HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Wild @ Preds - ”Seek & Destroy”

Old
12-28-2011, 09:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
anyone else see that guy yelling go wings kicked out of the camera view? awesome

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:55 PM
tserberis*

Now to 24/7

Bryzalogy next

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 09:55 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Wow... Josi with 25 mins of TOI

Another sellout. Way to go Lreds fans!
sellout on a wednesday night? nice!! very surprised but great news

Old
12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
thirdmanin, you are right.. lots of positives to build on.

except if minnesota hasn't won a game in eight games and they nearly beat us.. outplayed us for the most part.. then thats not too good but a win is a win!

and i guess tootoo really is going to get screwed of his goal... haha

i guess PredsV82 was right.... the NHL really does hate tootoo
Good teams go on losing streaks all of the time. Of course, seven games (until tonight) is a pretty long streak, but it happens over the course of an 82 game season. Even the most dominant of teams who are fighting for the top spot in the league nearly lose to teams worse than the Wild, and the Preds certainly aren't one of those dominant clubs. It could be worse. We could have actually lost the game and ended the streak for them.

The Wild did tonight what they were doing to be such a good club at the beginning of the season. Tight checking in the neutral zone and in the slot and good goaltending. Luckily, we overcame it and pulled out the shootout win.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 10:00 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Good teams go on losing streaks all of the time. Of course, seven games (until tonight) is a pretty long streak, but it happens over the course of an 82 game season. Even the most dominant of teams who are fighting for the top spot in the league nearly lose to teams worse than the Wild, and the Preds certainly aren't one of those dominant clubs. It could be worse. We could have actually lost the game and ended the streak for them.

The Wild did tonight what they were doing to be such a good club at the beginning of the season. Tight checking in the neutral zone and in the slot and good goaltending. Luckily, we overcame it and pulled out the shootout win.
right on sir.. watching the game tonight, it wasn't hard to see why the wild allow so few goals.. although our offense didn't do a good job of getting pucks to the net.

tootoo is a man.. love the interview where he was asked about dropping the gloves. pretty much said he was disappointed in the ref and doesn't know who he is .. referred to him as #25 lol.. and said just to let it go

Old
12-28-2011, 10:20 PM
NoNecksCurse

my thoughts on the game...

(*) the defensive unit looked relatively solid all night. ellis looked decent again. showing some poise out there and almost hit 20 minutes TOI. blum, bouillion, hillen continue to make me nervous.. weber's absence couldn't be any worse. suter with another workhorse game and logged 29:46, what's new?

(*) the forwards continue to look well not impressive.. i really believe its time to shake up the sk-fisher-erat line.. hornqvist continues to kill any offensive chance, sk continues to be a shell of him former self, and mr. underwood continues to lack the skill to get the puck in the net on a consistent basis.. id hate to break up the SWT line at this point but feel it may be our best option to ignite some kind of offensive pressure game in game out.. our third and fourth lines were better than our top 2 imo.

(*) id like to see tootoo get more ice time at this point.. he has been one of our best forwards for quite a stretch and only had 13 minutes TOI.. Bourque looked good from the little that i saw of him. he only had 10 shifts but loved his play of getting it to the net and really using his speed. good to see..

(*) on the shootout, wilson with a great move. really showed his great hands and skill set with that move. on the same note, smith continues to be snake bitten since missing that empty net ( what a fail ) .. i really dreaded this happening to him after getting off to a great start.. hopefully he gets back in the groove along with more than a couple of our forwards..

(*) rinne looke solid again in net. stopped 34/35 shots and really looked like the vezina candidate of last year.. alot of minnesota's 35 shots werent really prime scoring opportunites either..

(*) great job by the boys of not going to the box all game.. only two opportunites for the wild's PP.. our PP went 0 - 3 on the negative and looked weak for the most part.

(*) with all that said, a win is a win. especially coming off losing a couple, it does wonders for a teams confidence. and you can see when our team isn't confident ( see the beginning of the year ) .. would have loved to win it in regulation though.

Old
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

The problem with this team is becoming clear to me. In my opinion, (which could be wrong, im just a fan. i don't see the behind the scenes stuff) the talented players dont work hard enough and the hard workers arent talented enough.

Anyways, notes on tonight:

Suter is playing like a man that wasn't out. Just seems like he has a "whatever, i hit UFA in 6 months" attitude to me. maybe he's injured...i dont know.

Hillen is obsolete. He's an offensive defensemen, and we cant have him, blum, and ellis all taking that role (josi i'd call two way). Waive him or trade him if you can.

the young D looked solid.

Borque reminds me of Hornqvist. This kid is good.

Erat, Legwand, Fisher, and especially SK looked awful tonight. no urgency whatsoever.

We need to change up our lines and d pairings badly.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Man Tootoo has been on a tear recently. I would usually just shake it off as getting a few lucky bounces but he's been pretty consistent the last few weeks. Ofcourse now I've probably jynxed it.

I was only able to watch the first period unfortunately. How did Ellis look in his 2nd game? Borque aswell if possible.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:07 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Man Tootoo has been on a tear recently. I would usually just shake it off as getting a few lucky bounces but he's been pretty consistent the last few weeks. Ofcourse now I've probably jynxed it.

I was only able to watch the first period unfortunately. How did Ellis look in his 2nd game? Borque aswell if possible.
Better then the rest of the team...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
ellis look solid all game to me.. logged almost 20 mins , didn't look out of place either.. same can be said for bourque although he only had 10 shifts.. used his speed very well. I was impressed. he was on the 4th line with smithson but still had scoring chances which says alot imo

Old
12-28-2011, 11:21 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
The problem with this team is becoming clear to me. In my opinion, (which could be wrong, im just a fan. i don't see the behind the scenes stuff) the talented players dont work hard enough and the hard workers arent talented enough.

Anyways, notes on tonight:

Suter is playing like a man that wasn't out. Just seems like he has a "whatever, i hit UFA in 6 months" attitude to me. maybe he's injured...i dont know.

Hillen is obsolete. He's an offensive defensemen, and we cant have him, blum, and ellis all taking that role (josi i'd call two way). Waive him or trade him if you can.

the young D looked solid.

Borque reminds me of Hornqvist. This kid is good.

Erat, Legwand, Fisher, and especially SK looked awful tonight. no urgency whatsoever.

We need to change up our lines and d pairings badly.
so many things to talk about here:

1. Suter is playing at a very very high level right now. playing almost 30 min a night against teams top lines without his wubby isn't a man who wants out. I fear you are going to be very disappointed in a few weeks...

2. agree about hillen. in a dream world, klein comes back and is paired with blum, who seems looked tonight like the blum of last year. (looked like a guy that didn't want to ride the bus. I think the message that geoffrion got is looming for blum and he knows it if he doesn't pick it up.) and when weber is back he boots 51 from the lineup and pair him wjosi and let suter roll with ellis until the need for 20 and 6 to be paired is needed. and then once we get the 3rd pair vet, the kid playing bonehead hockey goes down.

3. agree. all the ids looked decent tonight.

4.bourque looks nothing like hornquist on the ice, starting with the fact bourque can skate

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so many things to talk about here:
4.bourque looks nothing like hornquist on the ice, starting with the fact bourque can skate
I mean as far as tenacity and driving to the net. I agree borque is more skilled, i just think they play similar styles.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2011, 11:37 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
sellout on a wednesday night? nice!! very surprised but great news
5th straight sellout!!!

Willy said if we sellout on Sunday, we will tie our franchise record for 6 straight. I'll be there, will you? Let's do it!!!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:32 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Just saw a stat during the post game presser. Rinne vs. the Wild is 5-0, 0.55 GAA, with a .979 save % (not sure if this is at home only or total games).

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:34 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Just saw a stat during the post game presser. Rinne vs. the Wild is 5-0, 0.55 GAA, with a .979 save % (not sure if this is at home only or total games).
Just home games...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 07:36 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Just home games...
Seth, while you're here, any further speculation about when a trade goes down? Any teams you think are in the mix?

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:32 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
*snore* Whoa, *snaps awake* did someone almost score?

*sigh* Nope... Tootoo just shoved a guy into their goalie.

The most boring game I've been to in years. If Minnesota played Nashville for 82 straight games, I wouldn't attend one of them.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 08:55 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post

I usually try to stay quiet regarding Suter bc my opinion is going to be full of homerism but I disagree. To me, he looks like a man stressed out bc he's playing with a d-Corp full of kids.

You said the same thin after the Detroit game and I didn't respond but there was a moment after he missed a pretty good scoring opportunity that he looked absolutely livid with himself slamming the bench door and hanging his head, no way he's checked out.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:26 AM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
*snore* Whoa, *snaps awake* did someone almost score?

*sigh* Nope... Tootoo just shoved a guy into their goalie.

The most boring game I've been to in years. If Minnesota played Nashville for 82 straight games, I wouldn't attend one of them.
LOLZ...pretty much every game but I still find it somewhat entertaining.

What I don't find entertaining is Hornqvist. How can a guy have the puck on his blade infront of the goalie for 3 whole seconds with no-one coming at him and make an opportunity an inopportunity.

Fisher is worthless and Serghey...come on...Colin Wilson was like, "Did you see that? That's how you do it! GTFO Pinko"

And what happened last night anyway...I was watching and it showed Min up 1-0 in the 2nd I believe, then they were playing and then it was 0-0 in the 3rd. Did FSN screw up or something?

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:35 AM
66Falconboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
5th straight sellout!!!

Willy said if we sellout on Sunday, we will tie our franchise record for 6 straight. I'll be there, will you? Let's do it!!!
My church (Nashville First Church of the Nazarene) is doing its part...we're bringing 102 folks!

66Falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:35 AM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post

What I don't find entertaining is Hornqvist. How can a guy have the puck on his blade infront of the goalie for 3 whole seconds with no-one coming at him and make an opportunity an inopportunity.

Fisher is worthless and Serghey...come on...Colin Wilson was like, "Did you see that? That's how you do it! GTFO Pinko"

And what happened last night anyway...I was watching and it showed Min up 1-0 in the 2nd I believe, then they were playing and then it was 0-0 in the 3rd. Did FSN screw up or something?
I noticed the same thing because I missed the first part of the period and wonder who scored and how they scored and then it was 0-0 and I said what is going on?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:13 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post

While I get where you're going with this, what was he supposed to do? He was too close to have any decent shot at the net. Harding played it perfectly, gave him nothing low and Hornqvist had no way to go high. He isn't a good enough puck handler to go around Harding and there was no one open on the play. He tried to go high and it went into the mesh, off of Harding I believe. Not much to see here.

I'm more concerned with a team coming into the zone and making one too many passes instead of shooting the puck while we have guys driving to the net. That's more bothersome than anything. Way too many good opportunities squandered by guys trying to be too pretty. We are not skilled enough to make the passes we were making and we don't have guys who can finish even if those passes connect. We need to get pucks to the net with traffic, fight for the garbage and bury those chances.

I also think the Fisher line needs to be broken up as they are ineffective offensively right now. Leave the Spaling line alone as they are doing great right now. Swap out centers, Legwand and Fisher and see if that has the desired effect or swap out a winger from each line and see what happens.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Suter is very quietly, but, quite obviously playing his butt off right now. Saying that he's checked out is a weak attempt to justify a poster's gloom and doom perspective and project their view onto a player.

Minny continues to be a defense first team. 5th in goals allowed per game is not a mistake. They collapse, clog the shooting and passing lanes, and back that with good goal tending. That style took away the cross ice passes we like to use on the PP and frustrated our forwards most of the night. They're a very difficult team to score on. We got one in regulation and missed a few other pretty good chances. I hope that Hornqvist learned that he can't Jedi mind trick the goalie out of the way for a PP goal.

The kids were solid for the most part. Blum caught chasing Heatley was the one glaring exception, but, even Jon had a few good plays in his own end. Josi stepping up his game with Weber out. Things get interesting as we get healthy on the blue line .... very interesting if Poile does find a stay home d-man on the trade market.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I see tensions are high today. Just like every other day now in predville.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 10:47 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

This was the total opposite of the Festivus Miracle on Broadway: where that game could be appreciated by anyone, with goals falling out whenever you shook the thing, this game was a much harder sell. It was a Family Four Pack night, too, so a lot of people were watching (or texting all through) their first hockey game tonight. The kid sitting next to me didn't even know how many periods they play. The row in front of me was mostly kids, probably all in the 8-12 range. They saw a really frustrating game.

I was giving Blum down the road before the game for his poor start to the season, but I'll give credit where credit is due: I thought he played very well tonight. Even on the Heatley goal, he was making the right adjustment, he just had no stick to work with. He was hungry to score all night and got a nice deflection from Tootoo, whose barrel roll after the goal was hilarious. I had reservations about Ellis, but he also played well. Josi looked excellent alongside Suter. I still think Ellis is sent to the minors when everyone is healthy, but good to see him comfortable at this level.

Unfortunately, this game once again showed our need for the big rearguard to push guys around. Not just Weber, but someone who can really afford to be nasty in the corners and low slot like O'Brien could be. Minnesota totally had their way with us around the net, and I counted at least two instances where our guys just bounced right off of Mikko Koivu. I recognize that Mikko is a stout fellow, but it wasn't just him, it was Brodziak and Heatley and just about everyone else.

As for the forwards, the whole Fisher line can sit, IMO. Hornqvist thinks he's Peter Forsberg, Fisher isn't moving his feet, and Kostitsyn is entirely too predictable.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote