HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergey Bobrovsky's interview to Sport-Express.ru

Old
12-25-2011, 08:30 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Sergey Bobrovsky's interview to Sport-Express.ru

Sergey Bobrovsky: “The report that Bryzgalov and I are not speaking to each other just a rumor.”

By Nataliya Shmeleva

After the game in Dallas everyone in the Flyers locker room fist bumped Bobrovsky and said “Molodec!” in Russian (Closest translation would be “way to go!” in my opinion, CSKA) . Moreover, there were more cheering words in Russian. Clearly, that the language barrier between Bobrovsky and the team has been lowered with the arrival of Bryzgalov.
It was evident that Bob was satisfied with his performance.
Q: I noticed that you skate inside the net before the initial face- off. Is it your pre -game ritual?
A: It’s my way to prepare for a game. You can call it a ritual. It helps me to concentrate and to prepare mentally.
Q: The goal in Dallas game was both quick and sudden. What went wrong?
A: That was a bad start. You are right, it was rather unexpected. But I was screened and did not see the shot. Everything was OK after that.
Q: What has Bryzgalov taught you?
A: I will not reveal all the secrets. It’s in between us goalies. We have our own language, But seriously, Ilya has told me stories about life and hockey.
Q: Really? There were rumors in the beginning of the season that you were not on speaking terms.
A: I have no idea why. We communicate well- we have become friends.
Q: Do you follow Russian news?
A: I do not follow the press even hockey. All my spare time I dedicate to my beloved wife. During the trips I read books and share dinners with Ilya.
Q: What are you reading now?
A: A book by Akunin, very interesting.
Q: Have you been interested at all in WJC?
A: Certainly. I will peek into it if I have time. I watched the final game last year. We had just got into a hotel in New Jersey and I was able to see the Canada- Russia game.
Q: You have played about 1/3 of all the games. How is being determined in Philadelphia which goalie will play?
A: I learn about it 1 day before a game. And I have no idea when I will be playing again.
Q: May be you can ask the coach yourself to play you; or to relieve you if you are not feeling well?
A: If I do this, it will be very disrespectful to my friend. Of course, if I get sick, I can decline to play. But I have to let them know in advance, so that the partner can get ready. I would not want to put him under undue pressure.
Q: There is an avalanche of concussions in the league. May be it can be explained by the fact that players used to ignore their symptoms and returned to play still concussed?
A: I have not had a concussion yet (knocks on wood). There is enormous competition in the NHL; so I would agree that some guys had returned to the ice without finishing medical treatments. On the other hand the speed of the game has risen. You lose your concentration for a moment and you are hit by a freight train. Therefore number of injuries has increased.
Q: How is your English? Better?
A: A little bit, I have to communicate. But I am not able to give an interview yet. I understand a lot, but have difficulty speaking. I mix up the order of words in a sentence, and it sounds funny. But I am not really concerned about it – everything will fall in place with more time.
Q: Do you still have a problem with the shortage of Russian groceries in the USA?
A: (Smiles) My wife is now responsible for purchases- I don’t do shopping anymore.
Q: Does having your wife here help your job?
A: Of course. Olga and I have wonderful relationship. It was difficult prior to her arrival- I was alone with my thoughts. Now, with her here, I have full support.

Last edited by CSKA1974: 12-25-2011 at 08:50 PM.
CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:38 PM
hotshot26

Thanks for sharing! These are always a great read

hotshot26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:51 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

That's great to hear he and Ilya are becoming closer. I was very worried there'd be a Russian void in the locker room at some point this year the way Bob handled the news of being the back-up again. Hopefully they push each other to be great, because Bob has a very feisty, determined mindset, whereas Bryz seems very happy-go-lucky.

Thank you for posting

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Thanks as always! These are always great!

Before the season it seemed (in the media, at least) like Bob and Bryz saw each other as competition. After the Dallas game when Bryz skated over to Bob to hug and congratulate him it seemed clear they had certainly become closer. Bob really seems like an up-standing individual.

12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
captainpaxil

poor guy hasnt found bells corner yet?

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:19 PM
SgtJoseph

Another excellent interview for Bob.....He really seems to be well grounded for a young lad who was not drafted and found himself at the Flyers doorstep a little over a year ago....He is slowly building a nice resume as an NHL goal tender.....I hope he goes far in his NHL career whether it be here in Philly or elsewhere, i will always be a fan of his.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
zarley zelepukin

Didn't know he got married. I remember last year a couple times he visited his girl and I think had rough starts afterward. Good for Bob and nice interview.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Ilya has told me stories about life and hockey.
I bet he has.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Kaktus*

I would translate it as atta boy or my man.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
I would translate it as atta boy or my man.
Thank you! I am about to post 2 more translated articles. Look forward to your feedback.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:33 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Great read, as always! He seems like a perfect partner for Bryz right now, I'm loving this combination.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM
decadentia

Honestly, with Bryz struggling, knowing that Bobo won't likely request a trade due to feeling left out...kind of eases the pain. Hopefully they can get it together.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote