Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig MacDonald?

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2004, 10:59 PM
flamesfan12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Craig MacDonald?

Did I miss him signing with us? I was just browsing the Lowell Lock Monsters site and saw this. "The Lowell Lock Monsters announced today that former Lock Monsters captain Craig MacDonald has been assigned to Lowell from the Calgary Flames." I definetly don't remember him signing with us before the CBA expired. Did I just miss it?

It kinda does make sense though as I believe Nilson and Ritchie both played with MacDonald in Florida. Good depth signing if he is indeed signed with us.

Old
09-30-2004, 02:14 AM
Crossbar

Haha thats great if its true! Yeah... Nilson, Ritchie, and MacDonald formed a very effective line down here in Florida that Lyle Odelein called "The John Deere" line...

Quote:
Marcus Nilson, Byron Ritchie and Craig MacDonald, nicknamed the "John Deere line" by teammate Lyle Odelein, stamped the Panthers' performance with their usual brand of energy, physical play, exceptional defense and even some offense.

The line, which often resembles a bunch of bulldozers, got its nickname because the three players wear green jerseys in practice and "keep on trucking in games."

"Nothing runs like a Deere," said Odelein, a farmer during the offseason. "They're the best equipment made, and that's the best line made."

I remember reading Nilson still kept and wore that John Deere hat during your playoff run!!!

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040403/nhl_cal-sun.html

Quote:
Seeing the John Deere hat Marcus Nilson has atop his head, Shean Donovan needs to remind himself of his linemate's birthplace. "I'd think he's from Saskatchewan, not Stockholm, and he's a farm boy," Donovan said. "He's so Canadian. I room with him and you hardly hear his accent."

And that's without taking into account Nilson's gritty play on the ice, which is why the Flames forward has the cap in the first place. "We had a line in Florida they called the John Deere Line -- me, Byron Ritchie and Craig MacDonald," Nilson explained. "Lyle Odelein gave us the name. "Byron Ritchie's buddy in Vancouver made the hats for us and when we got there, he gave them to us. It was something funny and I like the hat."
Wish I still had the link to the article, but I remember reading Odelein joking that he couldn't believe how close those 3 were, because even when they walked down the streets they would always be beside one another almost like they're holding hands and do everything together or something like that, Odie made it sound really funny. Though those 3 only lasted 1 season together in Florida, they have a long history together as teammates in the minors so its great to see Sutter acknowledging the chemistry factor and bringing them back together into 1 organization again. You guys look deep on D, but FWIW Odelein is still an available UFA.

Old
10-01-2004, 04:48 AM
ForeignFlame

There hasn't been any official notice or press release confirming a signing, but the team website has Craig McDonald listed as one of 18 Flames prospects attending the Lock Monsters camp. A couple of other curious names were Shaun Sutter and Jason Spence, who had moved on to other organisations.

Link: www.calgaryflames.com

Old
10-01-2004, 05:36 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Craig McDonald is a good AHL playmaker and he is responsible in his own end. A journeyman, 4th liner as a NHLer, he will help Lowell tremendously. The Lock Monsters look like they can roll 4 very good lines this year, and they might be a big surprise in the AHL.

Btw, when did you guys sign Ritchie? That's a tough, runt, SOB. The type of player coaches like Too bad Rutherford thought he wasn't worth the hassle, then he signs a shrimp like Marty Murray. Yay.

Old
10-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Babachka

Mac IS in lowell, and playing on team A! They actually won their "game" today against team B! I didnt see all the goals so I dunno who scored, but Mac was campin in front of the net ALOT!!! Good place for him

Closed Thread