HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - I don't know what to name this, so JERSEYS! Part four.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
  #351
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,965
vCash: 500
I'll be heading to the Skate Zone at some point today to drop off my WC and Home jersey. Still not sure who I want on them but i'm leaning towards Timonen on the WC and Schenn on the Home.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
01-12-2012, 01:03 PM
  #352
hof2120
Registered User
 
hof2120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'll be heading to the Skate Zone at some point today to drop off my WC and Home jersey. Still not sure who I want on them but i'm leaning towards Timonen on the WC and Schenn on the Home.
coughZolnierczykcough

hof2120 is online now  
Old
01-12-2012, 01:04 PM
  #353
hof2120
Registered User
 
hof2120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrs21 View Post
Any of you guys buy this:

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncomm...unbr=172577883


Only..... $10,920
That's a pretty steep price to pay for kindling.

hof2120 is online now  
Old
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
  #354
s3x
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Anyone think "Couturier" is going to be too long for a WC authentic 50?

s3x is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
  #355
cheesesteak
Registered User
 
cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
I just got my jersey in the mail. Does anyone know a good place to get this style customized?


cheesesteak is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
  #356
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,965
vCash: 500
Went with Schenn on the WC and am going to hold into the home jersey.

I'd have to guess that Couturier will not fit normally on a size 50.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
01-13-2012, 02:09 PM
  #357
JVR21
G
 
JVR21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Went with Schenn on the WC and am going to hold into the home jersey.

I'd have to guess that Couturier will not fit normally on a size 50.
Good thinking, because you might've had to add a "B." to the Brayden Schenn home.

JVR21 is online now  
Old
01-15-2012, 02:24 PM
  #358
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Good thinking, because you might've had to add a "B." to the Brayden Schenn home.
It would be awesome if they went with the full name on back like the Sutter brothers did. Obviously, this comment is quite useless pending some crazy events...and how did we let this thread drop to the second page, shame on us for not talking enough about jerseys...

flountown is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 02:37 PM
  #359
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 500
Just curious, how much does a customized replica cost at the Skatezone? My girlfriend got us some Flyers/Leafs tickets in March and I'm thinking of picking her up a jersey for the game we go to. I'll be in Philly in February for a couple games and the carnival so I might pick it up then.

orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM
  #360
hof2120
Registered User
 
hof2120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 734
vCash: 500
Anyone know if there's any places that are selling/are going to sell replica versions of the Phantoms jerseys they wore against the Bears at CBP?

hof2120 is online now  
Old
01-15-2012, 07:24 PM
  #361
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Anyone know if there's any places that are selling/are going to sell replica versions of the Phantoms jerseys they wore against the Bears at CBP?
Highly unlikely would be my guess.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 07:27 PM
  #362
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Anyone know if there's any places that are selling/are going to sell replica versions of the Phantoms jerseys they wore against the Bears at CBP?
My guess is that the team will have some authentic versions for sale in the ADK fan store, so give them a call. Otherwise, no regular retail outlets will likely have them.

flountown is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 08:16 PM
  #363
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
My guess is that the team will have some authentic versions for sale in the ADK fan store, so give them a call. Otherwise, no regular retail outlets will likely have them.
While the outdoor classic jerseys are slightly different from one game wonders, the phantoms rarely made replicas of one game wonder jerseys.

That said I would think that IF the phantoms were to produce replicas they would have been available for purchase at the game where they could have sold them to the 45000 captive audience, not weeks later.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 08:26 PM
  #364
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
You can get a gamer on the NHL auction

Flyers845 is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 08:42 PM
  #365
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
While the outdoor classic jerseys are slightly different from one game wonders, the phantoms rarely made replicas of one game wonder jerseys.

That said I would think that IF the phantoms were to produce replicas they would have been available for purchase at the game where they could have sold them to the 45000 captive audience, not weeks later.
For something like this I would imagine only a few authentics would be available. There are some AHL teams that don't even sell replicas, simply they order a few extra 2.0's for sale at the fan shop.

flountown is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 08:53 PM
  #366
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,965
vCash: 500
Talked about it in passing with my brother, his friend went to the Schenn and Couturier signing today and he mentioned to Schenn about me having his jersey. My brother told me he "laughed" when told that. Didn't ask if anything else was said along with the laughing.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
  #367
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
For something like this I would imagine only a few authentics would be available. There are some AHL teams that don't even sell replicas, simply they order a few extra 2.0's for sale at the fan shop.
I've been to a lot of ahl arenas and I have to be honest and say that I havent been to a single one that didn't have replica jerseys for sale in the team's stores.

But, if they wanted to make money on this, they would have been available at the game.

I suspect that the ones on NHL.com won't go for all that much. If you don't care who wore it, i would predict that many will go for under $350. There aren't many "name" players on this phantoms squad.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 09:05 PM
  #368
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Talked about it in passing with my brother, his friend went to the Schenn and Couturier signing today and he mentioned to Schenn about me having his jersey. My brother told me he "laughed" when told that. Didn't ask if anything else was said along with the laughing.
Probably laughing that someone would spend that kind of money for a jersey. Most players can't believe how much collectors will pay for gamers.

pelts35.com is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
  #369
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Hey guys, I have a question related to jersey care. I might be overthinking this, but how do you keep your jerseys in your closet, do you hang them or fold them? The reason I'm asking is that I'm not sure whether leaving them on a hanger for long periods of time would result in a slight sag in the fabric. I don't know how to explain it better, but you probably know what I'm talking about, just a disfigurement from the original shape, I guess.

Ryker is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
  #370
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Hey guys, I have a question related to jersey care. I might be overthinking this, but how do you keep your jerseys in your closet, do you hang them or fold them? The reason I'm asking is that I'm not sure whether leaving them on a hanger for long periods of time would result in a slight sag in the fabric. I don't know how to explain it better, but you probably know what I'm talking about, just a disfigurement from the original shape, I guess.
I hang on hangers, never seen a problem. I know a ton of people do, as well, including their gamers.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 10:12 PM
  #371
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Cool, that's good to hear then.

Ryker is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 10:18 PM
  #372
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor
 
shipwreck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Yes, all mine are hanging too. I just try to get the widest hangars I can to put the hangar closer to the sleeves

shipwreck is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 10:59 PM
  #373
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Just don't use wire hangers, it'll cause hairline creases to form over time, the bulkier the hanger, the better in terms of long term hanging storage.

flountown is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
  #374
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Just don't use wire hangers, it'll cause hairline creases to form over time, the bulkier the hanger, the better in terms of long term hanging storage.




NO WIRE HANGERS... EVER!!!!!!!!!

Sawdalite is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:22 AM
  #375
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 50
hahah, wow, that woman does NOT like wire hangers.

StandingCow is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.