HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking for 1994 NYR DVD

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2004, 02:45 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Looking for 1994 NYR DVD

looking for the NYR's 1994 Stanley Cup dvd, its a dvd that shows through the season highlights, players etc.... been looking for a while and cant find it anywhere. i finally did on ebay i went to E-mail the guy and it had already been sold, does anyone know where it would be easy to find, i been in many stores llooking in the sports section and came up with nothing but the devils and colorado dvd's. so if anyone can help please lend a hand with some info. the cover says new york rangers at the top and also has the picture of the team when they won the cup on the cover.

Thank
J

Old
10-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
I didn't know it was out on DVD. I got the VHS of it for a few bucks on ebay a while back though.

Old
10-12-2004, 07:52 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
I didn't know it was out on DVD. I got the VHS of it for a few bucks on ebay a while back though.
just found it last night on ebay, but it got sold when i went to buy it from ebay today just have to keep looking i guess . i will come by it adventually.

Old
10-12-2004, 09:44 PM
NYR469

i'm guessing that the person selling it transfered it from VHS to DVD...it was never officially released on dvd

Old
10-13-2004, 01:24 AM
rickyrod

i have the ebay dvd. i got it a while back.
it's definitely bootleg quality. the ice turned into nuclear winter during the transfer, but for the most part it's not that bad.

the copy i have is the espn tape(which espn classics shows from time to time) and oh, baby...
oh, baby is far superior, but both are nice.
try e-mailing the guy who was selling it. he can probably dub off another copy for you no sweat, and will probably be even more willing since he won't have to pay the eBay listing fee.

Old
10-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Pearl Necklace

I'm generally disappointed with the availability of Hockey DVDs right now. Growing up I remember seeing a number of player highlight videos on VHS; Mario Lemeuix, Jagr, Orr, Hull, etc.

Now the only one on DVD is "Ultimate Gretzky".

Old
10-13-2004, 10:17 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
i have the ebay dvd. i got it a while back.
it's definitely bootleg quality. the ice turned into nuclear winter during the transfer, but for the most part it's not that bad.

the copy i have is the espn tape(which espn classics shows from time to time) and oh, baby...
oh, baby is far superior, but both are nice.
try e-mailing the guy who was selling it. he can probably dub off another copy for you no sweat, and will probably be even more willing since he won't have to pay the eBay listing fee.
i mean is worth spending $20 on plus $4 shipping, i mean to have it is worth it but im not going to pay 24$ for a dvd that is low quality or let alone have a copy thats not worth $20, total $24, maybe i should try to email the guy and ask, i got to look for the mail in my file.

Old
10-13-2004, 10:18 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl Necklace
I'm generally disappointed with the availability of Hockey DVDs right now. Growing up I remember seeing a number of player highlight videos on VHS; Mario Lemeuix, Jagr, Orr, Hull, etc.

Now the only one on DVD is "Ultimate Gretzky".
i seem to only find the colorado and newjersey devs cup seasons on dvd, and the wierd thing is i live in NY and i cant find anything NYR but can find colorado and jerrsey.... what the hell is going on.

Also dont forget hockey isnt the biggest seller to begin with so in a way hockey fans , including myself should not be dissapointed when there are not many hockey dvds or movies out there, dont mean movies like young blood or slapshot, i mean like highlight movies ort best fights etc..... they dont make them to often plus, i got a word from some guy inmy area that the wolf pack might be playing some games at the garden this year, supposably dolan wants to find a way to keep it open and still bring in some type of $$$$$$$, thats what i heard from some guy who works at the garden.

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 10-13-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old
10-13-2004, 11:30 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
i mean is worth spending $20 on plus $4 shipping, i mean to have it is worth it but im not going to pay 24$ for a dvd that is low quality or let alone have a copy thats not worth $20, total $24, maybe i should try to email the guy and ask, i got to look for the mail in my file.
if you are worried about the quality, just go to the source.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...129258905&rd=1
there are a few auctions for it on ebay if you search "rangers 1994"(you'll have to dig through the power rangers, glasgow rangers, and texas rangers stuff)...

Closed Thread