HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

12/26 Your New Jersey Devils at Not Hartford Whalers

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchbot 3000 View Post
The pass barely missed a diving Henrique who should have been staying at the point instead of striding quickly down low. Ease up on the guy.
This is what I felt my self questioning the most

With Kovy down low and the 2 defensemen/point guys near the slot, Henrique was the only guy close to the blue line and he came rushing in and away from the side of the ice that Kovy was on

I'm a bit suprised he didn't come up closer to the left side where Kovy had an open lane which he tried using, but Henrique's momentum was already heading in the other direction

**** happens, we played like garbage to begin with, game shouldn't have come down to that play

Old
12-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

It`s all fine, but seriously. Parise was wide open, desperate to get the puck and you pass it there while we`re making a change? **** happens, but when it happens with regularity, it`s not just a bad luck.

No bashing, no hate, but let`s not make excuses. It`s unnecessary anyway. He knows he ****ed up. Moving on.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
It`s all fine, but seriously. Parise was wide open, desperate to get the puck and you pass it there while we`re making a change? **** happens, but when it happens with regularity, it`s not just a bad luck.

No bashing, no hate, but let`s not make excuses. It`s unnecessary anyway. He knows he ****ed up. Moving on.
This is also true, he could have gone to Parise who had nobody covering him who could have gave it to Foster who was open at the top of the right circle for him to bomb it

Kovy wanted to get it to Henrique apparantly though, which I can't disagree totally with because he had momentum coming in and could have either wound up for a shot or used his momentum to get closer to the net for a better shot/pass......unfortunately he was already cutting to the middle

Old
12-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

kovy will make mistakes. we all know this, he knows this, it happens. what matters to me is how he responds to them. if this fuels him to play better and he goes on a 3 game scoring streak because of this then it was well worth it (since generally when he scores, we're much more likely to win than when he doesn't). if he goes emo and slumps for a week now, then i will be angry.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

I`m not even mad at him, I mean, how could I? We didn`t lost the game because of that EN/SHGA, the effort just wasn`t there. But that was stupid. You surely get what I`m saying. Let`s forget about it asap and hope for a better game against the Sabres. Larsson coming back will definitely help.

Night.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:40 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Kovy can't catch a break. Hopefully he brings it on Wednesday.

Old
12-26-2011, 11:48 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Kovy can't catch a break. Hopefully he brings it on Wednesday.
And this pretty much is what it is in a nutshell.

Because Deboer REFUSES to use common sense in regards to Kovy, he(Kovy) will always end up in these awkward situations.

Talk about trial-by-fire.....man.

Deboer = Stubborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
With Washington losing again we don't lose ground. But we lose our game in hand on 6th(leafs) while still one point behind.
Don't care so long as we're still in the playoff-hunt.

We have to play BETTER but...actually..the Devils have to play better. WE have to calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDNJ View Post
Of course the rags won and Gayborik added to his league leading goal total.
Who cares at this point?

Just focus on getting as many points as they can to at least have a shot at the postseason later. Let the Rags have their divsion-championship(since it's the only championship they'll ever see, anyway).

Last edited by glenwo2: 12-26-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old
12-27-2011, 12:36 AM
goalvalchuk17

for people asking for sutter back, idk.. the way sutter instructed the pk was not so great.. they kinda decided to go to block the shot instead of attack the other team and force them to make a bad pass.. they never really cleared the puck much and that led to mistakes

Old
12-27-2011, 12:50 AM
CerebralGenesis

I would take Sutter over Deboer in an instant. But thats not the point.

This team is pretty much what we expected. A bubble squad riddled with inconsistent play for the season. They lack a true defensive corps that can win and uphold wins for the team and a LW that is paid a kings ransom that doesn't understand how to play a complete game yet. It would be unfair to blame Petey for all of the issues at hand.

This could just be one of those nights where the team wasn't ready to go and got taken to for the bulk of the game. I hate blaming the mental aspect when they lose, but that and the inexperience seem to be an issue. This isn't the same team that could hold opponents to 2 or less. They NEED to score ~4 to win games based on the D players and the system in place. If the goalies let in bad goals too, then don't expect a lot of success on those nights.

When Fayne and Larsson are not our top Dmen, things will definitely look better. Until that is addressed or a system is in place where all 5 guys play structured D, get some m&ms and enjoy the rollercoaster.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Anton H Christ
ruh-roh corvo

good game, always liked the devils, brodeur got me into hockey.

scott gomez lol.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:19 AM
devsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Why did Zajac change?
TG reported that he broke his stick.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:45 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton H Christ View Post
good game, always liked the devils, brodeur got me into hockey.

scott gomez lol.

You, sir, may post here anytime you like.

Old
12-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Devilswede

These games tell a whole lot about the state of the team. This was a game we "should've won". Good teams find a way to do it no matter what.

You don't make the playoffs by losing games like these.

I think that DeBoer is a bad coach for this team. I haven't seen him coach once! The only thing that has been good under his "guidance" is the PK, but that's the only thing. We suck at everything else and nothing is improving.

I don't like him at all as a coach. He's clueless.

Old
12-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

What a game. Where did our top line go? Watched 1st and 2nd periods and it was just .. junk.

Old
12-27-2011, 02:37 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
These games tell a whole lot about the state of the team. This was a game we "should've won". Good teams find a way to do it no matter what.

I think that DeBoer is a bad coach for this team. I haven't seen him coach once! The only thing that has been good under his "guidance" is the PK, but that's the only thing. We suck at everything else and nothing is improving.

This isn't the normal DS. You're too subdued. Let it out bro!

Old
12-27-2011, 02:56 AM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

Oh god, it's like we lost Game 7 again. Can you just calm down please? This "Deboer isn't good for us and Kovy sucks" **** after every loss is so pathetic ...

@Devilswede: Maybe this is why we're only a bubble team, because we have those let-down games. I didn't expect this team to be 7th by now and I'm surprised they are. Anyone who claimed this team to be better than 6th or 7th has ridiculous expectations. Btw, 6th, 7th and 8th still means playoffs. Don't know how this make Deboer a bad coach.

If we win against Buffalo, everything is great again. Don't understand why everyone has to go crazy after a loss...

Old
12-27-2011, 03:05 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post
Oh god, it's like we lost Game 7 again. Can you just calm down please? This "Deboer isn't good for us and Kovy sucks" **** after every loss is so pathetic ...

@Devilswede: Maybe this is why we're only a bubble team, because we have those let-down games. I didn't expect this team to be 7th by now and I'm surprised they are. Anyone who claimed this team to be better than 6th or 7th has ridiculous expectations. Btw, 6th, 7th and 8th still means playoffs. Don't know how this make Deboer a bad coach.

If we win against Buffalo, everything is great again. Don't understand why everyone has to go crazy after a loss...

It sort of grinds my gears to lose to the worst team in the conference.

Old
12-27-2011, 03:23 AM
slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dutch View Post

I agree 100%!

Wasn't able to watch the game live, and Gamcenter dont has the stream now...so, i have to take the Highlights...

can someone sum up our problems? Was it the D? we got another SHG, wtf???? its time to do sth against this,..

thanks in advance!

Old
12-27-2011, 03:46 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post

Yes, it's DeBoer's fault the players didn't show up for half the game.

Old
12-27-2011, 03:56 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

i don't get what you guys expect the coach to do for this team. they can only control so much.

Old
12-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Richer's Ghost
You are reading this

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
I agree 100%!

Wasn't able to watch the game live, and Gamcenter dont has the stream now...so, i have to take the Highlights...

can someone sum up our problems? Was it the D? we got another SHG, wtf???? its time to do sth against this,..

thanks in advance!
You gonna call shutout before a game again now?

the loss boils down as simply as this; we were without our best D-man who is a rookie.

Ponder that statement and you'll quickly uncover the root cause of everything that keeps this team from becoming a consistent winner.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
12-27-2011, 07:48 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

we lost because we only played 30 minutes (first 10 of the 1st + the 3rd period). we were playing a resurgent hurricanes team without several key defensemen. it happens. fwiw, DS, I wanted Hitchcock. theres no doubt in my mind that if we had hitch or lemaire we would be comfy in a playoff spot. but we dont. deboer has been doing ok, these things take time. why does oates still have a job though? and whats up with his face?

Old
12-27-2011, 08:11 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
we lost because we only played 30 minutes (first 10 of the 1st + the 3rd period). we were playing a resurgent hurricanes team without several key defensemen. it happens. fwiw, DS, I wanted Hitchcock. theres no doubt in my mind that if we had hitch or lemaire we would be comfy in a playoff spot. but we dont. deboer has been doing ok, these things take time. why does oates still have a job though? and whats up with his face?
I think this team has some personnel problems, moreso than coaching problems. I don't think Hitch or Lemaire would make us that much better. The top teams in the east are much better than we are. We're in 7th. That's not half bad for a transition team.

Old
12-27-2011, 08:19 AM
njdevil26

That play at the end of the game really got me angry. Our whole team is STANDING around... we have no one at the point besides an oncoming Henrique (where was he planning on going?). Kovy passes to the only open player... and he skates past it and it was also tipped by Sutter. What was Kovy going to do? Zubrus was waiting for a one-timer and he was also standing behind Sutter. Kovy throwing the puck at him would have been a bad play as well.

The bottom line is that it shouldn't have come down to that. The Canes played a great team and they certainly didn't look like the worst team in the conference... but Hedberg HAS to stop that third goal that went off his pad, the Devils HAVE to start and finish strong, and the team needs to go back to the drawing board. So many teams have a fast cycle and the Devils is sloppy. Also, for YEARS the Hurricanes have burned us by coming up the side boards or up to the blue line and throwing the puck towards the net... it works a lot against us. The Devils have to start making these kinds of plays... forcing the opposing D to make plays and get the goalie to sweat a little!

I think DeBoer is a good coach BTW... I just think he needs to be a little harder on the players. There's been a lot of "I think we played a good game" after a loss.. he needs to put some fire up their butts.

As for line combos... I like em. But put Zajac on the point for the PP and Kovy on the half boards.

Old
12-27-2011, 08:37 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

If it was tipped by Sutter, then they wouldn't have given Ward the goal...

Closed Thread