HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/26 Your New Jersey Devils at Not Hartford Whalers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2011, 09:18 PM
  #526
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 34,135
vCash: 500
It's very rare I turn off a game, and have to watch WWE Raw

Seriously though what is it with this team!? They are losing, and they have a GREAT 3rd period. They are winning by 3 they blow it in the 3rd! What gives?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:19 PM
  #527
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's very rare I turn off a game, and have to watch WWE Raw

Seriously though what is it with this team!? They are losing, and they have a GREAT 3rd period. They are winning by 3 they blow it in the 3rd! What gives?
Nobody's gonna win them all.

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM
  #528
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring Trap View Post
It's ok.

I don't have a problem with Steve. He's doing his best.
But his best just aint good enough

StvBroDan is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:24 PM
  #529
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce
 
AfroThunder396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,100
vCash: 500
Wow, really glad I missed this one.

AfroThunder396 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:29 PM
  #530
Bleedred
I lost a SO to NJD!
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 34,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Nobody's gonna win them all.
I don't expect them too, but a little more consistency please!

Now look if everything went the same tonight aside from the Shorthanded Goal we would have tied the game. The 1st goal wouldn't have happened, and the 2nd, and 3rd would have been 1st, and 2nd. We tie it with Henrique, and then it's tied, and no need to pull the Goalie cause we wouldn't have been frantically trying to tie it, and thus no 4th goal.

Carolina deserved this though. 2 shots on goal all 2nd? Have we had any periods only getting 2 shots on goal the whole season?

We just aren't in a position to lose to bad teams especially if we aren't gonna beat the good teams. Pittsburgh, and Philly are in that position right now.

Aside from Montreal, and the Dallas game a couple weeks ago we haven't had a good 3rd period with the lead in months if not the whole season.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:40 PM
  #531
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Kovalchuk extremely hard on himself after this loss, as he should be. You've got to appreciate his willingness to take the blame on his shoulders.

Talk isn't enough though. His carelessness on the point has killed this team on multiple occasions this year.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:44 PM
  #532
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!
 
vonbonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Landenberg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't expect them too, but a little more consistency please!

Now look if everything went the same tonight aside from the Shorthanded Goal we would have tied the game. The 1st goal wouldn't have happened, and the 2nd, and 3rd would have been 1st, and 2nd. We tie it with Henrique, and then it's tied, and no need to pull the Goalie cause we wouldn't have been frantically trying to tie it, and thus no 4th goal.

Carolina deserved this though. 2 shots on goal all 2nd? Have we had any periods only getting 2 shots on goal the whole season?

We just aren't in a position to lose to bad teams especially if we aren't gonna beat the good teams. Pittsburgh, and Philly are in that position right now.

Aside from Montreal, and the Dallas game a couple weeks ago we haven't had a good 3rd period with the lead in months if not the whole season.
If this is how you feel then why keep complaining about it? The Devils are a very inconsistent team, until something changes to affect that there is nothing you can do. If you have a legit plan to fix this ASAP the quickly go make a ****load of money and buy a majority interest in the team and get to work.

vonbonds is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:45 PM
  #533
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils
 
StvBroDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
Kovalchuk extremely hard on himself after this loss, as he should be. You've got to appreciate his willingness to take the blame on his shoulders.

Talk isn't enough though. His carelessness on the point has killed this team on multiple occasions this year.
Amazing how coaches don't see it that way, but us professional fans do.

StvBroDan is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:57 PM
  #534
kyle evs48
No words needed
 
kyle evs48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 29,319
vCash: 500
We lost. Yeah, it was to a bad team that nobody wanted to lose to. But in an 82 game season - especially for a team in a transition year - that is going to happen sometimes.

Next game please.

kyle evs48 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:57 PM
  #535
davebenj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Amazing how coaches don't see it that way, but us professional fans do.
Yeah I hear ya. Is this shorty number 11 now?

davebenj is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 09:59 PM
  #536
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Huh. Just saw that Ward got credited with the goal. So the Devils have been scored on twice by a goaltender. Is that a record?

AZNDevil is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:02 PM
  #537
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenj View Post
Yeah I hear ya. Is this shorty number 11 now?
Yes it is. The second worst team has 5 (tied). Good God in heaven. We`re going for the record.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:03 PM
  #538
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Huh. Just saw that Ward got credited with the goal. So the Devils have been scored on twice by a goaltender. Is that a record?
Yup. 2 (3 times if you include the goal against when we were the rockies.

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:03 PM
  #539
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Missed the game, guess it was a good one to miss...

Seems Volchenkov played a strong game and our 2nd period was horrible?

Another SHG... They really need to work on that PP, start from scratch. Horrible.

Kovy of all people on the ENG. He doesn't get enough hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Huh. Just saw that Ward got credited with the goal. So the Devils have been scored on twice by a goaltender. Is that a record?
Yup, Rhodes and Ward. If you want to count the Rockies, make it 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_an_NHL_game

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:06 PM
  #540
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
I missed the game, and the Albany Devils didn't do well either. They got shelled 8-3 by Bingo, Kinkaid had a rough night (pulled after letting in 6). I was cheering for the B-Sens though, so it was okay, sort of.

AZNDevil is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
  #541
davebenj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Yes it is. The second worst team has 5 (tied). Good God in heaven. We`re going for the record.
Ouch

davebenj is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:13 PM
  #542
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: #FIREPETE
Country: United States
Posts: 18,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
I missed the game, and the Albany Devils didn't do well either. They got shelled 8-3 by Bingo, Kinkaid had a rough night (pulled after letting in 6). I was cheering for the B-Sens though, so it was okay, sort of.
Say what?

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:19 PM
  #543
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
Say what?
I live near Binghamton, so I'm usually cheering for the Binghamton Senators (I made it to every home playoff game last season). When the Devils' farm team comes though, I'm conflicted between cheering for my hometown team and wanting to see the Devils prospects do well.

AZNDevil is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:20 PM
  #544
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,190
vCash: 500
i wonder if kovalchuk will respond to his disappointment with emo kovy or angry kovy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Yup, Rhodes and Ward. If you want to count the Rockies, make it 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...in_an_NHL_game
my boy!

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:27 PM
  #545
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: #FIREPETE
Country: United States
Posts: 18,310
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
I live near Binghamton, so I'm usually cheering for the Binghamton Senators (I made it to every home playoff game last season). When the Devils' farm team comes though, I'm conflicted between cheering for my hometown team and wanting to see the Devils prospects do well.
Ah, makes sense.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:27 PM
  #546
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
We're half way to the record now. And we're on pace to break it. Keep it going we should end up with 25 shorthand goals against. Record is Penguins/Avalanche/North Stars with 22.

Get r don


Last edited by Devilsfan92: 12-26-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:31 PM
  #547
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Can't win them all.

One thing I really love about this team is that no matter what the score, they will always be clawing for a win at the end. I'd like to see less clawing because of blown leads, but this team is never out of a game as evident tonight.

apice3* is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
  #548
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
With Washington losing again we don't lose ground. But we lose our game in hand on 6th(leafs) while still one point behind.

kiwidevil is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 10:35 PM
  #549
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500


Record is 22? Make it happen.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
12-26-2011, 11:01 PM
  #550
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
The pass barely missed a diving Henrique who should have been staying at the point instead of striding quickly down low. Ease up on the guy.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.