Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Växjö Lakers and Martin Gerber

Old
12-27-2011, 03:48 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Växjö Lakers and Martin Gerber

Hello,

from what i could read in newspapers ... the honeymoon between the Växjö Lakers and Gerber is over. On a silly thing according to what i read.

Hence i ask on this board ... has anyone additional infos on the stand between Gerber and his employer ?

tks

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 04:40 AM
Coog

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Hello,

from what i could read in newspapers ... the honeymoon between the Växjö Lakers and Gerber is over. On a silly thing according to what i read.

Hence i ask on this board ... has anyone additional infos on the stand between Gerber and his employer ?

tks
Hmmm I haven't heard anything other than praises for Gerber but did a quick search in the swedish tabloids and can't find anything supporting Gerber falling out of favour. He's still considered a rock in Växjö as far as I can tell.

Coog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
I'm a Växjö-supporter and I've heard nothing of this. He seems to be enjoying himself and the team is happy with his season so far, some nights he's really bailed out the team. His family seems to be quite happy there as well.

Lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 05:51 AM
torero

That sounds logical ...

i read in a local newspaper that he was hurt being pulled out in a game, that the mgmt didn't understand and that he was conidering comming back to his home team (Langnau Tigers) in NLA.

I couldn't understand how an experienced goalie like him would react like that and how a decent mgmt would act like this whit someone delivering such results.

That burries the case.
Tks

Old
12-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Coog

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
That sounds logical ...

i read in a local newspaper that he was hurt being pulled out in a game, that the mgmt didn't understand and that he was conidering comming back to his home team (Langnau Tigers) in NLA.

I couldn't understand how an experienced goalie like him would react like that and how a decent mgmt would act like this whit someone delivering such results.

That burries the case.
Tks
Yes he got struck in the head by a puck (I think) and wasn't fit to play the next game. But he wasn't benched because he was playing bad, he's been terrific and I wouldn't mind having him back in Färjestad again.

Coog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
torero

Good news.

Gerber has generally been an outstanding goalie and has been an example in the locker room.

His extraordinary deeds are numerous, like shutting down Canada in Olympic games in ITaly. facing some 50 and some shots in front of the real big canadian players ! once he faced 60 and some shots in a games, with 0 goal was the record of the year in NHL. As said in the beginning, he is generally outstanding, with some soft patches from time to time. I believe that these soft patches at the wrong moment made him never have a 5-6 yrs contact in NHL and to be considered as a top10 goalies.

So i am really happy for him that he found a great place to be.

IN fact of all Swiss goalies, he is my prefered.