HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Thursday Dec. 29 | Maple Leafs @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 | LEAFS TV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2011, 08:49 AM
  #51
Mansfield
possession obsession
 
Mansfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
from the goals i saw last night, i dont think any of the goals were exactly good on the goalie at all.
yeah, all the goals were stoppable imo.

I think going with reimer is the best choice, ride him till he gets better...we know he has it in him

Mansfield is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:52 AM
  #52
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
yeah, all the goals were stoppable imo.

I think going with reimer is the best choice, ride him till he gets better...we know he has it in him
pretty much the same thought im going with, he was very crucial for our playoff run last year so might as well get him back to shape so he can do the same this year.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
  #53
30Rinks
Go To A Leafs Game @
 
30Rinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Sorry guys, not a chance they win this. They are 0-3-0 at road games I went to this year... I'm bad luck :-p

30Rinks is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:08 AM
  #54
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Rinks View Post
Sorry guys, not a chance they win this. They are 0-3-0 at road games I went to this year... I'm bad luck :-p
someone kidnap this man so he doesn't ruin it for us god damn it!

just joking bud, enjoy the game and cheer us on loud!

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:09 AM
  #55
Pyrophorus
Registered User
 
Pyrophorus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,025
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
man those goals looked damn weak by the panthers...it's sorta of sad to see.
That game, and the one against the Kings, was a pure example of puck luck going against us.

Pyrophorus is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:30 AM
  #56
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team
 
Thomas Malthus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
That game, and the one against the Kings, was a pure example of puck luck going against us.
The Panthers' goals came from poor defensive play, not bad luck:
Gardiner chasing the puck leads to Thomas' goal.
Schenn turning at the offensive blueline leads to Fleischmann's goal.
Kessel and Lupul failing to get the puck out of the zone leads to Gudbranson's goal.
Crabb collapses to the slot instead of pressuring point, leads to Garrison's goal.

Versteeg's goal was lucky but that was the only one, the others can all be explained by defensive lapses.

Thomas Malthus is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:32 AM
  #57
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightta View Post
The Panthers' goals came from poor defensive play, not bad luck:
Gardiner chasing the puck leads to Thomas' goal.
Schenn turning at the offensive blueline leads to Fleischmann's goal.
Kessel and Lupul failing to get the puck out of the zone leads to Gudbranson's goal.
Crabb collapses to the slot instead of pressuring point, leads to Garrison's goal.

Versteeg's goal was lucky but that was the only one, the others can all be explained by defensive lapses.
Although I agree we should be tighter defensively but the goalies should have had majority of those goals...its not a good hting to see.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
  #58
Erdinger
Registered User
 
Erdinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,756
vCash: 500
I'm sure Ward will play his usual hall of famer game against the Leafs tonight. Just for once in Raleigh it might be good for the Leafs to actually come out to play in the first five minutes and not stand around like pylons until they give the Canes the early lead. Can't see that happening though. Is there a team in the league that comes out flatter at the start of every game than these guys do after Ronnie's inspirational pre-game speech?

Erdinger is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:51 AM
  #59
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
I'm sure Ward will play his usual hall of famer game against the Leafs tonight. Just for once in Raleigh it might be good for the Leafs to actually come out to play in the first five minutes and not stand around like pylons until they give the Canes the early lead. Can't see that happening though. Is there a team in the league that comes out flatter at the start of every game than these guys do after Ronnie's inspirational pre-game speech?
Last time ward did end up up playin his mind off with his insane saves
I hope we don't have to see that tonight.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:56 AM
  #60
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG
 
SeenSchenn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,684
vCash: 500
Big 2 pts. Wins vs CAR/WPG would be great.

SeenSchenn2 is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 09:57 AM
  #61
Mansfield
possession obsession
 
Mansfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
I'm sure Ward will play his usual hall of famer game against the Leafs tonight. Just for once in Raleigh it might be good for the Leafs to actually come out to play in the first five minutes and not stand around like pylons until they give the Canes the early lead. Can't see that happening though. Is there a team in the league that comes out flatter at the start of every game than these guys do after Ronnie's inspirational pre-game speech?
HANTA YO, LET'S GO

Mansfield is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
  #62
tdigs
Registered User
 
tdigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Reimer will get a shutout tonight... 4-0 Leafs

tdigs is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
  #63
KingBuzzo
A custom title.
 
KingBuzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,206
vCash: 500
I think Kadri is going to have himself a solid game tonight to help us get a much needed win.

Go Leafs Go!

KingBuzzo is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 10:46 AM
  #64
Thomas Malthus
The Dismal Team
 
Thomas Malthus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Although I agree we should be tighter defensively but the goalies should have had majority of those goals...its not a good hting to see.
Goaltending was poor, I agree. Though, Gus made some nice saves he didn't come through when it really counted.

Thomas Malthus is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 10:57 AM
  #65
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightta View Post
The Panthers' goals came from poor defensive play, not bad luck:
Gardiner chasing the puck leads to Thomas' goal.
Schenn turning at the offensive blueline leads to Fleischmann's goal.
Kessel and Lupul failing to get the puck out of the zone leads to Gudbranson's goal.
Crabb collapses to the slot instead of pressuring point, leads to Garrison's goal.

Versteeg's goal was lucky but that was the only one, the others can all be explained by defensive lapses.
Even so, that shot looked very stoppable. James was very leaky on that one.

Suntouchable13 is online now  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:27 AM
  #66
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightta View Post
Goaltending was poor, I agree. Though, Gus made some nice saves he didn't come through when it really counted.
From what it seems yea gustavsson some good saves but didnt make it when we needed the most really.

Regardless none of the goalies looked good at all.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:28 AM
  #67
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
I think Kadri is going to have himself a solid game tonight to help us get a much needed win.

Go Leafs Go!
if he can put up an tyler ennis type of season iwll be more than happy.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
  #68
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
mattiaboni matt iaboni
Joey Crabb has 6 goals this season all on the road. Entering this season he had 2 goals in 40 career road games #Leafs #NHL #Canes

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:32 AM
  #69
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
leafs 8 canes 1

book it

TML g u n n e R s* is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:39 AM
  #70
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
leafs 8 canes 1

book it
explains why you have low vcash dude lo

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
  #71
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
watch i will get alot of it back after tonight !

TML g u n n e R s* is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
  #72
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
watch i will get alot of it back after tonight !
regardless lets get that win! HANTA YO!

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 12:13 PM
  #73
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
No lineup changes expected for Leafs tonight in Carolina. Reimer makes fifth straight start.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
  #74
Skipee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
jonasTSN1050 Jonas Siegel
No lineup changes expected for Leafs tonight in Carolina. Reimer makes fifth straight start.
Time to get my proline in, Carolina, Over, aaaaaaaaaand Dallas!

Skipee is offline  
Old
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM
  #75
Skipee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 473
vCash: 500
Ya let them play with "potential" instead of playing the goalie that gives them the best chance of winning the game. The only thing that Reimer is going to show is a 5 hole wider than the girls I went to high school with, and a glove hand that's softer than melted butter. I mean really, when is this Reimer experiment going to end? Ship him out for a 3rd and let the Monster, you know, the goalie who has actually proved something, play.

Skipee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.