HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryzgalov's Interview to Sport-Express.ru (after the game in Dallas)

Old
12-27-2011, 03:32 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Bryzgalov's Interview to Sport-Express.ru (after the game in Dallas)

Below is Bryz's interview to Sport-Express.ru. As always, I kept it as close to the original as possible. Also, I deleted the discussion of the Russian National team woes.

Ilya Bryzgalov: “I might have made a mistake with my occupation. Perhaps, it’s time to become an actor”

Byzgalov’s interview to Sport- Express.ru by Natliya Shmeleva (from Dallas)

"Black Holes"

Q: Please tell our readers about HBO series that made you a TV “star”.
A: The show is called 24/7- the road to winter classic and it is dedicated to 2 hockey teams that will be playing in outdoor game on January 2. It tells people about players and teams on and off the ice. The show tapes conversations and interactions between players, their emotions. My first interview took about an hour; they asked many different questions about life.
Q: You are aware that your answers were the instant hit, right?
A: Maybe they are just different?
Q: Especially, your thoughts about the Universe…
A: I am indeed interested in the Universe- its creation, processes. We have very limited knowledge about it- may be 1%. For example, Black Holes- what is inside them? Mystery!
Q: The spectators have noticed that you are pretty loose in front of the cameras. May be TV is your future?
A: That what I think: maybe I am in a wrong business? Perhaps, I should have become a showman? (laughs). But seriously, it’s not that difficult. You simply need to be natural and ignore the camera. I also have had a lot of experience- I talk to the reporters almost daily. I am used to it.

“We will play in swimming suits”

Q: Jeremy Roenick, famous for his humor, became a TV commentator. Would you like to follow his footsteps?
A: I adore that guy. Ok, I will start looking for showbiz opportunities. (laughs)
Q: Could you become a TV analyst?
A: Hardly. I have been using wrong words way too often. There will be too many bleeps on the air.
But honestly, the level of Russian commentators is way inferior to their American counterparts. The analyst here will clarify the situation on the ice, explain the players’ abilities and skills and will use statistics to prove the point. This info helps to understand the game even for ignorant spectators.
Q: How is preparation for the “Winter Classic”?
A: What Winter Classic? It’s 15 degrees Celsius outside. Will put on swimming suits and play water polo.

Dinner with Bobrovsky

Q: There are a lot of tweets about your mask for the Winter Classic. There depicted famous Philadelphia athletes. Who are they?
A: Bobby Clark is there. I am not sure about the rest. I asked to put 4 most legendary Philadelphia athletes. It was my idea, but a contractor chose whom to portrait.
Q: Why do you have just Philadelphians?
A: I do play for Philadelphia Flyers! There is an expression here: “once a Flyer, always a Flyer”. It’s not just words. We have very loyal and passionate fans. The other cities teams do not exist for them- their hearts belong to the city teams. My mask is a token of respect to these fans and to all other sports that exist in Philadelphia.
Q: There is a rumor that you and Boborovsky do not speak to each other.
A: BS! We share dinner every night when we are away. We communicate perfectly.
Q: What about competition?
A: Bob is not my competitor, he is my partner. We work for the team. We all have one goal that we work for together.
Q: The Russian press had stated years ago, that there is not much love to Russian players in Philadelphia.
A: There is a lot of love. It cannot be any other way if you play with your heart out and work till exhaustion.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 03:37 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Q: How is preparation for the “Winter Classic”?
A: What Winter Classic? It’s 15 degrees Celsius outside. Will put on swimming suits and play water polo.
Thank you Bryz for saying exactly how I feel.

Winter is a lie anymore.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:06 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
A: There is a lot of love. It cannot be any other way if you play with your heart out and work till exhaustion.
maybe Bryz should try that sometime

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Another good interview, and still good to see that Bob and Bryz are working together.

12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
maybe Bryz should try that sometime
yup, not playing his best hockey instantly means he doesnt work hard, or try his best....someone has obviously never played the game, or is just ignorant. One of the two.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Thank you Bryz for saying exactly how I feel.

Winter is a lie anymore.
I've played water polo outside at 10 degrees... It sure felt like winter even though it was spring, could not even shoot properly as arms seize up! But yeh... winter on this side of the pond has been a joke this year too, only 2 days of snow, compared to last years two weeks of snow with minus weather each day, with a low of minus 18!

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2011, 05:21 PM
CoolinWithCosta

Q: The Russian press had stated years ago, that there is not much love to Russian players in Philadelphia.

He gets it already.

CoolinWithCosta is offline   Reply With Quote