HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeremy Lin forces TWC/MSG to come to an agreement

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2012, 10:21 AM
  #351
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Watched the game on Tuesday at Croxley's. 10 cent wings and $4 Saranac lagers. Good stuff.
I just went on Nutrisystem, you *******!

Seriously, this whole TWC/MSG thing is killing me. I can't go to a bar because I can't (or won't) drink on Nutrisystem, and the games are so damn expensive to attend. FiOS isn't available yet to my building, and watching a stream on my computer is just painful. Is it too much to ask that I can just relax and watch the game at home in HD? TWC and MSG are going to agree to something sooner or later, and its frustrating seeing both sides act like babies instead of solving the problem. They waste money on a ton of ads instead of trying to get a deal done.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM
  #352
GloveSave35
Registered User
 
GloveSave35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I just went on Nutrisystem, you *******!

Seriously, this whole TWC/MSG thing is killing me. I can't go to a bar because I can't (or won't) drink on Nutrisystem, and the games are so damn expensive to attend. FiOS isn't available yet to my building, and watching a stream on my computer is just painful. Is it too much to ask that I can just relax and watch the game at home in HD? TWC and MSG are going to agree to something sooner or later, and its frustrating seeing both sides act like babies instead of solving the problem. They waste money on a ton of ads instead of trying to get a deal done.
For the game vs the Yotes, I hooked up my computer to my HDTV with and HDMI cord. There ya go.. Rangers back at 55 inches. Worked well for me. A couple glitches here and there but the stream seemed solid and the picture was much better than on the computer screen.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 01:35 PM
  #353
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
For the game vs the Yotes, I hooked up my computer to my HDTV with and HDMI cord. There ya go.. Rangers back at 55 inches. Worked well for me. A couple glitches here and there but the stream seemed solid and the picture was much better than on the computer screen.
You got a feed that's 720p quality?

Somehow I find that hard to believe

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
  #354
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen anything about more viewing parties? If they do them for the Bahsten game, I might hit one.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
  #355
dfine06
Registered User
 
dfine06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
Any streams for the game tonight?

dfine06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
  #356
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine06 View Post
Any streams for the game tonight?
LoFFeN usually links them in the Front Page of the GDT.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 10:24 PM
  #357
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSkate View Post
I've seen enough Ranger tweets over the last couple of weeks that said similar things to think that maybe they're acting as shills for MSG.
Gee, ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
You got a feed that's 720p quality?

Somehow I find that hard to believe
I dont anything about tech crap, but I asked folks who do (because I was considering hooking my PC up to my 50 inch plasma) and they told me dont even bother, and that it would look just as crappy on the TV, and probably even worse on the bigger screen.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:00 AM
  #358
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,360
vCash: 500
Blondies on 79th and Broadway has been doing viewing parties for all the Rangers games, though you have to deal with annoying MSG employees doing their keepmsg speel as well. Wings to die for though.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 03:54 AM
  #359
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,366
vCash: 500
Any viewing parties in queens??

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:03 AM
  #360
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Blondies on 79th and Broadway has been doing viewing parties for all the Rangers games, though you have to deal with annoying MSG employees doing their keepmsg speel as well. Wings to die for though.
Blondies has incredible wings.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:53 AM
  #361
GloveSave35
Registered User
 
GloveSave35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
You got a feed that's 720p quality?

Somehow I find that hard to believe
I have no idea what quality the feed was... and I never claimed to know! Just said I hooked the computer up to the TV and was able to watch it at 55 inches instead of trying to follow the puck around on a tiny screen. Much easier on the eyes!

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:54 AM
  #362
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
I have no idea what quality the feed was... and I never claimed to know! Just said I hooked the computer up to the TV and was able to watch it at 55 inches instead of trying to follow the puck around on a tiny screen. Much easier on the eyes!
Stretching a low resolution feed onto a 55" TV would probably look like crap IMO..

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:07 AM
  #363
GloveSave35
Registered User
 
GloveSave35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
Stretching a low resolution feed onto a 55" TV would probably look like crap IMO..
Well I guess it must have been decent resolution because it actually looked pretty good. Of course no where near as good as the real thing, but I was pretty surprised by how watchable it was. Kind of just tried it on a whim and was happy with the outcome.

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 08:50 AM
  #364
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
The Streamo feed is HD, so if you can connect it to your TV I bet it would look good enough.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 09:36 AM
  #365
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,701
vCash: 157
Hey what's the deal with the radio when the turds at ESPN bump the game for the Knicks on 1050. What station are the Rangers on

GordonGecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  #366
doak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
The Streamo feed is HD, so if you can connect it to your TV I bet it would look good enough.
I've had some issues getting the streamo feed to work. I copy paste the link on my browser but it just goes to a chat box, no actual stream. I'm on a mac using Firefox. Any one else have this issue?

doak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:32 AM
  #367
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Norway
Country: United States
Posts: 3,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Hey what's the deal with the radio when the turds at ESPN bump the game for the Knicks on 1050. What station are the Rangers on
AM 970 The Apple

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
  #368
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Blondies on 79th and Broadway has been doing viewing parties for all the Rangers games, though you have to deal with annoying MSG employees doing their keepmsg speel as well. Wings to die for though.
I didnt see Blondies on the viewing party website, (I know they did one or two just up the block at Brother Jimmies) that's a great place. A bit pricey, but a fun atmosphere.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
  #369
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doak View Post
I've had some issues getting the streamo feed to work. I copy paste the link on my browser but it just goes to a chat box, no actual stream. I'm on a mac using Firefox. Any one else have this issue?
The Streamo link takes you to a live chat room filled with Ranger fans. Someone usually posts the link to the actual stream in the chat and you can access the stream from there.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 10:51 AM
  #370
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 16,072
vCash: 500
I also used my video card to send the streamo stream out to my 32" bedroom set and it was very watchable...certainly better than the SD MSG feed ever looked through TWC. And definitely more enjoyable than sitting at my desk watching on my 24" monitor. Not sure how good it would look on my main 112" display though.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
  #371
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Anyone know any streaming sites that will work on an Ipad or Ipod touch? Feel free to pm me if you dont want to post it publically.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
  #372
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
"Both Time Warner Cable and MSG Networks had constructive meetings with the Attorney General's Office this week. We look forward to continued conversations with the parties toward a resolution of their dispute." 1-13-2012

Come on you filthy ********. Get her done already.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 06:25 PM
  #373
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 4,701
vCash: 157
And whoever's considering RCN, make sure to look at the fine print because they have a a huge early termination fee on 2 year contracts

GordonGecko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
  #374
Rykerman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
"Both Time Warner Cable and MSG Networks had constructive meetings with the Attorney General's Office this week. We look forward to continued conversations with the parties toward a resolution of their dispute." 1-13-2012
This is good news... any day now

Rykerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
  #375
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
I have to come up with a hard deadline and stick to it. I really don't want to go over to directv because of the 2 year contract. But I'm not having much of a choice since the only reason I have cable is for sports.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.