HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm#35: Kings @ Sharks, 12/23/11, Post Game S/O LOSS thoughts & tidbits

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2011, 01:34 AM
  #51
bobafettish*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
He offered Gab/Kovy more per year money than Hossa...
offering more money but signifigantly less years is not going hard after someone. and with kovy the initial offer was probably what he offered hossa it's just kovy's agent hiked the price.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:54 AM
  #52
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
offering more money but signifigantly less years is not going hard after someone. and with kovy the initial offer was probably what he offered hossa it's just kovy's agent hiked the price.
Basically what your saying is, if you didn't get the player you didn't go hard...

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 05:27 AM
  #53
Hollywood
Registered User
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Kings would be a bottom 5 in the league, if it wasn't for Quick.
What a ridiculous statement! Our D will finally be activated once our goaltending puck playing abilities is utilized. This is the only way teams win Stanley Cups. Very happy we finally have a coach. Can't wait till he realizes his assets

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:00 AM
  #54
TheSlovenian
Registered User
 
TheSlovenian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ljubljana
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Come on Kopi, score some goals already!

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:29 AM
  #55
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,333
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It's not like we know what wingers are available. So, it's hard to sit here and say go after this guy or that guy. Most teams that are in the thick of it don't want to turn their roster upside down. So, lets not pretend it's an easy fix.
Im thinking Hemsky could be a good fit with Kopitar. He would probably be available, and you may not even have to give up JJ/Voynov to get him. Forget about Ryan, Iginla, JVR and Stewart. Those guys most likely are not available. Philly could be motivated to do something ala JJ because of Pronger, but I just cant see them parting with JVR. Im not sure he would be the answer here either.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:31 AM
  #56
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,333
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
DL given the chance will likely make his biggest push for ZP out of all the UFA's to come along during his time as GM. Allot can happen between now and then but if DL is GM *and* ZP is available *and* we haven't picked up a speed/grind/sniper along the way then I think that ZP might be the player that DL has been waiting for his entire tenure.

That said I can't see us being able to wait until the offseason to address our O troubles and if indeed it is decided that we need to pick up a top notch wing then DL will likely have to do something before the end of the year.

Eh, time will tell.
There may be nothing to it, but I have heard Parise wants to stay out east.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:12 AM
  #57
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
There was nothing wrong with our effort tonight. We just lost to a better team.

Believe it or not, it does happen.
Yup. That game could've gone either way in my opinion.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:21 AM
  #58
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Players were mostly solid, but nobody was spectacular. Kopitar had a very nice play for the Kings goal, but in my opinion he made a defensive mistake before 1-0. I remember that even 5 seconds before the Couture's shot I was already panicking and thought that Kopitar made a mistake when he was waiting for the puck instead of going inside and cover Couture.

Still I was more optimistic even with Sharks dominating, simply because Kings showed determination, positive emotions. Much better to watch such games.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:32 AM
  #59
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
See that's the problem with getting players from the Flyers. They kind of really suck at shootouts. It was still back to back games, so I'm not too upset with 3 points. Also, just checked the January schedule and it doesn't look too bad. Would be good time for the Kings to make up some ground.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:44 AM
  #60
Nex06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
See that's the problem with getting players from the Flyers. They kind of really suck at shootouts. It was still back to back games, so I'm not too upset with 3 points. Also, just checked the January schedule and it doesn't look too bad. Would be good time for the Kings to make up some ground.
One of the best in the league? Parise is close to 50% after more than 50 attempts...

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:49 AM
  #61
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 43,450
vCash: 500
On a positive note, Richards has scored in both games of his return.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:15 AM
  #62
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
There may be nothing to it, but I have heard Parise wants to stay out east.
I have heard the same thing but lets see how things shake out. ZP is sort of a pipe dream for several reasons, one more won't hurt.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:36 AM
  #63
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
JvR is injured although he and the team haven't totally admitted it but you can see it. He also has a pretty hefty extension starting next year, 6 years/ $4 million per. A lot of money for someone who is pretty invisible a lot of the time.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 09:58 AM
  #64
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
JvR is injured although he and the team haven't totally admitted it but you can see it. He also has a pretty hefty extension starting next year, 6 years/ $4 million per. A lot of money for someone who is pretty invisible a lot of the time.
This!

Having seen eveyr Flyers game, he's been very inconsistant and a bit of a disapponitment. This was supposed to be his breakout year...that's why he got the contract.
Trading him depends on how honest Holmgren is with the team. Even b4 Pronger went down, I couldb't see them advancing past the first round because their 'star' goalie who is getting 10 milluion this year, is not an elite goaltender, cracks under pressur eand has yet to show why he's worth what he was paid.
He's not better then Lunqquist or Fluery and certainly not Thomas...and the Flyers are givintg up over 3 goals a game. They have no shutdown center, losing Richards hurt them big time defensively.
So if Holmgren feels this team cannot go deep, he shouldn't sacricfice JVR or youth to get a d man.
Esp if Weber might be available i nthe off season
But since Ed Snider calls the shots, and he' s not of his right mind, I'll bet he'll push for the trade by Feb.
And JVR is probably the most viable commodity of the top 6 they have.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 10:10 AM
  #65
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
This!

Having seen eveyr Flyers game, he's been very inconsistant and a bit of a disapponitment. This was supposed to be his breakout year...that's why he got the contract.
Trading him depends on how honest Holmgren is with the team. Even b4 Pronger went down, I couldb't see them advancing past the first round because their 'star' goalie who is getting 10 milluion this year, is not an elite goaltender, cracks under pressur eand has yet to show why he's worth what he was paid.
He's not better then Lunqquist or Fluery and certainly not Thomas...and the Flyers are givintg up over 3 goals a game. They have no shutdown center, losing Richards hurt them big time defensively.
So if Holmgren feels this team cannot go deep, he shouldn't sacricfice JVR or youth to get a d man.
Esp if Weber might be available i nthe off season
But since Ed Snider calls the shots, and he' s not of his right mind, I'll bet he'll push for the trade by Feb.
And JVR is probably the most viable commodity of the top 6 they have.
They have to be careful because they signed him to this huge extension. It's bad enough they did that with Richards and Carter and then traded him but JvR is someone fans in Philly are really pulling for because he was the 2nd overall pick and also because he's somewhat local. For me, since I'm not from the area I don't have that attachment to him. He had a few excellent games in the playoffs and that's it. He doesn't play good defence and doesn't seem to mesh with anyone. We'll see what ends up happening but I would be shocked if he didn't have surgery before the end of the season.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 10:20 AM
  #66
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
I'd love to get someone like JvR. I know he's sort of fallen out of place in the depth chart over there, and the Flyers clearly need a defenseman. I don't think I'd give up JMFJ for JvR

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 12:47 PM
  #67
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I'd love to get someone like JvR. I know he's sort of fallen out of place in the depth chart over there, and the Flyers clearly need a defenseman. I don't think I'd give up JMFJ for JvR
I wouldn't do it from a Kings' point of view. Defensemen take longer to develop so it would be foolish to give up on him.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:00 PM
  #68
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
has yet to show why he's worth what he was paid
I assumed it was for his twitter account.

http://twitter.com/bryzgoalie30

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:37 PM
  #69
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Time for DS to bring a better or more aware or just plain old different PP coach. If the team had tuned out TM they can't be listening to the guy who is the architect of the worst PP in the bus for the pas forever.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:42 PM
  #70
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
The Kings' power play is 15 for their last 112. That's 13.4%. Not exactly stellar.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 01:54 PM
  #71
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Kings would be a bottom 5 in the league, if it wasn't for Quick.
And the Kings would be top 5 in the league if they had Crosby and Malkin. What's your point?

The fact of the matter is that Jonathan Quick is a Los Angeles King. He plays for OUR team, he's not going anywhere. He's quietly stealing points for us while we sort this thing out and we should celebrating the fact that we have him rather than complaining about the fact that we have to lean on him.

Just my take.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:42 PM
  #72
Kingurentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Ummm isn't that why we have good goalies? To stop pucks?

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:03 PM
  #73
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
And the Kings would be top 5 in the league if they had Crosby and Malkin. What's your point?

The fact of the matter is that Jonathan Quick is a Los Angeles King. He plays for OUR team, he's not going anywhere. He's quietly stealing points for us while we sort this thing out and we should celebrating the fact that we have him rather than complaining about the fact that we have to lean on him.

Just my take.
Elite teams don't rely on one player. Crosby and Malkin were both out for extended periods of time, that didn't give the Pens the excuse to not make playoffs. Flyers are fourth in their conference with Pronger and Giroux out for extended time. We lose Richards and respond to that by tying the franchise record for scoring less than 2 goals in 14 games.

Being dependent on Quick is a sign of our team not playing up to par. We shouldn't be expecting to lose just because Quick is not in net. Which is pretty close to how it is right now.

KingPurpleDinosaur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 06:09 PM
  #74
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Elite teams don't rely on one player. Crosby and Malkin were both out for extended periods of time, that didn't give the Pens the excuse to not make playoffs. Flyers are fourth in their conference with Pronger and Giroux out for extended time. We lose Richards and respond to that by tying the franchise record for scoring less than 2 goals in 14 games.

Being dependent on Quick is a sign of our team not playing up to par. We shouldn't be expecting to lose just because Quick is not in net. Which is pretty close to how it is right now.
Giroux only missed a few games and one of them was a 6-0 loss to Boston. Another was a SO loss to Colorado.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:45 PM
  #75
scramble91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Players were mostly solid, but nobody was spectacular. Kopitar had a very nice play for the Kings goal, but in my opinion he made a defensive mistake before 1-0. I remember that even 5 seconds before the Couture's shot I was already panicking and thought that Kopitar made a mistake when he was waiting for the puck instead of going inside and cover Couture.

Still I was more optimistic even with Sharks dominating, simply because Kings showed determination, positive emotions. Much better to watch such games.
Actually, that wasnt kopitars blown coverage. If you watch the replay, Richardson came down low to cover coture which forced Kopi to cover the point. Richardson then lost his man resulting in a goal.

This is a example of how richie isnt a good defensive forward. Nor should he be on the top line.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.