HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Kulemin's Performance

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2011, 12:27 AM
  #1
Willie Nylander
Registered User
 
Willie Nylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Kulemin's Performance

Hey guys, i guess you can say its pretty random but I am here to tell you why Kulemin's performance this year has dropped quite a bit.

So my friend spent Christmas with him today and as a joke I told him to tell Kule to pot a few more this year he's slacking, somewhat in a joking way. He told me that he's having depression problems from the lokomotiv plane crash, and he hasn't gotten it all back together yet.

I understand that this was brought up before many times as a speculation, but i just wanted to let u guys know

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Willie Nylander is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 12:30 AM
  #2
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,373
vCash: 500
poor guy

well in my experience, being depressed all the time doesn't solve anything
so i say to Kool-aid, become the Pavel

Aplayaz2000 is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 12:38 AM
  #3
Willie Nylander
Registered User
 
Willie Nylander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
poor guy

well in my experience, being depressed all the time doesn't solve anything
so i say to Kool-aid, become the Pavel
some of these guys could have been people he grew up with, thats hard

Willie Nylander is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 01:29 AM
  #4
vflawiess
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 312
vCash: 500
I really hope Kuli doesn't get traded at least not this year because his value is really low right now. He's still very young and improving and he will be better for us that's for sure...so I say keep him

vflawiess is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 01:30 AM
  #5
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
he's a black hole on offence this year.

Erza Scarlet is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 01:32 AM
  #6
Tak7
Registered User
 
Tak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GTA or the UK
Posts: 6,670
vCash: 500
This is what most of us were already speculating.

Not sure how reliable your friend/source/you are, but thanks for the insight if it is indeed true.

Happy Holidays to all

Tak7 is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 02:04 AM
  #7
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 11,037
vCash: 500
he's also been of the pp for quite some time so that's not helping. he's being played like Colby Armstrong right now, plenty of pk.

HellasLEAF is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 02:21 AM
  #8
pa2u292*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Aruba
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
thing is hes actually trying but cant finish or make a play. if he were depressed then you\d see a total lack of effort.

pa2u292* is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 02:37 AM
  #9
Adversary
Registered User
 
Adversary's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,078
vCash: 500
Are there a lot of Russian players having off years this season? I would imagine this has been hard on a lot of guys.

Adversary is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 02:42 AM
  #10
BayStBully
Registered User
 
BayStBully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2u292 View Post
thing is hes actually trying but cant finish or make a play. if he were depressed then you\d see a total lack of effort.
How do you know?

BayStBully is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 02:56 AM
  #11
TML1967
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
Are there a lot of Russian players having off years this season? I would imagine this has been hard on a lot of guys.
Him and that guy from Wash, the guy who is supposed to be the second best player alive. How would you feel if like 20 people you spent 100's of hours on buses, shoulder to shoulder with died all at once in a freak accident.

People need to remember in a league where the best players alive play, its a game of inches. The smallest things change a goal from a post, so this cant be undervalued.

EDIT:
Semin
Ovechkin
Kulemin
Volchenkov
Varlamov
All having really bad years


Last edited by TML1967: 12-25-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: looked it up
TML1967 is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 03:29 AM
  #12
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1967 View Post
Him and that guy from Wash, the guy who is supposed to be the second best player alive. How would you feel if like 20 people you spent 100's of hours on buses, shoulder to shoulder with died all at once in a freak accident.

People need to remember in a league where the best players alive play, its a game of inches. The smallest things change a goal from a post, so this cant be undervalued.

EDIT:
Semin
Ovechkin
Kulemin
Volchenkov
Varlamov
All having really bad years
Kovalchuk and Datsyuk also started off poorly, but they've picked it up in recent weeks.

But yeah this affected Kulemin greatly, apparently Igor Korolev was his best friend/mentor and he would frequently have phone conversations with him.

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 07:38 AM
  #13
Christ
Registered User
 
Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2u292 View Post
thing is hes actually trying but cant finish or make a play. if he were depressed then you\d see a total lack of effort.
No offense but this statement is BS. First off, everyone experiences depression in their own way. I have been depressed before and I know for a fact that never once did it effect my level effort in anything I did. Depression messes with your mind and it is something that can't really be explained to someone who has not themselves experienced it. For me, depression took all meaning out of what I did in my life and emotion was basically stripped of me. I did not enjoy anything I did, nor did I hate anything. I could not have fun or get angry, my whole life felt like a shade of grey that just did not change. I still worked hard, but I really never cared if I succeeded or not thus I could not focus.

If Kulimen is actually depressed, it does explain his play so far this year. There is no telling how long it may take Kulimen to get over his depression. My own depression took about 8 months to get over.

Christ is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 07:49 AM
  #14
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,758
vCash: 500
i'm willing to give Kulemin a pass this year for his offensive woes, he's still trying and playing decent defensively. But i do think he needs to be given 3rd line minutes for now.

The amount of Russians in the league having "off" years is one of the reasons i'm giving it a pass. I just think that it cant be Solely a problem Kulemin is having by just looking at the way alot of other Russians are slumped this year.


I've been depressed before so has everyone, **** takes time. took me a good 5/6 months and it wasnt over anything as big as what happened to these guys

Raym11 is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:09 AM
  #15
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
I give Wilson equally the credit for improvement in Lupul's and Kessel's game as I do the for the demise in Kulemin's game.

number72 is online now  
Old
12-25-2011, 09:53 AM
  #16
Gberg
Registered User
 
Gberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Kovalchuk and Datsyuk also started off poorly, but they've picked it up in recent weeks.

But yeah this affected Kulemin greatly, apparently Igor Korolev was his best friend/mentor and he would frequently have phone conversations with him.
This.

He helped him out huge in Canada, and showed him everything.. i'm pretty sure he was almost like his father here. And considering how many other friends he lost, and that he's always on planes after games. It's not something he can easily forget right now

Gberg is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 10:00 AM
  #17
KingBuzzo
A custom title.
 
KingBuzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I give Wilson equally the credit for improvement in Lupul's and Kessel's game as I do the for the demise in Kulemin's game.
There's only so much a coach can do to motivate his players. As much as I dish out my feelings on Wilson here, Wilson is giving Kule ample opportunities to bust his current slump. At some point things will turn for him, but he's got to battle though some things first. He's working hard out there, so it's not a motivational thing a coach can do because Kule is bringing that every game, it's the finish.

I can't really see how Wilson is the blame in this when he's giving Kulemin every chance out there.

KingBuzzo is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:31 AM
  #18
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,713
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
kulemin is a gamer... i wouldn't move him, period. he'll rebound, if not this year then next... he's talented and has a great work ethic, we all know that. hopefully he can get his head around the problem and talk to someone, remedy the situation. depression is no fun. hope he rebounds sooner than not.

Porn* is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:44 AM
  #19
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
K
But yeah this affected Kulemin greatly, apparently Igor Korolev was his best friend/mentor and he would frequently have phone conversations with him.
Korolev was a great guy to look up to from what I hear. Korolev was added to Metallurg Magnitogorsk while Dave King was coaching them and King raved about his influence on everyone in the locker room, young and old. Kulemin clearly isn't the only one still suffering, hopefully he gets closure soon. I'd also advise against some of you that have no experience with depression to start talking like you're an expert on the subject.


Last edited by Everlong: 12-25-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Everlong is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
  #20
UncleBob
Registered User
 
UncleBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Its gotta be harder for kuli because he doesn't speak fluent english and has no Russian team mate to help him through it. He's probably going through his depression on his own, which is not a good think mentally.

UncleBob is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:56 AM
  #21
Baba Ganoush
Registered User
 
Baba Ganoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa2u292* View Post
thing is hes actually trying but cant finish or make a play. if he were depressed then you\d see a total lack of effort.
this is crap. why post this?

Baba Ganoush is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
  #22
Baba Ganoush
Registered User
 
Baba Ganoush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I give Wilson equally the credit for improvement in Lupul's and Kessel's game as I do the for the demise in Kulemin's game.
crap crap crap. Wilson has used Kulemin, for the most part, right where he should be used.

Baba Ganoush is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 11:58 AM
  #23
glucker
Registered User
 
glucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, ON
Posts: 4,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
Its gotta be harder for kuli because he doesn't speak fluent english and has no Russian team mate to help him through it. He's probably going through his depression on his own, which is not a good think mentally.
Grabo.

glucker is offline  
Old
12-25-2011, 12:39 PM
  #24
Im Old Gregggg
Registered User
 
Im Old Gregggg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kitchener, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
he's a black hole on offence this year.
will unlike dupuis he is still atleast providing something like hustle and backchecking etc


the offense will come back, lets not give up on this guy, i hope he doesnt get traded i think he will still be an important peice going forward and is a great compliment player for skilled top 6 guys .... the fact that he is having an offseason offensively will just give us move leverage in contract negotiations

Im Old Gregggg is online now  
Old
12-25-2011, 12:44 PM
  #25
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
No offense but this statement is BS. First off, everyone experiences depression in their own way. I have been depressed before and I know for a fact that never once did it effect my level effort in anything I did. Depression messes with your mind and it is something that can't really be explained to someone who has not themselves experienced it. For me, depression took all meaning out of what I did in my life and emotion was basically stripped of me. I did not enjoy anything I did, nor did I hate anything. I could not have fun or get angry, my whole life felt like a shade of grey that just did not change. I still worked hard, but I really never cared if I succeeded or not thus I could not focus.

If Kulimen is actually depressed, it does explain his play so far this year. There is no telling how long it may take Kulimen to get over his depression. My own depression took about 8 months to get over.
Man I"m somewhat depressed. Those are exactly the symptoms I feel. I try to work hard but I lose focus and don't care if I succeed or not. I wish this would end.

Erza Scarlet is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.