HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

If Leino, Gerbe, Myers, Tropp and Ennis return, who is gonna play?

Old
12-27-2011, 10:16 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Vanek-Hecht-Pominville
Stafford-Roy-Boyes
Leino-Adam-Kassian
Ennis/Kaleta-Goose-Gerbe/McCormick

Regehr-Myers
Sekera-Ehrhoff
McNabb-Leopold
x Weber
This with the 4th line being:

Ennis - Gaustad - Gerbe

Actually I like that line......

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 10:40 PM
JoeyB8810

vCash: 500
Mcnabb and ehrhoff have played together right?

JoeyB8810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclubber25 View Post
youre right boyes' price tag is outrageous for his production, but welcome to the NHL.. id rather that money be spent elsewhere too. however, i like what boyes brings. im not willing to dump his salary jsut to have space for ??? unless we know we are bringing in a better player with a better value, i dont think we should do it.

boyes might not produce a PPG but when hes on the ice hes generally one of our better players at maintaining the puck in the oppositions zone. thats a facet of the game that stats dont defend. wearing down the other team is important. hecht excels at this too. "intangibles" if you will. by doing this they create room for other lazy skilled players like roy and stafford so they can "dangle" instead of work for pucks.

.. and before you throw the matt ellis can do that for half the $.. lets remember that matt ellis isnt brad boyes. boyes is still a dangerous player whether hes tapped into that as a sabre yet or not. he has a cannon and slick hands too. he just also has the ability to grind which makes him a more valuable player than most people are willing to admit.

i think with the amount of guys we should be getting back and keeping back for a while (knock on wood) we have some serious options as far as trade bait now. weve got underachieving skilled vets like roy and stafford then weve got promising young players like .. well all of our callups .. so if weve ever needed leverage to make some moves its certainly now, as were finally getting healthy.

i wouldnt mind seeing stafford/roy, gerbe/enis, sekera/gragnani, packaged with any one of our callups to bring in a stud center and a battle hardened vet
If Roy and Stafford can get us that elite #1, I'm all for it. I'm talking about someone like Getzlaf, Malkin, etc. I'm not talking about a player like Staal, Krejci and those sort. Would rather keep Roy. I think Lukey could be ready for the #2 center spot next year.

I agree with what you said about Boyes. He's pretty good on the walls, not many of our forwards are as good on the walls as he is and that is where you need to win the battles. I wouldn't mind keeping him over Stafford if Stafford could net us a nice return. I think Boyes would do well in a top 6 role.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:32 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB8810 View Post
Mcnabb and ehrhoff have played together right?
They did last game...

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 06:33 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
If Roy and Stafford can get us that elite #1, I'm all for it. I'm talking about someone like Getzlaf, Malkin, etc. I'm not talking about a player like Staal, Krejci and those sort. Would rather keep Roy. I think Lukey could be ready for the #2 center spot next year.

I agree with what you said about Boyes. He's pretty good on the walls, not many of our forwards are as good on the walls as he is and that is where you need to win the battles. I wouldn't mind keeping him over Stafford if Stafford could net us a nice return. I think Boyes would do well in a top 6 role.
Honestly, I'd have to agree with that...I especially like boyes on the pp...seems to get the unit moving.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Mrbazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
so hecht is a healthy scratch in your lineup to play ennis at 1c? Considering he hasnt played C in the nhl yet?......I thought Ruff was bad lol...jk i like the creativity but the fact remains no team ends up completely healthy so thats good news, I agree we have great depth when healthy which is a good thing.

V-H-P

Staff-Roy-Boyes(looked great tonight)

Ennis-Adam-Boyes(ennis and boyes hard work along the boards help set up adams shot...ill admit its a defensive liability)

gerbe-goose-kassian

(sorry i love kaleta as much as anyone but the honeymoon is over)
Unfortunately I don't think boyes is good enough to play on 2 lines

Mrbazzy is offline   Reply With Quote