HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #36 - St Louis Blues @ Detroit Redwings

Old
12-27-2011, 09:00 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 5000
And a penalty on Arnott.... game over

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 349
Terrible call

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TerminatorBlue

vCash: 500
Of course gotta make sure we have no chance to come back with the last 2 minutes.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frostyflo
#peskyblues

what a bull**** call!

but if you hold Pie its ok, eh?

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Cochise22

Do they not know how to show a proper replay on a penalty called against the blues?

Cochise22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Penalty Blues..... thats game.

We will have to agree to disagree. IMO we got away from our game. We let Detroit control the pace and more importantly the puck in the third. Aside from a few odd shifts we have had no offensive pressure this period at all.

Blanick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:05 PM
ItsOnlytheRiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post

We will have to agree to disagree. IMO we got away from our game. We let Detroit control the pace and more importantly the puck in the third. Aside from a few odd shifts we have had no offensive pressure this period at all.
This sounds vaguely similar to what fans of opposing teams have said when dominated by the Blues earlier this year. They ran out of gas in the third. Call it whatever you want if it makes you feel better.

ItsOnlytheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Stang

well **** **** damn...we gave up 2 points that game

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:07 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Despite the Blues playing a poor 3rd, Howard stood on his head a fair bit tonight.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Robb_K

As we say in The Netherlands: Fooeiii!!!

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:08 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post

agreed! we lost it by ourself, the refs just sealed it

Old
12-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Blues0307

The better team won tonight. Detroit outplayed us and wanted it more. The Blues gassed in the 3rd, and Detroit went for the kill.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:12 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
Despite the Blues playing a poor 3rd, Howard stood on his head a fair bit tonight.
IMO he wasn`t that good, we helped him alot (per example Dags shooting low when Howard already lays down). the only real robbed Blue was Shatty

you just think he was god-like when the announcers get an orgasm everytime we shoot the puck on his chest

Old
12-27-2011, 09:14 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
IMO he wasn`t that good, we helped him alot (per example Dags shooting low when Howard already lays down). the only real robbed Blue was Shatty

you just think he was god-like when the announcers get an orgasm everytime we shoot the puck on his chest
Good point. I didn't realize McGuire loved Detroit almost as much as he loves Crosby.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

It's ridiculous to call it a collapse. Both goals were unstoppable in the third: a highly skilled tip and a screened shot that hit the post and went in. Yes, the Wings carried the play. They'd come in having won 10 in a row at home and are one of the best teams in the league. Of course there was going to be some stretch of the highly competitive game where the Wings carried play. The Blues carried play the majority of the game on the road in a tough building and the Wings got two goals nobody would've stopped. It sucks, it's bad luck, but the Blues gave a huge effort, even while shorthanded defensively in the third. There was no letdown or any time where they stopped skating. That stop on Shattenkirk followed by the Lidstrom goal at the end of the 2d was a bad break and allowed a Wings team that was being outplayed back in it.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
govw

I think Doc Emerick wants to have the Redwings love-child. He is so in love with those guys. Mispronounciation of the Blues player's names, stupid descriptions, etc. Geez, man. Be a professional.

govw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Blanick
Winter is coming

Third period shots

Detroit: 13
Blues: 3

That pretty much sums it all up, We sat back on our heels in the third thinking we could easily seal away the one goal game. I know it's only one game but that is a hard one to swallow. Should have won that one. This conference is too tight to give games away like that.

Oh well back at it on Friday, really need find a way to beat Nashville they have owned us so far this year, then back to the Joe on Sat. Very big back to back coming.

Blanick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
The better team won tonight. Detroit outplayed us and wanted it more. The Blues gassed in the 3rd, and Detroit went for the kill.

I wouldn't say Detroit outplayed the Blues. The 3rd period, yes, but not the first 2 periods.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Jzk

vCash: 1227
The Blues lost that game in the neutral zone plain and simple. They didn't get the puck in deep and Detroit locked the game down defensively.

Jzk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:24 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

ok, they deserved it, lets move on

for fun: the 2 faces of the DRW fanbase

the better one
"What a weak ass call.
How can it be a high stick when Flip's face is so low"

the not so good one
"the blues are just a dirty cheap shot tea."

guess he/she meant team but even then its ridiculous

Old
12-27-2011, 09:25 PM
simon in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
It's ridiculous to call it a collapse. Both goals were unstoppable in the third: a highly skilled tip and a screened shot that hit the post and went in. Yes, the Wings carried the play. They'd come in having won 10 in a row at home and are one of the best teams in the league. Of course there was going to be some stretch of the highly competitive game where the Wings carried play. The Blues carried play the majority of the game on the road in a tough building and the Wings got two goals nobody would've stopped. It sucks, it's bad luck, but the Blues gave a huge effort, even while shorthanded defensively in the third. There was no letdown or any time where they stopped skating. That stop on Shattenkirk followed by the Lidstrom goal at the end of the 2d was a bad break and allowed a Wings team that was being outplayed back in it.
I agree with you here. It was a disappointing game, but there are a few positives we can take from it. Most importantly, perhaps now we know what it takes to play with the big boys. Hopefully our areas of weakness can be identified and addressed at all levels, (i.e, by the players, the coaching staff and hopefully management) so that we can be better prepared for the playoffs.

simon in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
SoulChaser17

What the ****. I couldn't watch the third period because I was dealing with some personal problems that made my night worse, and then I come back to see the Blues ****ing gave up their lead and LOST.

Oh my god this night is so ****ing terrible. I hate life.

SoulChaser17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:36 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Yes, Detroit outshot the Blues in the 3d but the shots were essentially dead even for the game. That game could've gone so easily either way. The Blues had many odd man rushes the first two periods and they converted 0 of them. I did not at all see a passive Blues team in the third, I saw a tired team that was short a defenseman attempting to hold off a few world class players who were playing at their competitive best. Honestly, what were the Blues supposed to do, break Datsyuk's legs? The guy was flying. It takes a lot of energy to do what the Blues did the first two periods. In the end they didn't have quite the lineup and there are some forwards who didn't contribute much. Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Jackman were incredible tonight. Backes and Steen brought it as usual. The Wings had two power plays to none for the Blues in the third, so why is anyone surprised they had a more pronounced shot edge?

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I wouldn't say Detroit outplayed the Blues. The 3rd period, yes, but not the first 2 periods.

Agreed, I meant to say they outplayed us down the stretch.

I thought Elliott played a great game. Nothing he could do on those two goals in the 3rd. I wish we could've helped him out a bit more, but the team's banged up right now, so I'm not too worried about it.

Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Robb_K

tough to lose a defenceman early in a game against The Wings in their building. alternating 5 over 3 shifts is tough against a fast-skating team. They got tired in the 3rd. It showed, without a doubt. I hope Huskins is ready to replace Russell, and that Russell isn't out too long. I guess Cole may be called up, as well.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote