HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs Sabres - 1st Niagara Center - 7pm - 12/26/11

Old
12-26-2011, 04:44 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
Like I already said "And in the big picture I would give the #1 spot to Neuvy" if you are not reading along. I just think until now no one was given the clear cut #1 spot. And you never know what would of happened if they did the same for Vokoun.

And if you dont care to read or understand what I am saying. I will say it again. I think it hurt both Neuvirth and Vokoun not have a clear #1. And as soon as we pick a clear #1 for net. It would have help who ever it was. Like we are seeing now.
what is your definition of a clear number 1?

for clarity. neuvirth's starts in november.
nov 4. first of a back to back(the road game). 5-1 win.
nov 8. got the start after vokoun lost badly to the islanders
nov 12. second of a back to back. 3-2 OTL
nov 17 at the Jets. 4-1L. next game was an afternoon game in NY on the 19th. effectively a back to back.
nov 25. first of a back to back.

all but one of those starts was schedule based.

Last edited by txpd: 12-26-2011 at 04:52 PM.
txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Koized

Vokoun has been awful, he should know exactly why he hasn't been playing. Letting in a terrible soft goal every other game and killing team momentum will get you on the bench.

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
what is your definition of a clear number 1?
You never know what goes on behind closed doors. But I feel Hunter has done more and said more to make Neuvy feel like he was his man. And I think that goes a long way in any aspect of life. I know BB said some good things from time to time. But he was also quick put blame on a player. And I don’t think He ever came out and made either of them feel he was his horse.

It takes a lot of the pressure off to know it’s your job. And a bad night or bad goal is not going to put you on the bench for a few games. And that's a feeling I don’t think either of them had until now.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 05:28 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
You never know what goes on behind closed doors. But I feel Hunter has done more and said more to make Neuvy feel like he was his man. And I think that goes a long way in any aspect of life. I know BB said some good things from time to time. But he was also quick put blame on a player. And I don’t think He ever came out and made either of them feel he was his horse.

It takes a lot of the pressure off to know it’s your job. And a bad night or bad goal is not going to put you on the bench for a few games. And that a feeling I don’t think either of them had until now.
i am not understanding you. boudreau said vokoun was the #1 from the get go. nuevirth basically did not play unless a back to back was involved. how much more does he need to play to make him comfortable that he is the #1?

i have not heard hunter comment on the goalies. i have really not heard hunter comment on much of anything. he is a man of very few words in the media and they are very basic words when he offers them. in fact i thought i heard him say that pryor basically makes the call on the goalies and pryor is not quoted in the media.

you say you "feel that hunter..." is doing vokoun wrong somehow. i am not remotely anti vokoun. i dont see what you see.

Old
12-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i am not understanding you. boudreau said vokoun was the #1 from the get go. nuevirth basically did not play unless a back to back was involved. how much more does he need to play to make him comfortable that he is the #1?

i have not heard hunter comment on the goalies. i have really not heard hunter comment on much of anything. he is a man of very few words in the media and they are very basic words when he offers them. in fact i thought i heard him say that pryor basically makes the call on the goalies and pryor is not quoted in the media.

you say you "feel that hunter..." is doing vokoun wrong somehow. i am not remotely anti vokoun. i dont see what you see.
You are starting to sound like NBTW. When did I ever say Hunter is doing Vokoun wrong? I am just saying that if any goailie that belives he is the coaches horse. Will pick up his game. And I dont feel BB made either of them feel that way.

"i have not heard hunter comment on the goalies."

Have you ever heard of Katie Carrera? This is some of her stuff from the past two weeks.

“He’s got a clean slate since I started coaching,” Coach Dale Hunter said. “We ran the numbers and he’s got over a .920 save percentage, which is good, so he’s back in tonight and I liked his practice today. We’ll see tonight.”

“I just basically judge game to game,”’ Hunter said when asked about the goaltenders. “You have to watch if it’s a lot of games in a row, but Michal’s going to be judged how he plays tomorrow and we’ll decide who plays in Buffalo after that.”

Hunter “believes in me,” Neuvirth said. “We talked about that goal [in Colorado] I told him what happened and he understood. Crazy bounces happen all the time, he told me he liked the way I bounced back and I battled hard the whole game and I got another chance to start. Last game [against Nashville] was a great team effort and I felt great the whole 60 minutes.”

“He played real well,” Coach Dale Hunter said. “We had some breakdowns defensively in our own end and he stood tall, made the big saves. He played well tonight.”

"boudreau said vokoun was the #1 from the get go" And when his family came to see him play game one. How did that work out?

Old
12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
txpd

maybe i am hard headed. what did hunter say about neuvirth? he played good. it gets him another start and nothing more. i dont see anything in those comments that says anything but basic media speak.

in my view not supporting a goalie that is #1 and not making him feel like his horse is a negative at least in this conversation.

Old
12-26-2011, 05:59 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
After his comments after the Philly game I am surprised anyone is arguing for Vokoun to have a shot like Neuvy is getting to earn the top spot. Vokoun sounded like a goalie with little confidence and not playing for the last 5 games is the result.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

does anyone have a stream?

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Frustr8d

Does anyone have an online stream? Don't have csn+ on metrocast

Frustr8d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:01 PM
tycoonheart

Not HD feed on TV frigging sucks

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:04 PM
DCRedhawk21

Please let me see good news when I land back in the DC area tonight

DCRedhawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:04 PM
tycoonheart

Nvm. The 2nd csn channel has it in hd

Old
12-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
After his comments after the Philly game I am surprised anyone is arguing for Vokoun to have a shot like Neuvy is getting to earn the top spot. Vokoun sounded like a goalie with little confidence and not playing for the last 5 games is the result.
I dont think anyone is arguing for Vokoun. I am just saying it is important for the goilie to feel like they are the coaches horse. And BB never made either of them feel that way. And hunter has done that with Neuvy. And it helped his game.

Hunter “believes in me,” Neuvirth said. “We talked about that goal [in Colorado] I told him what happened and he understood. Crazy bounces happen all the time, he told me he liked the way I bounced back and I battled hard the whole game and I got another chance to start. Last game [against Nashville] was a great team effort and I felt great the whole 60 minutes.”

That goes a long way and we are seeing it in his game.

Old
12-26-2011, 06:08 PM
NeilYoung

Anyone have a stream?

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
meanolthing

Allegedly this is a feed
http://atdhe.ws/live.php?v=event_id%...mid%3D327.html

edit: yup!

meanolthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tycoonheart

Lol great start

Old
pgreene

solid start

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 06:09 PM
LetsGoBears

Really?

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
meanolthing

Ugh, 9 seconds in .

Old
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Perfect.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tycoonheart

Geez

Old
12-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 50
Lol! Face palms all around.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pgreene

might have to watch this on mute. can't handle people SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARING.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
meanolthing

Old
12-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Harvey Specter
Boooooone

like ive said a few times, not a more pathetic team in the league. max spending, LOL results.

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote