HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Monarchs Training Camp Updates

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2004, 09:06 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Bakersfield is an Independent or Unaffiliated ECHL team. Because of the NHL lockout, some players that likely would have been in LA are in Manchester and the bump down starts there. There are limited spots available in Reading given their dual affiliation. I see this as a temporary alignment except for maybe goalies. If Nowicki is in LA, it shouldn't be too bad of a drive to Bakersfield to work with a goalie there every now and then. It might even work out...I think they had Boxma placed with Long Beach a couple of seasons back...

Old
10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Bakersfield is an Independent or Unaffiliated ECHL team. Because of the NHL lockout, some players that likely would have been in LA are in Manchester and the bump down starts there. There are limited spots available in Reading given their dual affiliation. I see this as a temporary alignment except for maybe goalies. If Nowicki is in LA, it shouldn't be too bad of a drive to Bakersfield to work with a goalie there every now and then. It might even work out...I think they had Boxma placed with Long Beach a couple of seasons back...
It's about a hour and a half drive , maybe two hours. Crappy drive though

Old
10-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Word

Yutaka Fukufuji will start the season with Bakersfield on IR. Dont worry the curse hasnt returned. He has an immigration hearing sometime during the week of (Oct. 18th). Bakersfield will at least start the season with 3 goaltenders. He will be one of the three.

http://www.bakersfield.com/sports/co...-5057452c.html

Have to register to access link.

Old
10-13-2004, 09:33 AM
Fat Elvis

Comments made by Bruce the Monarchs head coach about this upcoming season and a few of our players.

"Mixed in with the rookies are solid, proven veteran performers in right wing Brad Smyth, left wing Chris Schmidt, right wing Tom Kostopoulos and defenseman Mike Weaver. Schmidt is a heart-and-soul guy thatís been with us from the start. Smyth, Kostopoulos and Weaver all have championship experience and know how to play this game. Their collective knowledge of the game will help our team get off to a good start.

Iím really impressed with what Iíve seen from center Michael Cammalleri since training camp began. Now in his third professional season, you can sense that heís ready to show everybody in the AHL just how good he can be. Iím excited about the prospect of seeing him in Manchester all season after watching him skate with the Los Angeles Kings for much of the last two years.

Yanick Lehoux is another player thatís had a strong training camp. In fact, heís never looked better than he has over the last two weeks. Heís confident and focused. Iím excited about what kind of season heís capable of having at center.

Tim Gleason and Denis Grebeshkov used the off-season to get bigger, stronger and quicker. Both are fine young defensemen that will play big minutes for us. Both also have long and successful NHL careers ahead of them with the Kings."

Old
10-13-2004, 11:19 AM
King Blazer

Last season, there were RUMORS circulating that Lehoux was less than happy with the wings he was partnered with. Included in today's Union Leader, was the Annual Monarchs Season Preview pull-out. Included in the Preview is an Article "Monarchs will rely on young guns"...from that article:

Boudreau on Lehoux:
"This is Yanick's year to do it...It is his time. He's been put in a position to succeed. He'll have two of the best wingers in the league. We're expecting an awful lot more than the 14 goals."

This is really the first time I can remember Boudreau publicly "calling out" Lehoux and his comment regarding Lehoux's wingers suggests that MAYBE Lehoux was vocal to Management about his linemates last season as was rumored....

Lehoux has looked real good in the pre-season games and practices...

Old
10-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Lehoux has looked real good in the pre-season games and practices...

He can do the math just like everyone else. If he does not have a big season that say goodby to his chances with the Kings.

Old
10-13-2004, 12:08 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
He can do the math just like everyone else. If he does not have a big season that say goodby to his chances with the Kings.
Absolutely. He had a couple of statements in the UL and on local TV last season about wanting to show everyone he could be "the go to guy". Well looks like he got his wish and it's "show time"!!!

Old
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Last season, there were RUMORS circulating that Lehoux was less than happy with the wings he was partnered with.
I'm trying to remember who he was partnered with. Was it Hayward and Ftorek?

ReggieMoto

Old
10-13-2004, 02:57 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
I'm trying to remember who he was partnered with. Was it Hayward and Ftorek?

ReggieMoto
I think he had them for a while, Barney for a bit, Clarke here and there, basically the "leftovers" after the recalls to LA and the Kelly-Rosa line was filled out...I sort of agree with Lehoux if the rumors are true, he hasn't really spent a lot of time centering "cream of the crop" guys...

Old
10-13-2004, 04:37 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
...basically the "leftovers" after the recalls to LA and the Kelly-Rosa line was filled out...
Yeah, that's how I remember it, too.

Old
10-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Hopefully he can make it to L.A.......

Old
10-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlep Rock
Connor James will likely be playing in Shreveport (CHL).
http://www.condorsonline.com/press_box/news.asp?id=542

10/16/04 Condors Add A Second LA Kings Prospect

Old
10-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Fat Elvis

I expected some place other than the ECHL for James with his skill and numbers he puts up. I guess the lock-out makes this things happen.

Closed Thread