Hamill ready to assist: Playmaker eager for additional roles

Old
12-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

vCash: 500
Hamill ready to assist: Playmaker eager for additional roles

Quote:
He’s playing like a guy who wants to stay and we’ve always talked about [that] guys who deserve to be here are going to be here. He hasn’t given us any reason right now to want to change our mind with regards to that.’’
Quote:
Hamill went to the coaches and asked about becoming a penalty killer, and has been given a chance.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...l_Sports_links

Keep it up Zach!

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

Give him the C already.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I wonder if they kept him off the playoff black aces to light a fire under his ass.

Imagine the feeling of seeing all those guys drafted 2-3 years after you skate around with the cup. Some of them not even 1st round picks.

Must have been maddening.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I wonder if they kept him off the playoff black aces to light a fire under his ass.

Imagine the feeling of seeing all those guys drafted 2-3 years after you skate around with the cup. Some of them not even 1st round picks.

I think you are 100% correct. Saw a crazy stat in the comments section of the article:

Caron: 13 games, +0
Hamill 6 games, +5

The fact that he asked for a chance on the PK makes me love him even more. People thought a few of us were nuts in camp when we said he's about to turn the corner.

Tough decisions are ahead for CJ etc.

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Shaun
twitter:shaunjamesss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post

****ing Trent Whitfield was dancing around with the cup like he scored the winning goal in overtime. If he was a blackace over me I probably would have killed myself.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:46 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Looks like Peverley may be out for tomorrow's game so Hamill should get to play again.

But what happens when everyone is healthy? I think he's solidified himself as the 13th forward but has he played well enough to earn a permanent spot?
Technically I think he has... however, everyone else is playing really awesome too. The only player on this team I would consider sitting for a game or two to either rest him up or light a fire under him is Horton. I love Nate but he just doesn't seem like himself.

Other than him, I can't see sitting anyone else in favor of Zach. And again that's not because I don't think he's played well.. just that everyone is doing their job to a perfect T

But it's awesome he's asking for more responsibility. I really want him to net his first goal before he goes back to being a healthy scratch

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Barresi

I really want this guy to succeed.

Barresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:01 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Same here, he's really improved from his early days in providence. You can tell he has even from his interviews, he is showing something we haven't seen in him before : confidence

He's got the skills, now he's gaining confidence

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
westernhome

If I had a choice in an important game right now I'd rather see Hamill than Horton

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
nitric
German Engineering

We all know how good Claude Julien is at playing those who deserve it. Who are working and showing the effort on the ice. Good for Hamill, he wants to be here and who wouldn't.

I think that at the very least, not hearing 400 kids screaming along to spongebob squarepants EVERY third period in Providence has to be motivation to get the hell out of there. They need to stop that. ***** annoying.

nitric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Thought I saw something that said if he plays 5 more games he will have to clear waivers. Maybe there will be some decisions to make....they have the cap space....but are the bruins willing to let him stay for the rest of the year?

Not sure Providence is the best place to develope....but if he is here for the year it has to be better for him developement wise. Providence sucks.

Im rootin for the kid. If he really wants to impress me....he would drop em with Gionta. You know....someone his size. That would definatley open some eyes and change how people feel about him.

Kosikarzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Give him the C already.
LOL, when I saw this thread, How did I know you'd be in it?

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:23 PM
TCL40

I think Hamill has earned himself the 13th forward spot and either the team should carry two forwards or send Caron back down (my guess is this is very likely what they do since Carong doesn't have to clear waivers to be called up or sent down).

I still think Hamill or Caron will be part of a trade by the deadline and Hamill playing well may increase his value.

Either way Hamill has played hard and played well enough IMO that he should be able to stick around as the 13th forward.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
Thought I saw something that said if he plays 5 more games he will have to clear waivers. Maybe there will be some decisions to make....they have the cap space....but are the bruins willing to let him stay for the rest of the year?

Not sure Providence is the best place to develope....but if he is here for the year it has to be better for him developement wise. Providence sucks.

Im rootin for the kid. If he really wants to impress me....he would drop em with Gionta. You know....someone his size. That would definatley open some eyes and change how people feel about him.
Your right. He can only stay up for 10 games and then needs to clear waivers but he should be here for the rest of the season. It's time to let him stay. Caron can go up and down so let him do it. Hamill has earned his time and has shown constant effort in every game his been in. I'd rather him be the 13th forward than Caron.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
If I had a choice in an important game right now I'd rather see Hamill than Horton
Horton's not playing well right now, but he was pretty good last spring...

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 03:56 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Your right. He can only stay up for 10 games and then needs to clear waivers but he should be here for the rest of the season. It's time to let him stay. Caron can go up and down so let him do it. Hamill has earned his time and has shown constant effort in every game his been in. I'd rather him be the 13th forward than Caron.
I can't see the Bruins sending Hamill back when his 10 games are up. Especially with the news that Peverley has some sort of ailment that is supposedly going to bother him all season long. And Hamill is more like Peverley than Caron is so slotting Zach in when Rich needs a day off here and there should be seemless.

Old
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

If he plays as he has I'd like to see him on the 3rd line with Pouliot becoming the 13th forward. Hamil-Kelly-Peverley > Pouliot-Kelly-Peverley... assuming of course we don't trade for a more skilled winger at the deadline.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
SerenityRick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
If he plays as he has I'd like to see him on the 3rd line with Pouliot becoming the 13th forward. Hamil-Kelly-Peverley > Pouliot-Kelly-Peverley... assuming of course we don't trade for a more skilled winger at the deadline.
Be realistic.. Pouliot isn't going to be the 13th forward unless the wheels fall off.

He's earned playing on that third line more than Hamill has.. And I like Hamill.

Old
12-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
I can't see the Bruins sending Hamill back when his 10 games are up. Especially with the news that Peverley has some sort of ailment that is supposedly going to bother him all season long. And Hamill is more like Peverley than Caron is so slotting Zach in when Rich needs a day off here and there should be seemless.

Your scenario makes sense. Hamill seems like he would be better as a back-up for Peverly.

Caron needs to play a lot and that is more likely to happen in Providence.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:04 PM
hooked

The kid just needs to bury one.

hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Your scenario makes sense. Hamill seems like he would be better as a back-up for Peverly.

Caron needs to play a lot and that is more likely to happen in Providence.
Exactly right. Caron needs to play out the rest of the year in Providence; he has everything to learn there. Hamill needs to be in Boston, whether its on the ice or in the pressbox.

If Hamill develops even more grit, and becomes a bit stonger on his skates, he will be a good 3rd line center for almost any team in the league.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Marc Savard
06/15/2011. x3

Its been a long way coming now lets hope it will be a long way suceeding for him but for now he has to take it one step/shift at a time.

Marc Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 08:15 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Be realistic.. Pouliot isn't going to be the 13th forward unless the wheels fall off.

He's earned playing on that third line more than Hamill has.. And I like Hamill.
Intangibles such as hard work are great; I also want results. 2 assists in 27 or so games doesn't cut it for me when his two lines mates are on pace for career seasons. He'd be a decent 4th liner for his grit and effort, and he does have a decent shot. He gets his points for being in the right place at the right time. I'd rather have a constant threat out there on the 3rd line. Not to take anything away from him as he has earned some ice time... but as a 3rd liner? Nope, not even close yet.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 09:15 PM
nonoffensiveusername

Quote:
Intangibles such as hard work are great; I also want results. 2 assists in 27 or so games doesn't cut it for me when his two lines mates are on pace for career seasons. He'd be a decent 4th liner for his grit and effort, and he does have a decent shot. He gets his points for being in the right place at the right time. I'd rather have a constant threat out there on the 3rd line. Not to take anything away from him as he has earned some ice time... but as a 3rd liner? Nope, not even close yet.
Took Pouliot what, 15 or so games to get comfortable with the system and start contributing points? Kelly and Peverly had already been playing together since the trade deadline last year and knew the system well by the time the playoffs came around. Pouliot is getting it and is showing he's a threat, because being in the right place at the right time IS being a threat, especially when Pouliot is showing he can finish. Cut the guy a break, he's more than proved he deserves to be on the third line.

nonoffensiveusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
BobbyMarks1

Quote:
Lol. Pouliot>Hamill and it really isn't close. Assists? You don't get assists playing his game, you just create a goal or two a game with your net front presence.

BobbyMarks1 is offline   Reply With Quote