HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2012, 05:20 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
If the numbers look like they were cut from an old Italian lady's sofa cover, it's a knock off. The EASIEST things to look for are:

-Bubbly crests
-Bubbly numbers
-Flyers in particular, the font. I've NEVER seen a knock-off with even the right font

Once you get savvier, just looking at the cut and lay of the sleeves will give it away.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Flyers845

I just brought it up for something to talk about that's all.

Old
01-07-2012, 05:39 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Completely disagree with you on your take of the situation.

I know from multiple personal experiences that some players do value their jerseys, especially milestone ones.

I also think there is no chance that he would be perceived as being opportunistic let alone "stupid". Whether Schenn wants it or not remains to be seen, but, even if he didn't, I am quite certain that he would appreciate the offer.

As for going with other jerseys in is collection, assuming Schenn wanted to trade that jersey with the 3rd period one, it would look just as nice in his impressive collection with the Giroux and it would have an even more memorable story to go along with it.

Being friends with 2 players I admit I have a different opinion about jerseys than most other collectors do. I have even passed up on a grail because I knew the player always wanted it.
I guess. It just sounds like your takin an already obsessive hobby to psycho land. Not that psycho land aint fun. I aint too cool for psycho land.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:27 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Giroux autograph - what would you do?

I'm headed to the Flyers Carnival next month, and I bought an orange Premier home jersey for Giroux to sign. I actually already have it all folded up for the trip.

However, I've looked at some of my other jerseys, to see how they hang, as I plan to get a jersey frame for it when I get back...

Originally, I was just going to get a t-shirt signed. But figured, if I'm coming all the way from TX, I'd go with a jersey.

However, now, I am contemplating getting this signed instead:

It's not a "real" jersey, but was sold by the NHL store. The name and numbers ARE heat pressed. However, with no weight from sewn on numbers, it hangs better. It also has the "look" of a jersey. Additionally, since I'm never gonna sell it and its just gonna hang in my office in a frame... Should I get the Premier Giroux signed, or get this other "replica" jersey signed, and keep the Premier Giroux to wear?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Could always ask these guys.

Old
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
cheesesteak

My jersey arrived earlier today, sadly the front Flyers emblem is not embroidered like I was hoping. I was wondering is there any way to get the emblem embroidered on when I get my jersey customized? Has anyone done that before? Also is the emblem the same one that's on the authentic just not embroidered on?

Old
01-07-2012, 06:37 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Just ordered the WC Talbot jersey from shop.nhl.com. Was going back and forth between icejerseys.com and nhl.com... But with icejerseys I would have had to wait until feb. NHL.com had a talbot already made. Hopefully, it looks good.

Old
01-07-2012, 08:19 PM
cheesesteak

Alright, so after all that I decided to return the premier, and now I'm getting a authentic. One question is jerseyexpress.com reputable?

Old
01-07-2012, 08:32 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Alright, so after all that I decided to return the premier, and now I'm getting a authentic. One question is jerseyexpress.com reputable?
I think they're reputable, but I also know their inventory is GARBAGE and you should make sure 1) they have what you're ordering and 2) what you're ordering isn't something else. What model and year are you going for?

Old
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
I think they're reputable, but I also know their inventory is GARBAGE and you should make sure 1) they have what you're ordering and 2) what you're ordering isn't something else. What model and year are you going for?
http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/phi...me-jersey.html

Old
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
That seems kinda inexpensive for an authentic?

Old
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
If I'm getting an authentic, I'm getting it from nhl.com. Otherwise it's just too sketchy. Why would Reebok sell inventory to jerseyexpress.com at a price that undercuts the NHL?

Old
01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
That one is fine, but know that it IS an Indo-Edge, and not an on ice authentic. There are differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
If I'm getting an authentic, I'm getting it from nhl.com. Otherwise it's just too sketchy. Why would Reebok sell inventory to jerseyexpress.com at a price that undercuts the NHL?
I know people have ordered from them, they are legit (even though some of their stuff is a little misleading/unavailable). They simply charge less above their wholesale price than others do, makes perfect sense to me. When do official retailers have the best price? The Flyers shop marks everything up, so does shop.nhl. Do does the store in NYC, and so on...

Old
01-07-2012, 09:01 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Their reputable. They'll refund your money if not customized anyway.

Old
01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
That one is fine, but know that it IS an Indo-Edge, and not an on ice authentic. There are differences.

I know people have ordered from them, they are legit (even though some of their stuff is a little misleading/unavailable). They simply charge less above their wholesale price than others do, makes perfect sense to me. When do official retailers have the best price? The Flyers shop marks everything up, so does shop.nhl. Do does the store in NYC, and so on...
What are the differences? It's still a good price?

Old
01-08-2012, 08:23 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I agree... was just sayin'.

I suppose Meigray had they wanted could have decided to in good faith pull the second and sell the third -- with all concerned being on board, that is -- but I'd guess that if they went that route they would be up front about it.

All this said... is there really any statement by Meigray and the NHL as to what jersey is being offered? It appears to me that all are playing the smart businessman and not bringing up that they wore a different jersey each period, and there is a determined disposition of each period -- not to say that the documentation would not clearly state when they were worn -- letting every person considering purchase/bidding think they have THE jersey the player wore in the game... or at least not calling attention to the fact it is otherwise.

Meigray arranging Schenn receiving the goal scoring Game Jersey is perfectly okay IMO if they are indeed up front and not deceptive... But I'd guess in this instance that HC has what the documentation denotes 100%... and I didn't mean to infer anything different in my last post.
Yes, there is a statement made by Meigray about what jerseys are available for sale

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/u...c;f=1;t=023171

And what jerseys are being auctioned off

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=173671289

Old
01-08-2012, 10:52 AM
artmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Does anyone know where you can buy images from NHL games now? They closed down the NHL PhotoStore and I don't think Getty lets you buy images for personal use.

Specifically this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Lulz. Got you guys.

Getty got back to me and said they do not sell for personal use.
If you really want it, you can get it by picking a cheap licensing option:

Choose Individual License type.
Then Publishing and Editorial.
Then Editorial - Newspaper.
Circulation: Up to 10,000.
Distributed: Print only.
Territories: US.
Start Date: Any future date.
Duration: Up to 1 day.

These options will give you the image for $106. Technically, you're violating the license, but if all you're doing is printing it out to display with your jersey or whatever, you'll be fine. You can mess around with the options to see if you can get a lower price, but that's probably about the best you'll do. If you select web-only options, it will be cheaper, but you'll just get a low-resolution image that won't reproduce well if you print it.

Old
01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
artmem

WC jersey from jerseyexpress

What do you guys think of the WC jersey from Jerseyexpress?
http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/phi...ic-jersey.html
Is this legit? Would their customization be the felt?

Old
01-08-2012, 11:03 AM
orangecrush8

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmem View Post
What do you guys think of the WC jersey from Jerseyexpress?
http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/phi...ic-jersey.html
Is this legit? Would their customization be the felt?
The jersey itself is definitely legit.

You would most likely have to contact them and ask about the customization

Old
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Yes, there is a statement made by Meigray about what jerseys are available for sale

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/u...c;f=1;t=023171

And what jerseys are being auctioned off

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=173671289
Thanks... The first quoted link was for the Alumni Game though, not denoting the Winter Classic Game... but I get the point. What I really meant though was if they mentioned the period in the auction and sale sites, and I assume that would be the case as it is in the description site of the auction (second quoted link).

... Interesting to note that the Flyers Winter Classic Jersey description on the second link states the Rangers jersey had the WC patch on the right shoulder while the Flyers had it on the "right breast"... which of course is incorrect and was where they wore it in the 2010 WC at Fenway.

Old
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Thanks... The first quoted link was for the Alumni Game though, not denoting the Winter Classic Game... but I get the point. What I really meant though was if they mentioned the period in the auction and sale sites, and I assume that would be the case as it is in the description site of the auction (second quoted link).

... Interesting to note that the Flyers Winter Classic Jersey description on the second link states the Rangers jersey had the WC patch on the right shoulder while the Flyers had it on the "right breast"... which of course is incorrect and was where they wore it in the 2010 WC at Fenway.
Sorry about that, here is the correct link...

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/u...c;f=1;t=023149

Old
01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Sorry about that, here is the correct link...

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/u...c;f=1;t=023149
Thanks.

I guess the way it is stated they would have to do a song and dance to switch jerseys... and then probably only on jerseys not sold at that point -- and when that last post was made, Schenn had already been sold to HC -- Now, a lesser company might try a switcheroo... but I agree with you that Meigray would not.

... Interesting to note that Tom Sestito and Erik Gustafsson Game-Issued jerseys were included even though they were in the AHL at WC game-time, IIRC... Also, as has been mentioned in his thread previously, Rinaldo's Game-Issued jersey went for $100 more than all the others.

Also interesting that prior to the WC Game Schenn's jersey went for $255 more han Briere's... and at that point Schenn had no NHL goals and only three NHL points, none with the Flyers... they had to be banking on fans recognizing his potential in the NHL, or had a crystal ball working on his scoring his first NHL goal with that particular jersey.

Old
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
orangecrush8

Is anyone on here who also posts on Icejerseys not able to access the forum? I just tried to get on the forum and I got this message...

"Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4"

Anyone else having similar problems? Does anyone know what that message means?

Old
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecrush8 View Post
Is anyone on here who also posts on Icejerseys not able to access the forum? I just tried to get on the forum and I got this message...

"Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 4"

Anyone else having similar problems? Does anyone know what that message means?
I had the same problem when I tried earlier today, and I have no idea what it means.

Old
01-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Rob77ta

I cannot access the IJBB either.

Closed Thread