber.

Shaun is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.