HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/27/11 "And You Are...?" - Marlies VS Rampage

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2011, 11:08 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

vCash: 500
Definitely a huge win tonight. Had some dumb ***** Leafs fan behind us cheering Gudbranson getting hurt and pleading with the Leafs to keep going after him to hurt him worse. But what can ya do? Fun atmosphere for the most part.

Old
12-27-2011, 11:15 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Can somebody, ANYBODY, explain the kick in goal being allowed? Because it was deemed accidental? Couldn't make out that much detail on our wonder blurry jumbotron.

Old
12-27-2011, 11:16 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Definitely a huge win tonight. Had some dumb ***** Leafs fan behind us cheering Gudbranson getting hurt and pleading with the Leafs to keep going after him to hurt him worse. But what can ya do? Fun atmosphere for the most part.
Shame dude, me and my dad were hi fiving the Leafs fans behind us after every goal no matter which team.

Apparently I've been lucky not to run into any Canadian I don't absolutely love!

Old
12-28-2011, 12:17 AM
gizmo12688

Just got home and very happy to see the final score. Need to watch the highlights.

Old
12-28-2011, 12:53 AM
p9ers

It's the wrong recap on nhl.com.

They are talking about the Tampa vs Phillie game.
I want to know what happened in the Panthers game! What a win, really didn't thought they could pull this off, impressive.

Old
12-28-2011, 03:41 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Best game in Repik's career, by a mile.. After he got lucky with that bounce, he really seemed to have a great deal of confidence... Holding the puck along the boards, being patient, making nice passes and really using his speed.. Would be nice if he could figure it out
Agreed! He really stood out this game, nice to see. i just tuned in to the game after the guds goal and was surprised to see him going to the net and providing the screen.

Old
12-28-2011, 04:06 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Can somebody, ANYBODY, explain the kick in goal being allowed? Because it was deemed accidental? Couldn't make out that much detail on our wonder blurry jumbotron.
There was no definate kicking motion.

Old
12-28-2011, 05:01 AM
billysbreakdown

Ahh the joy of waking up to a Panthers win.....

Definately didn't expect a win this week.

Old
12-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Nice to pick up 2points and always nice to send opposing teams fans home with a loss after invading our house.

Lol@ Bill Thomas's breakaway goal, bout time we got a lucky break. Still think that kick-in goal should not have been allowed because from one of the replays it sure looked like it was kicked. Shouldn't matter if it was accidental or not IMO. Repik's best game as a Panther, he was all over the ice. Now I hope Weiss is back for next game.

Old
12-28-2011, 06:14 AM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 0
nhl.com: Cats end skid - What a re-leaf

Old
12-28-2011, 06:57 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Always nice to pound on the Leafs. Listening to the Leafs homer announcers all night...sounded like we lost or deserved to anyway Just because we scored those three goals in like four minutes does not mean the Leafs owned the rest of the game. I thought we were deadly on the PK and had better scoring chances than the Leafs when they were on the PP (we are missing a ton of our PK guys too due to injuries). I know the Leafs have 5 or 6 guys out, but not the impact players that we have out by any means. The Leafs are not built for the playoffs with porous defense and shaky tenders. I don't think the Panthers need to win the division to get into the playoffs (better than the Leafs,Sens,Devils,Lightning and Jets just to name a few...when healthy of course).

Guds played his best game tonight since being in a Panthers uniform. Steeg looked soild for most of the night. Flash was not at his best, but still contributed on the scoresheet. The Leafs were the first team in awhile that did not scout Garrison on the PP, bad coaching there to give him that much time and space.
- Our PK was unusually efficent offensively. I remember at least 3 good scoring chances on the PK. Guys were really skating up with the puck and putting shots on the net (or trying to anyways).

- Other than that mistake Gudbs made on the first? goal, I thought he played great too. Repik should of followed Gudbs down lower on the goal to the hash marks, but still a blind bank pass in the corner with a player chasing him is a bad play.
That being said he did play really good, espically in the 2nd I believe was when he was stuck on the ice for what felt like 2 straight min. He let comes come to him last night instead of trying to do too much. Used his big frame well (almost blocked a shot with his head!)

- Versteeg was good. He is total blame on the second goal, as Kopescky? had his made cornered, and Versteeg just floated over to help, leaving his man (Phaneuf) open. Most of the game he was hard on the boards, with some good stickhandling through Leafs. While Weiss is out he really needs to keep it up and be a presence on the ice. Not a big fan at all of having him on the PK, but he suprised me last night and did a decent job. I think his presence and patience with the puck help our PK become more dangerous offensively.

Old
12-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
My take from the game -

Repik played the strongest game I've seen him play all year, he seemed to be all over the ice with confidence, which was good to see.

I thought Theodore played exceptionally well considering we hung him out to dry a few times and he came up with the big save.

Aside from Garrison, Campbell has to be the best defenseman we've easily ever had, I think that will go down in history as one of the best Panthers trades ever.

Bring on the Rangers!

Old
12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
- Our PK was unusually efficent offensively. I remember at least 3 good scoring chances on the PK. Guys were really skating up with the puck and putting shots on the net (or trying to anyways).

- Other than that mistake Gudbs made on the first? goal, I thought he played great too. Repik should of followed Gudbs down lower on the goal to the hash marks, but still a blind bank pass in the corner with a player chasing him is a bad play.
That being said he did play really good, espically in the 2nd I believe was when he was stuck on the ice for what felt like 2 straight min. He let comes come to him last night instead of trying to do too much. Used his big frame well (almost blocked a shot with his head!)

- Versteeg was good. He is total blame on the second goal, as Kopescky? had his made cornered, and Versteeg just floated over to help, leaving his man (Phaneuf) open. Most of the game he was hard on the boards, with some good stickhandling through Leafs. While Weiss is out he really needs to keep it up and be a presence on the ice. Not a big fan at all of having him on the PK, but he suprised me last night and did a decent job. I think his presence and patience with the puck help our PK become more dangerous offensively.
Guds turned it over twice in that series he tried a long outlet pass that got intercepted at center ice then the lazy no looker up the boards. These guys get in more trouble with those stupid no look passes Versteeg did it the other night Guds tonight. It drives me nuts its bad enough when you turn it over in the offensive zone that way but doing it in your defensive zone is just stupid. Glad we got the win seemed like everybody played hard last night even Dads was moving pretty good and putting forth an effort.

Old
12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Boooooth10

Pretty cool pic up on NHL.com

Old
12-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

How much of the place was Leaf fans?? It sounded very loud. Heard LGP drowning out GLG on several occasions.

ESPN listed the game attendance at 106% capacity (20,406). Full house and competing against a Heat Celtics game.

Old
12-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This

Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Pretty cool pic up on NHL.com

Old
12-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Great game last night. Got scoring from top to bottom and inbetween, lol. Bill Thomas' break away goal was ridiculous, but of course we'll take it.

Repik was great last night, was good to see. Didn't notice Dadonov once, nor Cullen, really. Theo stellar as usual.

Thought Barch made a difference out there several times last night. Twice in Phanuef's face when he started shoving guys, once being Kennedy, loved seeing that.

12-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Great game last night. Got scoring from top to bottom and inbetween, lol. Bill Thomas' break away goal was ridiculous, but of course we'll take it.

Repik was great last night, was good to see. Didn't notice Dadonov once, nor Cullen, really. Theo stellar as usual.

Thought Barch made a difference out there several times last night. Twice in Phanuef's face when he started shoving guys, once being Kennedy, loved seeing that.
I agree with your assesment on Barch, the guys is a pest like Darcy Hordichuk

Old
12-28-2011, 07:29 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:

Dads made the pass that sent Thomas on his breakaway and he was actually hustling last night. A lot more than in the Boston game anyway.

And Kennedy and Phanuef went at it a few times last night it was pretty funny he was annoying Phanuef all night. Jovo was more aggressive last night as well he was getting in the face anybody who came near Theo.

Old
12-29-2011, 01:26 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
How much of the place was Leaf fans?? It sounded very loud. Heard LGP drowning out GLG on several occasions.

ESPN listed the game attendance at 106% capacity (20,406). Full house and competing against a Heat Celtics game.
there was alot, but clearly more panthers fans. id say 15,000 panther fans, 5,000 leaf fans.

i got the the arena just as the puck was being dropped and i saw alot of panther fans walking back to their cars as i was walking up....im assuming they stopped selling standing-room only tickets. at what point is the cut-off for that? it's funny to see a building with a capacity of 19,250 get a crowd of almost 20,500.

Old
12-29-2011, 03:36 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:

I remember in the last couple minutes, after a strong game like you mentioned, Dineen actually had Barch out there in our end. The puck came to his point, he made a great shot block all the way down the ice. Great to see

Closed Thread