GAME #37 - Los Angeles Kings at Winnipeg Jets - 29/12/2011

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 08:17 AM
WinnipegWinter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Will do. And yes, now both Jets and Kings fans feel at home visiting the other teams GDT's . Still not sure if I will wear the Brown or Ladd jersey. I will wear the other teams hat for sure, but wear will be primary . I WILL cheer both teams goals though

EDIT: Poll, combining both LAK and WPG forums...Dustin Brown kings jersey plus new Jets hat or Andrew Ladd jets jersey and new Kings hat? What say you?
I dare you to wear a kings jersey with a jets hat. I dare you

"i have a particular set of skills that help me find people like you. I will find you, and i will **** you"

Old
12-29-2011, 08:20 AM
WinnipegWinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
The good news is LA played last night, so they had some travel and are heading into a back-to-back.

I hope the Jets come out flying, stick to the gameplan and play our game. When we do that we can beat and go toe to toe with any team in the league, and without a doubt in my mind we can beat this Kings team. But we must stick to our gameplan and make it happen. Nothing will come easy.

I am hoping we see a real upswing from this Jets team now that we're "in a playoff spot". Even just looking at the standings and seeing us in 8th could be a huge, huge boost to this team and make them hungry for more. I think we'll strive to get better here and climb the standings as best we can. Every game counts, every point counts.

It's a night where we can once again climb a spot in the standings and separate ourselves, even just a little bit more, from the teams below us.

Toronto faces of vs. Carolina. Montreal faces off vs. Tampa Bay. If all goes right tonight, we could earn the 7th spot in the Eastern Conference. If we were to win tonight, we could also tie NJ in points for the 6th spot, however they would have played 1 less game and have 2 more wins than us. We could also be just 4 points back of Florida.

Now, I don't want to count my chickens here before they hatch, but best case scenario would certainly be welcomed.

Zach Bogosian > Drew Doughty.

Go Jets Go!

They technically dont have more wins than us if we tie them in the standings - shootout wins dont count in tiebreakers (we have 16 wins in regulation, they have freakn 11!!!)

Old
12-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
They technically dont have more wins than us if we tie them in the standings - shootout wins dont count in tiebreakers (we have 16 wins in regulation, they have freakn 11!!!)
ah! Thank you! I was looking at TSN's standings and they don't separate the shootout wins. I'll stick to NHL.com where they show the shootout records. That's a crazy amount of shootouts and wins NJ has pulled off to date.

This is good, then. We have a very good opportunity tonight. Every night feels like an opportunity, every night means something.

12-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I am really looking forward to going to this game tonight.

The Kings have a solid roster that is better than their record so far. We are going to need to be on our game to win tonight.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
So where do we stand if we win?
7th or 6th? (If Toronto loses that is)

We need Carolina and Tampa to win.
Especially Carolina

Last edited by King Woodballs: 12-29-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: derp
Old
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Will do. And yes, now both Jets and Kings fans feel at home visiting the other teams GDT's . Still not sure if I will wear the Brown or Ladd jersey. I will wear the other teams hat for sure, but wear will be primary . I WILL cheer both teams goals though

EDIT: Poll, combining both LAK and WPG forums...Dustin Brown kings jersey plus new Jets hat or Andrew Ladd jets jersey and new Kings hat? What say you?
Has to be Jets jersey.

Old
12-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
We need Carolina and Tampa to win as well.
Especially Carolina
Likely 7th just because NJ will have played one less game. If they play and lose the next day we could move up again. I think, anyways. I ain't no expert 'round these parts.

12-29-2011, 08:55 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
We need Carolina and Tampa to win as well.
Especially Carolina
If everything goes right (IE: the appropriate teams around us lose), then we'd be in sole possession of 6th in the East.

Should be a good game against the Kings - I think they're playing below where they should be, so the Jets are definitely going to have to bring it to win.

Go Go!

Old
12-29-2011, 08:58 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
i like our chances with LA coming off a road back to back. Any idea who is starting in goal tonight? i sorta feel like Chris Mason would be a solid start tonight.

Old
12-29-2011, 09:19 AM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

Also wondering who starts for them? Quick was lights out last night. Kind of hoping it's Bernier

Old
12-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Yosemite Sam

Anyone know if Buff is in?

Old
12-29-2011, 09:21 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Cormier officially recalled today.

Old
12-29-2011, 09:40 AM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
we could also tie NJ in points for the 6th spot, however they would have played 1 less game and have 2 more wins than us.
we have the wins that matter though. A lot of Jersey's are fake wins that don't count in tie breaking in the standings. they still will have played one less game though, so that counts.

edit: I see this has already been pointed out. sorry for the repeat

Old
12-29-2011, 09:40 AM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

I think we're witnessing the scenario for the balance of the regular season - every single game is a must-win, and the repercussions for losing will be devastating. Every night from here on in we will be watching the games featuring teams in the 13th to 6th spots in the Eastern Conference, praying for outright losses for our conference foes and hoping for a Jets win on the nights they play. The rest of the season (barring an outright collapse by the Jets) will have us on the edge of our seats damn near every night.

If somebody had forecasted this after the Jets first half-dozen games they would have been mocked right out of the HFBoards!

Old
12-29-2011, 09:41 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Seriously, Kings do not suck. Their goaltender is great, the blueline is really, REALLY solid and they have lots of top end talent up front. Their forward depth is not great and secondary scoring is a real problem, but this is a very very good the Jets are facing tonight that has seriously underachieved, mostly due to a terrible coach that has been fired (they are 3-0-1 under Darryl Sutter). Do not underestimate them.
I watched their game last night and they are a different team since Sutter got behind the bench.....also much more effective when Richards is in the lineup as well since they can't afford to lose a top scorer.

Also have been away more impressed with Doughty in the last half dozen games.....he seems to be settling in finally this year and maybe not worrying about living up to his $7 million contract which can get in a young guys head

This will be tough for LA to come off an emotional win on the road against the top team in the NHL and then get up for the Jets the next night. The fact they have a new coach and the players Dad's will be in attendance will help and I also think Richards will have a big night since half of Kenora will be calling in favors to try to get in the building.

This has been one that I had circled on my calendar early in the year.

Old
12-29-2011, 09:41 AM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Potential signs for this one:

In this town, Jets wear the crown.

Jets #1, no Doughty about it.

Down goes Dustin Brown.

Go Home!
Winkler: 132km
Kenora: 210km
This is our house!

Gretzky sucks (1988-1996)

Old
12-29-2011, 09:46 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:

Holden you need to bring both hats and both Jerseys then do the diva routine and flip outfit combinations about a half a dozen times in the night.....I say every time a team scores you switch to their jersey and hat like a total bandwagon jumper and keep the crowd around you laughing…..if need be make the change as you are standing and cheering the goal if the result conflicts with your current jersey and hat choice

Old
12-29-2011, 10:08 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Holden you need to bring both hats and both Jerseys then do the diva routine and flip outfit combinations about a half a dozen times in the night.....I say every time a team scores you switch to their jersey and hat like a total bandwagon jumper and keep the crowd around you laughing…..if need be make the change as you are standing and cheering the goal if the result conflicts with your current jersey and hat choice
bring the kings jersey you never know when you might need extra toilet paper those jumbo dogs can run right thru ya!

Old
12-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Roooski

vCash: 125
Go Jets Go!

Old
12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Brainstrained

Too early in the season to worry much about the standings, as long as over five to 10 games the Jets are trending up.

That said, I'll ignore my own advice somewhat to note that if they win tonight and Saturday over the Laffs, they should be in a better position.

Key tonight, I think, will be beating Quick and the L.A. defence. That's what they win, low-scoring games making the most of their limited fire power. The Jets need to start hard and score first, preferrably often.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
The Jets can win this game quite handily; these teams are fairly equal and the home crowd will tip the balance in our favour.

Jets 5 - Klings 2

GO JETS GO!!!

Old
12-29-2011, 10:24 AM
nocturn

Stoll with a 6 goal night knowing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=B1qHnhXOfBQ
is gonna happen after every one!

Old
12-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Conflicted Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
He touched his monkey! Das ist verboten!
btw I didn't see Marcel Dionne in the lineup, is he on the injured list?

Old
12-29-2011, 10:33 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Prediction: Stapleton with the first hat-trick in Jets 2.0 history, everybody buys Stapleton jerseys after.

Also, Bogosian > Doughty.

That's my contribution to the thread for now.

Old
12-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Oh my...

But, to be fair, the only one who would be scoring 6 goals in Ron Hainsey.

Closed Thread