HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: So much for tanking - Habs beat Sens 6-2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
  #176
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Is it me or did anyone else notice Gorges did not seem too happy after Subban's goal?
You should email La Presse about that. Maybe add some language problem in there to spice it up a bit.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
  #177
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Really...Pacioretty losing a hug-out visor-fight to a Brian Lee is what the team needed?

In the 5min Pacioretty was in the box for fighting the Sens outshot the Habs 4-0 (shots were 8-2 Sens pre-fight) and upped their physical play to outhit the Habs 6-2 during that time (it was 3-2 Sens pre-fight).

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/PL020531.HTM

The Habs 1st shot after the fight happened 6min later and it went in.

Fighting can provide a boost when it is seen as protecting a teammate and the player actually wins (see Ryan White on Johnny Boychuk). I don't see the benefit of staged fights between goons and these hug outs between non fighters.
Winning or losing a fight doesn't have anything to do with the respect you get from your peers. Just dropping the gloves is respect enough. I don't know if it had any effect on the team, but I think it was good Max did it. When the team is in a tail spin like this you need to do everything. I respect him for that.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
  #178
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Is it me or did anyone else notice Gorges did not seem too happy after Subban's goal?
I didn't notice. However I wasn't terribly impressed with PK's celebration and figured it was karma that he was caught standing around on Spezza's goal a short while later. I love PK but sometimes I do wonder where his head is at. Even though he seems level headed, Montreal can make you crazy.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
  #179
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,964
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I didn't notice. However I wasn't terribly impressed with PK's celebration and figured it was karma that he was caught standing around on Spezza's goal a short while later. I love PK but sometimes I do wonder where his head is at. Even though he seems level headed, Montreal can make you crazy.
:

You're probably the same type of person who used to freak out about Ovechkin's enthusiasm. Give me a player who's excited to score and succeed.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
  #180
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Considering the incredibly soft play that Subban made to give Spezza a 2 on 1 right before his goal, I think the whole team had the right to be not too thrilled. Subban is really enthusiastic and sometimes he's not careful with his actions(celebrating like no tomorrow after nearly costing his team a goal), but I'm all for letting him be who he is, you can't bash him around all the time. We have to live with his strengths and flaws.

He's in a rough patch, but I still feel lucky to have a player like him.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
  #181
MooseOllini
BobBarker
 
MooseOllini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Is it me or did anyone else notice Gorges did not seem too happy after Subban's goal?
Gorges always has a dramatic face. Ever saw him on interviews? If the end of the world was coming, I'd like Gorges to alert the nation about it.

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:43 AM
  #182
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I didn't notice. However I wasn't terribly impressed with PK's celebration and figured it was karma that he was caught standing around on Spezza's goal a short while later. I love PK but sometimes I do wonder where his head is at. Even though he seems level headed, Montreal can make you crazy.
Nah, I love PK's enthusiasm. The players should feed off that. The fans too. I find he adds life to the team through his personality. Love him or hate him, this kid loves to play hockey and it shows!

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
  #183
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBarker View Post
Gorges always has a dramatic face. Ever saw him on interviews? If the end of the world was coming, I'd like Gorges to alert the nation about it.
Thats pretty funny



I think he tried to smile but his eye started twitching

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
  #184
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500



Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
  #185
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
:

You're probably the same type of person who used to freak out about Ovechkin's enthusiasm. Give me a player who's excited to score and succeed.
He scored a goal to make it 5-1. I get the enthusiasm, I love the enthusiasm. Timing is important too though. With the events of the last week, it may have been a good moment for him as an individual. As a team, it seemed a smidge out of place. Not a big deal just as I said before it was somewhat fitting his celebration was countered with a goal against a minute later.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:09 PM
  #186
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,501
vCash: 500
Awards:
Are you guys for real? He was happy he scored because he's been sucking lately and was a healthy scratch last game. It was probably a huge load off of his mind. Give me a break.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:13 PM
  #187
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
:

You're probably the same type of person who used to freak out about Ovechkin's enthusiasm. Give me a player who's excited to score and succeed.
The way the Capitals celebrate every goal like they won the cup is embarrassing. I had no problem with Subban celebrating because he's struggling to score this year but the last thing I'd want is Subban acting like Ovie after every goal.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:13 PM
  #188
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Are you guys for real? He was happy he scored because he's been sucking lately and was a healthy scratch last game. It was probably a huge load off of his mind. Give me a break.
Yep and less than a minute later he was waving aimlessly at a puck while Spezza scored. Not too high and not too low, right??

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
  #189
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,654
vCash: 500
I really like to see Emelin on the PP as the shooter!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
  #190
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post


I almost sharted.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:32 PM
  #191
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Yep and less than a minute later he was waving aimlessly at a puck while Spezza scored. Not too high and not too low, right??
he's been asked to change his game so much the last year that it's not surprising to see him struggle

when we drafted him, they all said his defensive game was weak
he slowly improved it in his own way and learn to play a way that worked for him.
When we brought him up 2 years ago and last year, he was playing more his way a way that worked for him...

i think JM really messed him up in trying to force him to play a way thats not comfortable to him.

you really cant get players to play differently than their instincts some time

he'll eventually come around though...

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:48 PM
  #192
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post


WIN!!

Gorges-our future captain!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 12:52 PM
  #193
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,327
vCash: 500
So Eller was +1 while DD was +2...

Further proof that DD is better than Eller defensively.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:21 PM
  #194
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Really...Pacioretty losing a hug-out visor-fight to a Brian Lee is what the team needed?

In the 5min Pacioretty was in the box for fighting the Sens outshot the Habs 4-0 (shots were 8-2 Sens pre-fight) and upped their physical play to outhit the Habs 6-2 during that time (it was 3-2 Sens pre-fight).

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/PL020531.HTM

The Habs 1st shot after the fight happened 6min later and it went in.

Fighting can provide a boost when it is seen as protecting a teammate and the player actually wins (see Ryan White on Johnny Boychuk). I don't see the benefit of staged fights between goons and these hug outs between non fighters.
yeah? well... yeah... momentum man...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:44 PM
  #195
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Saying that the habs are a smurf team is built more on myth than fact. The Flyers do have a bigger team but only by a bit, they ahve more than their share of "smurfs" in Giroux Briere Timonen. Boston won the cup last yaer and their top line in the playoffs averaged 5'10" and about 185lbs.

Most of the players Gauthier has added since taking over bring size to the table...Tinordi(draft) Emelin Eller Cole Blunden.
I love it when posters are selective. Tinordi is not with the team and Blunden is only up because of injuries. He's not a major fixture with the squad and sometimes I wonder if Gauthier doesn't go for these hulking one dimensional players just to prove his point that big players don't know how to play. Emelin was not his selection but I'll give you that one. So that's Emelin Eller & Cole. What about DD, Diaz & Campoli and when you talk about soft you can throw Kaberle in there. Now those last four players are not totally bad. Some of them I like alot but when you put them on a team that already has Gionta, Cammy, Gomez and Pleks well you're asking for trouble. Also on defense Gorges & Weber are on the small side for d men. If the rest of the team was bigger it wouldn't matter but when your team is already on the small side then it hurts.

Also, I'm tired of hearing this crap that we're a fast, skilled, speedy team. We're not. Most teams are as fast and skilled as the Habs but they have the size/grit advantage.


Last edited by onice: 12-28-2011 at 01:54 PM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
  #196
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Yep and less than a minute later he was waving aimlessly at a puck while Spezza scored. Not too high and not too low, right??
Habs nation, the nation that eat their young stars alive.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
  #197
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Also, I'm tired of hearing this crap that we're a fast, skilled, speedy team. We're not. Most teams are as fast and skilled as the Habs but they have the size/grit advantage.
Skill is debateable since wr have atrocious finishers and no sleek danglers, but we definitely have one of the fastest forward corps in the league. Even haters would acknowledge that our forwards are mostly above average skaters. Its one reason we match up well against Boston.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:04 PM
  #198
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
So Eller was +1 while DD was +2...

Further proof that DD is better than Eller defensively.
Definitely.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
  #199
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
So Eller was +1 while DD was +2...

Further proof that DD is better than Eller defensively.
Seriously hope this is a joke

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
  #200
OpenIceHit
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Winning or losing a fight doesn't have anything to do with the respect you get from your peers. Just dropping the gloves is respect enough. I don't know if it had any effect on the team, but I think it was good Max did it. When the team is in a tail spin like this you need to do everything. I respect him for that.
+1

I respect that too. I'm not saying it changed the game or not, but it just showed what he is made of and that he is tired to see the Habs suck so bad.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.