HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Nichol

Old
12-24-2011, 07:46 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Scott Nichol

Probably the least talked about Blue. Personally, I like what he brings defensively and in the face-off circles, but with younger guys like Sobotka able to play down the middle(and add some offense)I feel Nichol is somewhat expendable. Not that I expect him to be traded at the deadline, but I certainly don't expect him to see him in a Blues jersey next season. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the guy?

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 08:09 PM
simon in canada

Of all the off-season signings, Nichol has impressed me the least. I understand why he was signed, considering our faceoff issues, but I don't think he has been that effective in that department. He is gritty and feisty, etc., but I think Langs and Arnott provide sufficient veteran leadership and grit. I certainly think he's expendable, and if not for injuries should be a healthy scratch in favour of a younger guy. We still need that faceoff guy, btw, maybe Nichol could be packaged for a better one if we're healthy at the trade deadline?

simon in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 01:05 AM
HooliganX2

Sobotka is just as good at face offs really no real need for Nichol IMO. Nichol is feisty I actually like him I just don't think we need him.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 04:50 AM
FilthyNote*

Nichol has a game here and there and will make a great play here and there but I am indifferent to the signing. With Dags and Sobo I don't see where Nichol fit's in once Crombeen comes back. I know it will be Porter or Grachev that will hit the pressbox once the been is back but I honestly like Crombeens play more than Nichols. I really thought Nichol would be a huge difference maker for us on the dot. Yeah hes good but nothing amazing at all.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 12:06 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyNote View Post
Nichol has a game here and there and will make a great play here and there but I am indifferent to the signing. With Dags and Sobo I don't see where Nichol fit's in once Crombeen comes back. I know it will be Porter or Grachev that will hit the pressbox once the been is back but I honestly like Crombeens play more than Nichols. I really thought Nichol would be a huge difference maker for us on the dot. Yeah hes good but nothing amazing at all.
I just like that there is some competition to get on the ice for the 4th line. Guys had better bring it. No one is guaranteed ice time. Last year's Crombeen would be a healthy scratch from time to time on this team.

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote