HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gorges in a BIG deal

Old
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Subban76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
I must have missed the part where Beaulieu played second pairing and PK for Montreal through their playoff push last year and then played second pairing for two playoff rounds, all the while looking great doing so.

Wait, that was Blum with Nashville, nevermind then...
lol

And I must be missing is -13 this year playing on the 3rd pair against weak opposition And is 6 pts in 31 games for someone with offense to his game is really impressive

Anybody can have these flashes of brilliance that you mention. Subban did the same is 1st year, does not mean they will keep up this play for ever.

To declare Blum better than Beaulieu at this time in their respective careers is fuc**ng hilarious. In fact, having seen both players play, I prefer Beaulieu and would not trade him for Blum, but its too early to say who's best.

You're just being a biased homer and its quite funny seeing you trying to defend it with "logical" arguments.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

every team wants Gorges

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Nsh: Gorges, Kulemin, 2nd(mtl)
Mtl: Suter, Lombardi, 2nd(tor)
Tor: Camalleri, Budish,

Sterling31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I don't see Gorges leaving Montreal.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:16 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
#3??!?!

Gorges is #1. No question about it. Best and most consistent player on the team.
Just because a defenseman is PLAYING like a #1 doesn't mean he is one. Similar situation in San Jose this year. Vlasic has far and away been our best defenseman this year, but he's the #3 behind Boyle and Burns, no question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Suter IS better than Gorges by quite a bit. Beaulieu is better than Blum. I have seen both play, and believe me, Beaulieu is going to be amazing. If not for the fact that he is so young, and we have a lot of young guys already playing this season, he would have made the team out of training camp. Thankfully, management finally did something right with a young prospect and sent him back to get the seasoning he needs.

By the way, I WAS trying to make a ludicrous comparison. Nice to see you got it...sort of...sigh...
I've also seen Beaulieu and Blum both play and from a neutral perspective, Blum is better. Blum is a two-way defenseman in the Suter mold, and Beaulieu is an offensive defenseman with very suspect defense. Blum is having a poor year so far, but you can't disregard how he played down the stretch last year. He looked better than Weber and Suter some nights. He has elite potential, but he has proven that he can be a top-4 d-man in the NHL at the very least. He played with Weber against top comp last year when Suter was out. Blum is far, far more proven than Beaulieu and has a higher potential.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
phlocky

I think everyone might have the wrong idea abut any deal betwen the Habs and Preds with all this pissing contest going on in here. I heard that Weber is out indefinitely with a concussion now and if that's true then I think the Preds would be looking to add in a dman without taking one away from their current roster.

With the Habs season looking to be heading into the "header" it's most likely that Gorges could be traded to the Preds for "futures" (you know, picks/prospects not currently on the roster).

I think that a deal of AK + Gorges for Ellis/Josi + 2012 1st is a deal that could potenitaly be in the works. The Preds add some much needed offense and a stop-gap dman while Weber is out who can help solidify their 2nd pairing once Weber returns or be flipped to another team at the deadline if he's no longer needed. The Habs add a solid defensive prospect and a 1st in a very good draft. I personally think it's a win-win for both sides and that means that both fan bases will probably hate it (Preds fans thinking they don't need those guys or the cost is too high, Habs fans thinking they aren't getting enough, etc).

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:43 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I think everyone might have the wrong idea abut any deal betwen the Habs and Preds with all this pissing contest going on in here. I heard that Weber is out indefinitely with a concussion now and if that's true then I think the Preds would be looking to add in a dman without taking one away from their current roster.

With the Habs season looking to be heading into the "header" it's most likely that Gorges could be traded to the Preds for "futures" (you know, picks/prospects not currently on the roster).

I think that a deal of AK + Gorges for Ellis/Josi + 2012 1st is a deal that could potenitaly be in the works. The Preds add some much needed offense and a stop-gap dman while Weber is out who can help solidify their 2nd pairing once Weber returns or be flipped to another team at the deadline if he's no longer needed. The Habs add a solid defensive prospect and a 1st in a very good draft. I personally think it's a win-win for both sides and that means that both fan bases will probably hate it (Preds fans thinking they don't need those guys or the cost is too high, Habs fans thinking they aren't getting enough, etc).
Except that Ellis is exactly what the Habs do not need. Another 5'10 offensive minded puck-moving d-man... We have that more than covered... (Subban/Weber/Diaz/Kaberle/Markov not to mention Bealieu in pipe)

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post

you don't know the habs needs if you think this deal is going down. habs don't need ellis...and will want to keep gorges; AK might be available for that first or a kid like Blake Geoffrion

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Can't imagine Montreal moving their best(?) d-man.
Why not, he not that great or big in size, Just because he's a hab don't make him the best. He's not signed anyway, and not worth 4-5 mil IMO.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
If he's being dealt it's because they cannot come to terms with him and he is a UFA in the summer.

Perhaps taking on Kaberle's contract was all about 'because he was signed already.'

There's also the matter of Subban's extension and of course Carey Price. But writing-off Markov (and Gomez) should help there.

The question is how much is Gorges worth on the open market? As a youngish 'top-pair-capable' UFA, probably a lot. Esp. after watching what Wiz and Ehrhoff gathered. But let's be real... Gorges being Mtl's best defenseman at the moment is precisely the problem with Mtl.

TOML
dont be worried about "Subban's extension " the way he's playing one mill more than he makes right now should do it.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote